Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #57
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Here's an even better comparison with the same lighting...

The Vette in the foreground in Victory Red, the Solstice in the distance is Inferno Orange.

xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #58
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
IOM all the way man, I Love and dont think many will get it in my area which is good, i hated that time frame for 4th gen when everyone had a forest green Camaro, i seen them everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #59
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
I do like that orange............................................ ..JRJ
jesserayjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #60
Chuteboxe39

Drives: (future) 2010 SS Camaro
damn is that really IOM ? cuz it looks like an ugly ass shade of red. but then some posted pics of an IOM solistice and it looks like a totally different color. much more attractive. these are these same colors ? must be drastically different in different types of light. think these pics helped me decide against going with this color.
Chuteboxe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #61
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Definately not orange or at least the orange I was hoping for.................... BUT I really do think its a gorgeous color nevertheless. I has a small sparkle to it. Im probably going to get this color.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #62
tmane'sLtRs
Rs Member

Drives: 2001 Impala
when ppl with victory red paint go to trade in their cars in about ten years or a little less they can just say that they have iom if their paint fades...lol
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #63
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Well, I will be seeing an IOM Camaro at the Miami autoshow today.

There is still some doubt as to whether it is victory red or IOM however I believe it is IOM..

take a look at this thread below and tell me what color you think the camaro is at the Miami auto show happening today..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9461

There are a couple more so check the thread out..
Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #64
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
That's Victory Red. There's not even a hint of orange gleam in there like there is on IOM. Not to mention there is no known IOM RS V6 preproduction car out there that we know of as of yet, but there is a Victory Red one and that's probably it.

I really don't know what to make of IOM. I went to see a Solstice at Vera Pontiac/Saturn yesterday in IOM and the color isn't really THAT bad. It's more orange when you see it in person, but then again it was in ideal lighting conditions - it was getting dark.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #65
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
That's Victory Red. There's not even a hint of orange gleam in there like there is on IOM. Not to mention there is no known IOM RS V6 preproduction car out there that we know of as of yet, but there is a Victory Red one and that's probably it.

I really don't know what to make of IOM. I went to see a Solstice at Vera Pontiac/Saturn yesterday in IOM and the color isn't really THAT bad. It's more orange when you see it in person, but then again it was in ideal lighting conditions - it was getting dark.
I stopped by the GM dealer yesterday, but they did not have any cars in IOM. I then stopped by the pontiac dealer and checked out a Solstice. They had one in a similar orange. Here are the pics. The car was tucked close to the building in the shade, and it was taken from a cell phone with a 3.2MP camera.
Attached Images

edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #66
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

I thought for sure it was IOM just because it looks orange, but there are some lighting camera issues. This pic sealed the deal for me - look, even the "RS" badge looks orange:

And the orange Pontiac Solstice has the same paint code as the Camaro, so it's the same color, just a different name.
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #67
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Now see, the photos edog took of the Solstice actually look a little more orange and rise my hopes for the color - kind of a slightly richer Hugger Orange metallic. The Solstice I saw at Vera Pontiac was also clearly orange, but it was getting dark. The Victory Red Camaro at South Miami has some pretty bright light above it so of course the highlights are going to be exaggerated to make it look slightly orange, it's the same thing that happens to blue and how some might think it's purple or gray and how some might think it's a pale blue. Lighting affects a lot, which is precisely why I think that if you were to see the controversial Camaro that started this thread in person, the orange would come out. The camera photos are oddly contrasty, because I can't imagine the IOM Solstice I saw in person looking like that, even under that kind of light.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #68
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
I thought for sure it was IOM just because it looks orange, but there are some lighting camera issues. This pic sealed the deal for me - look, even the "RS" badge looks orange:

And the orange Pontiac Solstice has the same paint code as the Camaro, so it's the same color, just a different name.
You're right, I can't believe I didn't notice that the RS badge was also orange. So it is victory red taken with a camera that has a strong orange push..
Old 11-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #69
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Thanks venom for posting these up - this was exactly what I was wondering. It is a great color, however it really confirmed that GM isn't actually offering an orange for the first year of production. Just a dark red, a medium red, and a metallic color-changing red.

Will probably change my order to white now and get a 2-tone color scheme w/ white and hugger orange - probably the way to go as I'll have to get the ground effects painted anyway

It really confuses me why GM would post the pic below on their site and call it IOM after seeing these pics. The only color that matches this I've seen are the cutaway pics which has a real orange on it (which you can also tell isn't a metallic paint). The rest are all red. Really red. Very confusing as all the other colors they've posted on the GM site are pretty much spot on. Any of you GM insiders have the scoop??? I don't want to cancel my order just to wait to see this color in person

Last edited by swifttal; 11-11-2008 at 10:48 PM.
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #70
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
Here's an even better comparison with the same lighting...

The Vette in the foreground in Victory Red, the Solstice in the distance is Inferno Orange.

OT, but man does cyber grey look sick in this pic. I think it's going to look fantastic on the SS/RS with the midnight silver wheels
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote