Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #29
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
I think that if yours was a 2012 it would be fine, but since it is a 2013 I think that it is in the same league as putting SS badges on a LT, I personally wouldn't do it, but everyone has their own taste. If you like it, go for it, it's your car and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #30
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I think that if yours was a 2012 it would be fine, but since it is a 2013 I think that it is in the same league as putting SS badges on a LT, I personally wouldn't do it, but everyone has their own taste. If you like it, go for it, it's your car and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it
This post reminded me of something. Once I was on my way home from a school and saw a guy with an old best up maxima. He pulled off the Nissan logos and put corvette flags.....you could imagine how much my friend and I played into his "corvette".

I remember seeing online a guy had an accord and removed all the Honda logos and wheels and put BMW wheels and emblems on the car.

Honestly like others have said its your car and you pay the bills. If thus what makes you happy then do it. Screw the rest of us and do what you want. I know that when I do something to my car I know I'm not going to run it past anybody else. Because I have to drive it everyday.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #31
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Don't do it...It's like doing a comb over,nobody will say anything but you know what they're thinking.
Haha, awesome.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
If you like it, go for it, it's your car and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it
If it didn't, he wouldn't have asked the question here.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #33
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't do it. Take pride in your ride, and don't try to represent it as something it's not. If you did, I wouldn't judge you, but that is just me. Remember, this is just my opinion. No flaming or beat-down here.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #34
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Depends on who you talk to. 45th owners would probably say no, lol
I'm a 45th owner, a true limited vehicle number, not one that will have thousands produced every year for several years.....but please don't imply I'm included in that ZL1 "I got a different trim package so I'm elite and better than all of you smelly regular camaro owners so make it illegal to copy my car" group..... I've always hated snobs and self important people.

As far as badge'n or changing the paint/trim on his car, he can do whatever he wants with it. He could badge it as a ford mustang for all I care, if he thinks it looks good more power to him.........ignore all the snobs who think they are better than others since they bought a different trim package....do what you want with YOUR car.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #35
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I'm a 45th owner, a true limited vehicle number, not one that will have thousands produced every year for several years.....but please don't imply I'm included in that ZL1 "I got a different trim package so I'm elite and better than all of you smelly regular camaro owners so make it illegal to copy my car" group..... I've always hated snobs and self important people.

As far as badge'n or changing the paint/trim on his car, he can do whatever he wants with it. He could badge it as a ford mustang for all I care, if he thinks it looks good more power to him.........ignore all the snobs who think they are better than others since they bought a different trim package....do what you want with YOUR car.....
Whoa, calm down buddy. I'm not claiming elitist. I'm saying IMO re-badging is tacky and i'm not the only one but obviously there are folks on both sides of the fence. Drive your V6 SS down the road all you'd like if you can sleep at night. It's your prerogative. He's asking for opinions. He got 'em.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #36
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
I didn't know I was going to cause such controversy, lol. My intent was not to "rebrand" my car ie ZL1 stuff on an RS. I actaully walk to work so I'm cool with having the V6 for now.

I see the transformer stuff on cars that aren't the transformer edition, so I was wondering if the 45th was looked at the same. Like I said, I'm a novice so I wasn't sure if the 45th anniversary stuff was cool to use for everyone or just those with that car.
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #37
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
There are plenty of people who have a 6 and put the zl1 bumper on. Same difference.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
The logo is 45th not 45 or 45 years.
My understanding it was developed just for 45th Anniversary edition cars.
It is your car and you are free to mod it anyway you see fit even if I disagree and think it is odd.
good luck.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote