Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Lot's of good options in Houston. West and North will get the most recommendations. My wife is an excellent full time realtor with ReMax and could help you get started doing research on the various areas if the job pans out.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
I'm currently in Katy (seven meadows) and working in the energy corridor. For me, the schools aren't much help, so it doesn't justify the drive.

I'm looking at renting out and moving to Jersey Village (near 290) or off of 249 to the north. I'm not sure how the schools are off 249 north.

I can tell you the traffic from Katy is nuts. Driving down i10 between 6:30 am - 8:45 am or 4:00 on to 7:30 pm is taxing. There are some who do it and get used to it. I would rather be closer to home / work throughout the day.

Katy is great for raising a family because of the schools and proximity of shopping, restuarants and stuff to do.
TannerJPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
I live in fort bend. The schools are great in our area. Worth looking into. Not sure what your price range is, but if you have questions, let me know.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Stay away from 290...
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Stay away from 290...
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #20
HtownSS

Drives: Silver 2SS, 68 Firebird 400,70 vett
I've worked and lived all over this city. Stay off 290. Lived in the Woodlands for 4 years and we couldn't wait yo get out there,very stuffy the years we were there we had zero freinds, your social existence is based off your economic staus. Now if your looking for a laid back environment (magaritaville) you will enjoy the bay area, Clear Lake, Kemah, League City. There is aways something going on every weekend. The schools are rated in the top ten in Texas. Parts of I45 are a pain but there is hope its under a major expansion. Check out this site and you can get a general idea of some of the happings. http://thescenemagazine.com/
HtownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
HtownSS

Drives: Silver 2SS, 68 Firebird 400,70 vett
Sorry not sure what happened here's the attachment again.
http://issuu.com/thescenemag/docs/13...423433/5511586
HtownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
132SS

Drives: 2013 2SS
The woodlands area is nice. You can get out into the "country" around magbolia and montgomery. Excellent school districts. I live around magnolia and love it. Way better tax rate than the woodlands for sure lol
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #23
Street King Kid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS Blk w orange stripes
I live in the Cypress area and Cy-Fair I.S.D. has some great schools (some not so great) but the downside is you have to drive on 290 (closest thing to Hell on Earth).
Street King Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
hey Baylor, hows Kemah, we could be neighbors
I love it! I spent about ~8 years in Clear Lake which is on the other side of the lake from Kemah. Clear Lake is getting more busy in recent years and getting lots of traffic. League City / Kemah is on the South Side of the lake and much more laid back and less traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
I just bought a house in Katy and was going to do the same dilemma as you are. I looked around in the Woodlands, Cypress, Katy, Sugarland, Pearland, league city and Webster. The problem I encountered was that most insurance company would not underwrite me a new policy in certain areas, areas that were prone to flooding and founding floodplains.i.e... Kemah, League City, Webster. A dirty little secret about living south of Houston is I- 45 is notorious for having weekend traffic and collisions, from everyone heading to the beach. An example would be this past weekend Galveston held the lone Star bike rally. It took me an hour and a half to go down six exits on I 45, were it would normally take me 15 minutes. Just things to consider
If you live in a floodplain it can be an issue. I live right by the water but it isn't a direct floodplain. I agree I-45 around Clear Lake is TERRIBLE ALL THE TIME! So Clint if you're going to be working on the North side of town you probably don't want to live on the South Side (I.E. Clear Lake / League City / Kemah).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Q View Post
The Woodlands area is a great area! You don't have to live "in" the woodlands but there are neigborhoods close. It's great.
With Exxon moving A TON of jobs to the Woodlands area, I suspect the area is going to become very crowded in the coming years. I'd stay away from there personally..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownSS View Post
I've worked and lived all over this city. Stay off 290. Lived in the Woodlands for 4 years and we couldn't wait yo get out there,very stuffy the years we were there we had zero freinds, your social existence is based off your economic staus. Now if your looking for a laid back environment (magaritaville) you will enjoy the bay area, Clear Lake, Kemah, League City. There is aways something going on every weekend. The schools are rated in the top ten in Texas. Parts of I45 are a pain but there is hope its under a major expansion. Check out this site and you can get a general idea of some of the happings. http://thescenemagazine.com/
agreed with everything!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street King Kid View Post
I live in the Cypress area and Cy-Fair I.S.D. has some great schools (some not so great) but the downside is you have to drive on 290 (closest thing to Hell on Earth).
Lol. Houston traffic is bad! Live close to where you work if at all possible.

Jersey village is ON bw8 and 290. So you don't necessarily have to drive on 290.

I10 west from grand parkway all the way to bw8 is at least as bad as parts of 290. 290 has traffic lights on large sections of it though.
TannerJPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Looks like I will be moving, so a SC V6 Camaro will be prowling the streets around Houston soon
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Looks like I will be moving, so a SC V6 Camaro will be prowling the streets around Houston soon
Oh dayum... we're in trouble now...
Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #28
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
You will love it down in H-town you are a short drive from a few larger cities with lots of stuff to do. Plus you are only a few hours from DFW
As you have been told already check out the HoustonCamaroClub I know if I were closer to the area down there I would be apart of them for sure.

mark FEST5 on your calender its right there in H-town hope to see you there.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote