Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Kevlo79

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS LS3
Blade Spoiler with Rally Stripes?

So, my 45th 2SS was rear ended a couple weeks ago ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240975 ) and it turns out that the spoiler that was on it is no longer in production by GM. So they're putting on the Blade spoiler (awesome!). I'm just wondering if anyone has the blade spoiler with GM vinyl stripes and could post some pics.

On the old spoiler the stripes stopped just before the top edge of the spoiler but on the blade that same length would only go about halfway up. Just want to take a look and see if the stripe kits have been lengthened to account for the taller spoiler.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Driving a 10 sec. honda is like coming out of the closet. Sure at first you'll surprise a few people but everyone could see you were gay all along.
Kevlo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
No stripes made that I know of, but havent checked everywhere. To match the matte gm stripes that 3m makes but few can carry is hard. I talked to my installer and best way is to find the deck stripes, maybe a unused set and cut them to the size needed.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Kevlo79

That's sort of what I was afraid. Since the work is being done due to being rear ended and this new spoiler is in the picture due to the fact that GM doesn't make the old one anymore (I'm not complaining) I'm going to try to get the guys doing the work (at the dealership's collision center where I bought the car) to make this work. Even so, it looks like the angle of the Blade would really need a custom cut of vinyl....

I'm still hoping someone else may have gone down this road, I think it would look sexy with the stripes climbing up to the edge of the blade!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Driving a 10 sec. honda is like coming out of the closet. Sure at first you'll surprise a few people but everyone could see you were gay all along.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Same problem on the angles. If I go blade, he wants to see it to tell what can or cant be done. I said I want the stripes and not buying the spoiler if you cant add the stripes. Kind of a catch 22 situation.And not painting the whole striping either so no spoiler for now
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Kevlo79

That's frustrating. I don't get what's so hard for these guys about getting different patterns. If the dealership can't do it I'll probably ask for a deduct on the repair bill (to put in my pocket) and I'll take it to an installer here who's done custom cuts before. All it would be is a simple angle......

I agree with you on the paint bit, too expensive and too permanent! It does look sharp though..

If anyone's had it done it would be great to see some pics to show the collision center or custom guys if necessary!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Old 08-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Wasn't the spoiler on your 45th the same as every other stock Camaro coupe spoiler?
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Kevlo79

Yep, but according to the folks at the collision center doing the repair work (the same dealership where I bought the car) GM doesn't make that spoiler anymore. Apparently there was some kind of problem with it causing paint chips?? I don't know, but they're putting the blade on in any case! One way or the other I'll get the stripes up to the top edge like before and I'll have the better spoiler (IMO) at the end of the day and it's all good!!

Just trying to see if anyone else has done it so I can take a pic in to show these guys what the goal is!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Kevlo79

So, the collision center is not able to do the stripes. They went out to a custom shop that they work with and those guys told them that they can't match the color. So, now the question is:

Does anyone know where I can get the matte silver stripes (as on the 45th AE)? I want them to match the GM stripes exactly. If so please provide contact info!!

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote:

Last edited by Kevlo79; 08-23-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Kevlo79

ttt

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Quote: