Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Why is everyone so suprised when Honda does this?

OMG! HONDA BUILT A CAR WITH 100 HP PER LITER!!!

They've been doing this for a long time.

It's no suprise to anybody when BMW builds a car like that. Why is it so startling when the other motorcycle/car company does it?

I'm certain that the upcoming NSX will have some "shortcoming" and the automotive press will still pick the M3 over the NSX, GT-R, and anything else Mazda or Mitsubishi might come up with. All because it has that stupid blue "propeller". They're BMW-philes and more easily forgive Bimmer's shortcomings than they do Honda, GM, etc...

Be suprised if the other car/motorcycle company builds an outstanding supercar. Suzuki already builds some of the quickest and fastest mass produced road vehicles on the planet. They just all have two wheels. The good news is that GM will get to share some of 'Zook's technology if they do.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
The good news is that GM will get to share some of 'Zook's technology if they do.
Why do you say that?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Why do you say that?
GM owns 20 percent of Suzuki...or did last time I checked Hard to say with the current restructuring.

They jointly own Daewoo.

GM builds the Suzuki XL7 on it's Theta platform.

IMHO they need to keep Suzuki (if they haven't already liquidated their stake in it.) The small efficient car market is only going to get bigger. Can't lean on Opel for all your small car engineering when Suzuki can do it as well or better for less.

Ford does pretty well with Mazda.

Chrysler and Mitsubishi had a mutually beneficial partnership before the Evil Daimler-Benz overlords came.

GM already killed Isuzu in the US. If you want an Isuzu? You gotta' go to the Chevy or GMC dealer and get a diesel Silverado.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ahh, see...I did not know this. I knew about Daewoo...
hmm. "Learn something new every day."
Old 08-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
Why is everyone so suprised when Honda does this?

OMG! HONDA BUILT A CAR WITH 100 HP PER LITER!!!

They've been doing this for a long time.

It's no suprise to anybody when BMW builds a car like that. Why is it so startling when the other motorcycle/car company does it?

I'm certain that the upcoming NSX will have some "shortcoming" and the automotive press will still pick the M3 over the NSX, GT-R, and anything else Mazda or Mitsubishi might come up with. All because it has that stupid blue "propeller". They're BMW-philes and more easily forgive Bimmer's shortcomings than they do Honda, GM, etc...

Be suprised if the other car/motorcycle company builds an outstanding supercar. Suzuki already builds some of the quickest and fastest mass produced road vehicles on the planet. They just all have two wheels. The good news is that GM will get to share some of 'Zook's technology if they do.
I don't recall reading too many posts where people were overly surprised with the NSX, particularly with the power of the engine. The only shocked responce came from the Muscle Master
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #20
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
chill wait is this car built by honda or built by acura? the article their doesnt mention anything about it running a vtec which gets me thinking acura built the motor. correct me if im wrong i dont follow these developments.
nice to see the japenese coming into the super car competition.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #21
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
chill wait is this car built by honda or built by acura? the article their doesnt mention anything about it running a vtec which gets me thinking acura built the motor. correct me if im wrong i dont follow these developments.
Well, its supposed to have a v-10, so I don't think they will be running Vtec in it...
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #22
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
Acura is to Honda as Chevrolet is to GM