Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
drrm123

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro A6
Who has a Airaid CAI?

Has anyone tried a Airaid intake without tuning it? I like the look and construction of the air box better than the Roto-Fab. From what i've seen online. Just wondering if it would cause a power decrease if I did not tune it? Dont want to mess up my warranty and not ready for a tune yet.
drrm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Airaid Filters

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hi drrm123,

We definitely recommend you getting a tune. Whenever possible we try to avoid requiring a tune because many people like the bolt-on-and-go aspect of our products, and not everyone wants to invest in a tune in addition to an intake. So when we say it requires a tune, we really mean it. If you install without a tune, you can expect significant driveability issues. Hope this helps.
Airaid Filters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
pluckracin

Drives: 2012 zl1
Thumbs up

love my airaid intake great looks and function,aaa+++
pluckracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaid Filters View Post
Hi drrm123,

We definitely recommend you getting a tune. Whenever possible we try to avoid requiring a tune because many people like the bolt-on-and-go aspect of our products, and not everyone wants to invest in a tune in addition to an intake. So when we say it requires a tune, we really mean it. If you install without a tune, you can expect significant driveability issues. Hope this helps.
+1

We love Airaid intakes! We sell and install many of them with lots of great results. Yes you will want to tune with the ZL1. However as with most any modification, tuning and dialing it in will will provide you the best gains. I suggest gathering a few parts and installing them all at once along with a tune. That way you will only need to tune once. Feel free to Call, PM or email me with questions.

Kind regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote