Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
I need an Alarm! Which one though?

Does anyone have any suggestions on which alarm to go with. I have a lot of aftermarket parts on this car and obviously i want to protect my baby.

I want something that will scream to me a block away if someone touches the car!!

Any suggestions?
10 Camaro: Built 376, LSA Heads, BTR valve train and Stage III Camshaft. F1A 12 Rib-3.75 pulley (17psi), Squash Dual Fuel System with Return (Dual Walbro 450LPH on a Hobbs Switch), Aeromotive regulator, Holley Fuel Rails, ID1300's. RMVB 4L80, 4K Stall, and Trans-brake. 9" IRS, 3.50 gears with a full spool
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
BriCo84

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT w/RS
I'm also trying to decide on an alarm. Too many stories of people's cars getting keyed and vandalized. I'm thinking at the very least something with a bump or motion/proximity sensor. I'd rather be THAT guy with a really annoying alarm, then the guy who just walked out of the store and sees his cars been keyed...
BriCo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
viper is the most popular out for years. I had viper on all of my cars. get the top of the line viper
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Yup - I really like my Viper alarm, with paging
Motion detector, interior sound detector, backup battery...
You'll have to carry another FOB though...no big deal for me.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
BriCo84

Does anyone know if there is an alarm that integrates into the camaro system? (i.e. adding shocks sensors to the stock alarm, or motion sensors, so we don't have to put in an entire new viper or clifford alarm systems)
Old 06-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
there is nothing that will ADD into the stock system.

Viper is ok, product is pretty reliable most of the time, have had some issues with them tho.

Look into Compustar. they are one of the best on the market right now. killer fetaures. Autopage is another that is doing pretty good these days. just stay away from their rechargable remotes.
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
RedRamen

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS
It's sad that these systems are even required... Why key or vandalize someone's car like that. But yes, I've had a viper system before and it was fine to me =P
RedRamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Does anyone know of a good place to buy a viper alarm?
10 Camaro: Built 376, LSA Heads, BTR valve train and Stage III Camshaft. F1A 12 Rib-3.75 pulley (17psi), Squash Dual Fuel System with Return (Dual Walbro 450LPH on a Hobbs Switch), Aeromotive regulator, Holley Fuel Rails, ID1300's. RMVB 4L80, 4K Stall, and Trans-brake. 9" IRS, 3.50 gears with a full spool
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
Does anyone know of a good place to buy a viper alarm?
All Best Buys will install for cheap and in our area do a good job and know their stuff.
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:36 AM   #10
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriCo84 View Post
Does anyone know if there is an alarm that integrates into the camaro system? (i.e. adding shocks sensors to the stock alarm, or motion sensors, so we don't have to put in an entire new viper or clifford alarm systems)
A few months ago I heard that Viper was coming out with one. I need an alarm too. However, I'll wait until a system is available that integrates with the GM LAN and security rather than attempting to bypass it. As of my last check there were no acceptable solutions, just hacks to the existing security and wiring harness.

Dave
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Yup - I really like my Viper alarm, with paging
Motion detector, interior sound detector, backup battery...
You'll have to carry another FOB though...no big deal for me.
With the new module that Viper came out with you can integrate the arm disarm into your factory fob so you wont need to carry a second one unless you wanted 2 way communication. It all wires into the cars lan system and uses all the factory triggers, even onstar can turn it on and off if you lock your keys in the car.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
A few months ago I heard that Viper was coming out with one. I need an alarm too. However, I'll wait until a system is available that integrates with the GM LAN and security rather than attempting to bypass it. As of my last check there were no acceptable solutions, just hacks to the existing security and wiring harness.

Dave
Nothing will ever be a direct plug and play, it would cost way to much and not enough demand for it when you think about having to make it for every car, but with the new module it is the closest you will get.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
BriCo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauchpete View Post
With the new module that Viper came out with you can integrate the arm disarm into your factory fob so you wont need to carry a second one unless you wanted 2 way communication. It all wires into the cars lan system and uses all the factory triggers, even onstar can turn it on and off if you lock your keys in the car.
What module is everyone talking about? I can't get any info from viper. there is no email address or phone number on the website so it is impossible to get ahold of them. I would really like to not have to carry an extra FOB so this sounds like a good option for me. Someone please direct me to this module thing.

Also, does it still allow remote start?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
All Best Buys will install for cheap and in our area do a good job and know their stuff.
You must have the only good Best Buy, my shop fixes there screw-ups all the time, they love to zip tie shock sensors to wiring harnesses, use crimp caps instead of soldering connections. Here is a picture of what they do, I mean I cant speak for all Best Buys but why go to a big box store for something specialized like a remote start, when it is mostlikely some highschool drop out working on your car.

That was a picture from one of my shops that fell out from under a dash, notice all the crimpcaps and T-Taps, not to include the melted wire and fuse holder.