Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
ZL1 front fascia and hood

I can't be the only person wondering who will be the first to offer the ZL1 fascia and hood, I know I would be the first person on the forums to order them both. Who else is looking to get these part for their current model. Maybe if we can get enough buzz going and establish a demand someone will supply.
Genious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I already got the ZL1 exhaust and rear defuser on mine complements of photoshop ...

Last edited by midnighter; 02-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It was said in the video that ZL1 front end won't fit the SS. I don't know if Mr. Opp' had mis-spoken, but I remember that being stated. Perhaps there are some changes to the radiator support or fender aprons that we don't see, but it seems to me the fenders are the same, so I'm confused why that statement was made.

My point - I'd be sure everything is interchangable, first

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
I'm also guilty of wanting one, I'm sure if their is a will there is a way,
Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
I'm also guilty of wanting one, I'm sure if their is a will there is a way,
Ain't nothin' wrong with that

If the fenders haven't changed, the only thing that would preclude someone from swapping facias would probably be the hood, for the most part. If the hood didn't change, perhaps the bumper bar or absorber changed, both of which are not a big deal to swap over. OR - maybe it's because of the addition of seperate DRLs, unlike V6 and SS models I really don't yet understand the basis for the statements, but we'll find out in a while.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It was said in the video that ZL1 front end won't fit the SS. I don't know if Mr. Opp' had mis-spoken, but I remember that being stated. Perhaps there are some changes to the radiator support or fender aprons that we don't see, but it seems to me the fenders are the same, so I'm confused why that statement was made.
He was very clear that it won't look right on the SS. It was never said that it physically couldn't be attached, at least not where I could hear!

But changes were made where it won't fit or look right on the other models. :(
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
sed34

Drives: a
i for one am glad. I don't want a bunch of zl1 wannabes giving the real zl1 a bad rep.
sed34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by sed34 View Post
i for one am glad. I don't want a bunch of zl1 wannabes giving the real zl1 a bad rep.

Harsh way to put it, but I agree.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sed34 View Post
I completely agree with you on that one. Out of respect for the performance models. I don't care if you put an SS badge on it or an RS badge on it you're a poser for putting a higher performance models front fascia on yours.

LS/LT Fascia on LS/LT, SS on SS and ZL1 on ZL1. I mean wouldn't it make you a little sick to see a base model with a ZL1 front end? That is unless of course you have a supercharged V8 making upwards of 600 HP.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I mean wouldn't it make you a little sick to see a base model with a ZL1 front end?
Not....really.

Can we not start ostracizing people that don't even exist, yet?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I just want the OEM ZL-1 side skirts, forget everything else. Is that posing?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I just want the OEM ZL-1 side skirts, forget everything else. Is that posing?
No I wouldn't say so because the side skirts aren't really all that different.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not....really.

Can we not start ostracizing people that don't even exist, yet?
I'm not trying to exclude anybody, I'm just making a statement about how it removes exclusivity from the ZL1 if every Tom, Dick and Harry goes around putting a ZL1 front fascia on their Lower Performance Model, and when I say that I mean if it is a LPM like a stock V6 or even a stock V8. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone I think it is wrong as a whole to put the higher performance model's part's on the lower performance model. Which even the SS will be next year. I'm not trying to single anyone out I mean this as a whole group. I can certainly say that if you want to use an aftermarket body kit that is similar to the ZL1 but not exactly then fine but let the people who paid for the ZL1 have the full package look for themselves.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I'm not trying to exclude anybody, I'm just making a statement about how it removes exclusivity from the ZL1 if every Tom, Dick and Harry goes around putting a ZL1 front fascia on their Lower Performance Model, and when I say that I mean if it is a LPM like a stock V6 or even a stock V8. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone I think it is wrong as a whole to put the higher performance model's part's on the lower performance model. Which even the SS will be next year. I'm not trying to single anyone out I mean this as a whole group. I can certainly say that if you want to use an aftermarket body kit that is similar to the ZL1 but not exactly then fine but let the people who paid for the ZL1 have the full package look for themselves.
It really doesn't rub me the wrong way. If I were a ZL1 owner, I would know what I have. And that would be enough for me. What's more...that the look is appealing enough for someone to put in the effort of buying and placing it on the car would be a bit of a compliment to me.

Plus, you've got to figure that "every Tom, Dick, and Harry" won't be putting on the fascia.Not realistically, especially considering all the great aftermarket pieces out there...several enthusiasts whom we're sure to know around here might...and that's fine by me. It wouldn't be nearly enough to get upset or resistive over, imo.

This reminds me...There was a rash of Corvette enthusiasts installing a Z06 body kit on their LT Corvettes. It looks real slick, just like the Z06, with the wider fenders and bigger air vents, etc. I noticed when browsing around the site that about half the Z06 owners didn't care, as I said above, they knew what they owned. And the other half seemed very insecure...as though an LT Vette with Z06 skin somehow made their real Z06 less impressive...I always found that attitude a bit odd.

And then, ironically...the factory did it, too!! The Grand Sport Corvette body work is nearly identical to the Z06!

But...I digress, because if what we've heard is correct...it won't fit, anyways.