Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 01-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #43
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
What does All Star charge for the tear down and rebuild? And approximately how long does the entire process take? Trying to figure out how long my car will be down for? Thanks

As far as pricing goes, it is 180 dollars down. Then the rebuild kits are 55 dollars for the fronts 39 dollars for the rears. I wanted stainless braided lines and Motul brake fluid so with my particular setup it was a little more. If you choose to go with your existing brake lines since you have an SS and use less expensive brake fluid it will obviously be less. The rebuild kits for my calipers didn't arrive till late in the day so I will probably having them installed tomorrow hopefully. As far as downtime is concerned: 1 day for All Star to do dismantle the calipers, 2-3 days for powder coating and 1 day for install provided that they don't have to order parts. My suggestion is to make sure you have every single part before undertaking this and this includes getting the caliper decals from ebay or amazon to ensure a smooth transition from one step to the next. I'll give you the full break down on pricing when I have mine installed hopefully tomorrow. The other thing is, I have a V6 and the SS calipers wont fit the rears unless you trim the dust shields, and the stock brake lines arent long enough either, (thats why I upgraded the brake lines) so doing the conversion from a V6 is more expensive.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #44
NeedSpeed

Drives: New Camaro
Looks Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Update. Okay, so I got the calipers back from Young Gun today and they look fantastic. Now to give them back to All Star and have them rebuild it, install it and then I'll take the final pics when they're actually on my vehicle.
NeedSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:25 PM   #45
pinoyscorpion951

Upgrade Complete

So I finally got my brakes installed today and couldn't be happier. They look much better and perform much better than I had anticipated and blend in well with the color scheme of my vehicle. I'm glad I changed my mind and chose red rather than yellow. Armen at All Star Auto Center was a joy to interact with and even did a courtesy drive with me after the install to go over the nuances of properly breaking the pads and rotors in as well as ensuring everything was performing as it should. If you are located in the I.E., I highly recommend going this route. If you have a V6 and are on the fence about doing the upgrade, just do it. You won't be sorry. The great part is you won't have any downtime because you can continue driving your vehicle until everything is ready for install. If you have a V8, and want to powder coat your existing calipers, be prepared for between 5-7 business days of downtime. It CAN be quicker if you get your own rebuild kit for your brakes and if you drop off your calipers personally to Sam at YoungGun Performance Coatings right when he opens. When I spoke with him yesterday he said he could do a rush job where he powder coats the brakes in the morning and has them ready by the end of the day. Best case scenario is to buy your own rebuild kit to have on hand. Have Armen tear down the brakes on day one and then bring them over to YoungGun the next day when they open for a 1 day rush job. Then take the powder coated calipers to All Star and have them rebuilt the next day and then install the following day. Total down time: 4 days. Just keep in mind, that at All Star, its FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, so get there right when they open. I put some pictures up post-install and included a picture of a strut tower brace that YoungGun powder coated as well. If anyone want's info on pricing, its really dependent on what you want as far brake fluid, and if you want upgraded lines and such. Please feel free to PM me and I can give you a rough estimate of cost with regards to what you want done. I can almost guarantee that you won't find anyone that does it better or more economically than All Star and YoungGun. This is a winning collaboration! Sam and Armen are awesome!
Attached Images

Last edited by pinoyscorpion951; 01-29-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #46
Allstarauto

Drives: M813, GS350 F, Suburban, 15 STI
Glad you liked it pinoyscorpion951! I'm also glad I finally got on this forum to see your guys' cars and photos. First of all I'd like to thank you guys for your business, we've enjoyed working on your cars, just like us you guys have passion for your cars and its obvious! I also want to take the time to apologize to Jenner for taking a long time to get the calipers dropped off, we normally don't do that and I know it was an inconvenience for you to drop it off, but if you knew what I was going through that week you'd understand. lol This type of work is very tedious because you want a perfect job when its done and we take care of every caliper piece as if it was handed down by God to us! NO joke! I think doing this upgrade is the greatest upgrade you could do on a V6 Camaro, because its direct bolt on and at the same time makes the car look bitchin, just like in Pinoy's case. his car wont fade as easy in extreme braking and look how awesome it looks! If you guys have any questions please feel free to call my shop with questions 909-581-0252, I can't imagine being disappointed with this job. Please keep in mind, we'll try our asses off fitting it in to your schedule, but at the same time understand the down time for a job like completely disassembling all four calipers, reassembling them and then installing it to your vehicle with care. We truly enjoy working on your guys' vehicles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
So I finally got my brakes installed today and couldn't be happier. They look much better and perform much better than I had anticipated and blend in well with the color scheme of my vehicle. I'm glad I changed my mind and chose red rather than yellow. Armen at All Star Auto Center was a joy to interact with and even did a courtesy drive with me after the install to go over the nuances of properly breaking the pads and rotors in as well as insuring everything was performing as it should. If you are located in the I.E., I highly recommend going this route. If you have a V6 and are on the fence about doing the upgrade, just do it. You won't be sorry. The great part is you won't have any downtime because you can continue driving your vehicle until everything is ready for install. If you have a V8, and want to powder coat your existing calipers, be prepared for between 5-7 business days of downtime. It CAN be quicker if you get your own rebuild kit for your brakes and if you drop off your calipers personally to Sam at YoungGun Performance Coatings right when he opens. When I spoke with him yesterday he said he could do a rush job where he powder coats the brakes in the morning and has them ready by the end of the day. Best case scenario is to buy your own rebuild kit to have on hand. Have Armen tear down the brakes on day one and then bring them over to YoungGun the next day when they open for a 1 day rush job. Then take the powder coated calipers to All Star and have them rebuilt the next day and then install the following day. Total down time: 4 days. Just keep in mind, that at All Star, its FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, so get there right when they open. I put some pictures up post-install and included a picture of a strut tower brace that YoungGun powder coated as well. If anyone want's info on pricing, its really dependent on what you want as far brake fluid, and if you want upgraded lines and such. Please feel free to PM me and I can give you a rough estimate of cost with regards to what you want done. I can almost guarantee that you won't find anyone that does it better or more economically than All Star and YoungGun. This is a winning collaboration! Sam and Armen are awesome!
Allstarauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #47
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
So are u guys taking the calipers off yourself and then taking it to All Star for the break down or just dropping off the car and have All Star do everything?
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #48
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
So are u guys taking the calipers off yourself and then taking it to All Star for the break down or just dropping off the car and have All Star do everything?
I have a V6 so for my situation, I purchased a set of take off SS calipers, rotors and pads from another member that only had 1000 miles on them. I then took them to All Star for the tear down and upon completion of the tear down, drove them a few blocks away to YoungGun for powder coating. I see you have a V8, so in your case, since it involves your existing brakes, it would be necessary to have All Star facilitate everything. If you can and have a second vehicle or a buddy to drive you, I would personally drive those calipers to and from YoungGun myself. It would make the transition from one step to the next a lot smoother and eliminate down time.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #49
Allstarauto

I think we could get everything done in about 3 to 4 days if you were to bring the car in. and that's 3to 4 weekdays. If you have the brake lines ready or any parts ready (rotors/pads), this would make the transition way smoother. I can get the rebuild kits the next day same with the pads, sometimes in the same day if I order in the morning, but this is irrelevant cuz young guns needs the calipers for 2 days realistically. When Jenner brought his car down I was remodeling a house and a whole bunch of other stuff. If you're not local I guess I could run the calipers down to powder coat. But remember the down time on the rack has its cost too, I will be fare as always.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #50
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstarauto View Post
I think we could get everything done in about 3 to 4 days if you were to bring the car in. and that's 3to 4 weekdays. If you have the brake lines ready or any parts ready (rotors/pads), this would make the transition way smoother. I can get the rebuild kits the next day same with the pads, sometimes in the same day if I order in the morning, but this is irrelevant cuz young guns needs the calipers for 2 days realistically. When Jenner brought his car down I was remodeling a house and a whole bunch of other stuff. If you're not local I guess I could run the calipers down to powder coat. But remember the down time on the rack has its cost too, I will be fare as always.
There you have it. Straight from Armen himself. Just as an update, I had a chance to do the 30-50 mile break in period yesterday since i was running errands till about 9pm at night and this morning driving around town, I can really feel the increased braking performance. I'm really impressed at how well the stock Brembo pads bite. No noise so far. I had to stop by Home Depot this morning to pick up a socket wrench extension because I'm installing a black spoiler to replace my existing yellow one and when I came out to get back to my car, I had a small crowd of employees and customers looking at Armen and Sam's handiwork. I should have taken a picture with my cell phone!

Last edited by pinoyscorpion951; 01-30-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #51
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Yea, I'm not local. I do have a second car but my only problem would be getting picked up and dropped off at All Star since I live down in SD county. I think my best option is to remove the calipers myself and drive them up to All Star, wait for the tear down and drive them over for powder coating.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:55 PM   #52
Allstarauto

Hey 760bowtie why don't you ship them to me I can drop them off to young guns powder coating and I can get the rebuild kits put them back together and then you can drive up here and we can install them. Unless you have an SS and can't drive the car here. the other option would be buy a set of calipers have them built and then sell your old ones! that way you don't have any down time. sounds ridiculous but I'd rather go that route, than have down time. something to think about

Quote:
Yea, I'm not local. I do have a second car but my only problem would be getting picked up and dropped off at All Star since I live down in SD county. I think my best option is to remove the calipers myself and drive them up to All Star, wait for the tear down and drive them over for powder coating.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:58 PM   #53
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstarauto View Post
Glad you liked it pinoyscorpion951! I'm also glad I finally got on this forum to see your guys' cars and photos. First of all I'd like to thank you guys for your business, we've enjoyed working on your cars, just like us you guys have passion for your cars and its obvious! I also want to take the time to apologize to Jenner for taking a long time to get the calipers dropped off, we normally don't do that and I know it was an inconvenience for you to drop it off, but if you knew what I was going through that week you'd understand. lol This type of work is very tedious because you want a perfect job when its done and we take care of every caliper piece as if it was handed down by God to us! NO joke! I think doing this upgrade is the greatest upgrade you could do on a V6 Camaro, because its direct bolt on and at the same time makes the car look bitchin, just like in Pinoy's case. his car wont fade as easy in extreme braking and look how awesome it looks! If you guys have any questions please feel free to call my shop with questions 909-581-0252, I can't imagine being disappointed with this job. Please keep in mind, we'll try our asses off fitting it in to your schedule, but at the same time understand the down time for a job like completely disassembling all four calipers, reassembling them and then installing it to your vehicle with care. We truly enjoy working on your guys' vehicles!
Yeah, it was an inconvenience and I was kinda bummed,but I was happy with how they turned out. Thanks for the apology!
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #54
NeedSpeed

The Red looks good!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #55
NeedSpeed

Brakes still look like new the day I put them on and work Great! These guys did a great Job!