Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
VVXXXVV

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
2010 camaro warranty replaced items from wear and tear?

So I was wondering if Anyone has had common items replaced on their 2010 camaro ss due to wear and tear?I had a Mazda rx8 I bought and remember the paperwork said the guy went in and had the dealer replace things like shifter knob that faded etc under warranty.
VVXXXVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I have a friend who had his camaros seat replaced because the seem split.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
depends on the item really...

if it's your clutch, they WILL NOT replace it unless they think the driver wasn't the issue. on the POS 2011 mazda 3 i had before my camaro, the clutch disk warped slightly over time. i am not hard on clutches and was shocked when i realized that my clutch was starting to feel similar to warped brake rotors, which the car also had. the warped clutch was jussst barely noticeable to me, so it never got fixed before we traded it in.

also, warped brake rotors can be tricky to get replaced under warranty. after arguing that the (tiny) brake rotors should not warp on a car that's just under a year old, the dealership's employees were all saying they warp every 6 months like clockwork (mine lasted 11) and it's normal. they believed my when i told them i have always gone easy on the brakes, as mine made it 5 months longer than average. i ended up getting the rotors resurfaced for free that time, but they assured me i'd be back in another 6 months with the same problem. they even told me the only solution for this is to void the warranty with aftermarket rotors. this car NEEDED that warranty. lol

the car also had a handful of other issues including AC and occasional "crunching" sounds coming from the engine.
that's when i decided i could not keep that car. i took a 5k hit on the car's value on the trade-in and now i drive a MUCH higher quality vehicle. totally worth it.

sorry for the rant, getting back on topic, i believe they should replace most "wear" items as long as it's not a driver error/abuse issue. it heavily depends on your dealership though.
POS 2011 Mazda 3 - traded in for camaro
2001 Ford F-150 - traded in for mazda
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
VVXXXVV

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
My drivers side seat has some wear and crinkles in the bottom of the leather it's not as tight lookin as the passenger side. My wife has an 06 Mazda 3 it's been perfect for a few years
VVXXXVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVXXXVV View Post
So I was wondering if Anyone has had common items replaced on their 2010 camaro ss due to wear and tear?I had a Mazda rx8 I bought and remember the paperwork said the guy went in and had the dealer replace things like shifter knob that faded etc under warranty.
The bumper to bumper limited warranty covers defects related to materials and/or workmanship. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I just had entire drivers seat replaced in my 2010 traverse at 35k miles. Bolster was shot and fabric was worn on entry side. It's because my wife is small and has to kinda slide up into the seat. They still replaced under warranty last Friday.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote