Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #99
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
Just took GM survey at: http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insidestory/ and place the following in the comments section:

MAKE ALL 2SS TRIM FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH CLOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE ALL 2SS TRIM FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH CLOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ and the Survey May have been a waste of time, at least I attempted to do something about it.

your original premise about leather is flawed, it may be hot in the sun but it doesnt crack or peel.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #100
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hopefully the sill plates can be dealer installed on a 2LT...
Old 10-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #101
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
your original premise about leather is flawed, it may be hot in the sun but it doesnt crack or peel.

Then what does it do when it gets old? Educate me. I have seen cars with what looks like leather with cracks and holes.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #102
headpunter

Quote:
Then what does it do when it gets old? Educate me. I have seen cars with what looks like leather with cracks and holes.
once or twice a year you you put a conditioner on and it will last forever. but i also think that most of the cars you saw with cracked seat coverings were vinyl. because in my experience leather lasts very well.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #103
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
Since heated seats are mandatory with certain options and are nice for those with winter weather, why no COOLED seats for the other half of the country –the South? Wondering if it has something to do with the War Between the States….

air conditioned seats in San Antonio where it's 98 everyday of summer would be BAD @SS!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #104
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

air conditioned seats in San Antonio where it's 98 everyday of summer would be BAD @SS!
that requires alot of extra air ducts and perforated leather seats....id take it though.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #105
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Maybe it will be when the prices are known
Hey now, lets not talk like that! That being said I do hope this is a borderline "luxury car", which would put it like 1 notch below a CTS in terms of comfort and extra commodities that arent entirely necessary but hey, if they call the Camaro a luxury car that is fine by me, as long as it does not come with a luxury-sized price tag.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #106
Alamo
DyinWaitinInLine4Min

Drives: Volvo V70 XC 2005, 1998 ML 320
Send a message via AIM to Alamo
The bottom line is Chevy needs to move BIG units in this market w/the economy the way it is. I'm sure those of us in the front of the line will pay to have the first Camaro on the block, but I can't imagine they'll price themselves too far away from a Mustang, it just won't make any sense. They've seen the debacle with the Challenger...
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 AM   #107
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
The cracking you see in leather is from the dyes applied to it from the factory and is fixed very easily with products like leatherique, etc...
Cheaper cars it's vinyl and can't be fixed (but why would you).

As headpunter said, since you'll be the original owner, if you apply conditioner/oil yearly/bi-yearly (not that often), then it will last forever

However, with that said, if you prefer cloth there's still the additional weight issue of leather (albeit dwarfed by the issue of having airbag weight) - I'm sure with forums like this you could trade w/ someone who orders a 1SS who wants leather
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #108
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
... as long as it does not come with a luxury-sized price tag.
Another take on Camaro pricing: Congress just voted $25 billion of your tax dollars as a “gift” to the auto companies. Whatever GM sets as the Camaro price should be reduced by your share of the $25,000,000,000 when it's purchase time.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #109
swifttal

Quote:
Another take on Camaro pricing: Congress just voted $25 billion of your tax dollars as a “gift” to the auto companies. Whatever GM sets as the Camaro price should be reduced by your share of the $25,000,000,000 when it's purchase time.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #110
headpunter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
that was a loan to cover research for gas saving tech. so its not exactly a gift.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 AM   #111
swifttal

Quote:
that was a loan to cover research for gas saving tech. so its not exactly a gift.
Whatever, there's still 9 zeros after the 25, and it's still coming from my tax dollars when both of these factors shouldn't have happened to start with
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 AM   #112
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
I wouldn't bet on it not becoming a gift. Regardless, I'm not the auto company's banker. GM’s chairman is paid millions in salary and he’s coming to me for a loan or gift, and then maybe sticking me with an overpriced product.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote