Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
2014 RS/2SS fog light question

When I had my 2011 RS/2SS, I had to swap out the fog light bulb with a blue LED to match the halos.

I also bought a harness that made the fogs stay on all the time so I didn't have to press the button every time I started the car.

Now I have a 2014 RS/2SS. The fog lights are already LEDs I believe, but not color matched to the halos nor do they stay on all the time.

What I want to know is would that same harness also fit the 2014? It isn't easy for me to go and monkey around under the car so that's why I ask.

Also, has anyone already swapped out the fog light bulbs on their '14 and if so can you tell me what one you got to match the halo color blue?

Thanks!!

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Moved to Cosmetics & Lighting Mods sub-forum
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #3
camarocruzer

Bump

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
Old 07-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
The DRL harness will work to turn on the fogs at night, and there H11 bulbs, but there not LED from GM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
camarocruzer

They looked like LEDs. Cursory glance though.

Thank you for this. I appreciate it!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
N.P. we sale a lot of kits for adding the 2014 fogs, and we use the GM fog light housings in the kit's, todate they all came with incandescent bulbs in them.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
camarocruzer

So you sell the h11 led bulbs also? I believe that is all I would need...

Old 08-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #8
Shoefly22

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I went LED and the output is crap with the projector style fogs. Went to hid and 100% difference.
Shoefly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #9
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoefly22 View Post
I went LED and the output is crap with the projector style fogs. Went to hid and 100% difference.
have you had any issues at all with your HID fogs? i wanna get them but melting and flickering are my concern.
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
Shoefly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabreu09 View Post
have you had any issues at all with your HID fogs? i wanna get them but melting and flickering are my concern.
No problem so far. I have 35w
Old 08-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
camarocruzer

Quote:

Do you have a part no?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:41 AM   #12
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:

Do you happen to have a pic?
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #13
Shoefly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocruzer View Post
Do you have a part no?
No I don't have a part number. I purchased them this way from ddmtuning.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
Do you happen to have a pic?
Out of town right now. Will take picture when I get back home.

Please pm me if anymore questions.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
camarocruzer

[QUOTE=Shoefly22;7884008]No I don't have a part number. I purchased them this way from ddmtuning.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

Thanks alot! Trying to figure out what color to get -- prob something in the 8k-12k range since the headlights seem to be that color range?

Also have to see about the extras - Mounting Brackets, HID Harness and Error Eliminator. Are they all necessary?

Tags
wrong subforum