Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2017, 07:12 AM   #15
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Really weird I thought I was going to have to drive it a bit as I mentioned to the OP as I just changed the battery as well. Quick drive. Maybe 30 minutes and everything was set after a check with my ob11 scanner. Wondering if your tuned has anything to do with the monitors setting quicker. When I had my v6 it didn't. But I had a Trifecta tune
Old 03-03-2017, 07:34 AM   #16
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguys10SS View Post
Well so far i have been taking it out for some drives and now down to, two not readies EVAP and Catalyst are what's left, i just get weary about the troopers being able to scan my plate number... no inspection ticket is not something what i want to get lol
you can have 1 readiness monitor not ready and still pass. But 2 or more will fail.

evap has something to do with how much gas you have in your fuel tank. it shouldn't take more than a week if you do a variety of driving. seems like mods can cause problems. do you have any?
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #17
Briguys10SS

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Well i got the Catalyst Monitors set now, the EVAP is the last and final one to go. Mods that were installed when i purchased it are Roto-fab CAI, new exhaust front to back, stainless header shorties, the ugly mufflers and resonators were replaced. I happen to have this tuner too... I'm not tuner smart so not sure if there is a tune or not
Briguys10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:42 PM   #18
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Take it to the test station then. Mine passed without the EVAP ready.

As maddoggy wrote above, if only 1 sensor is not ready you will still pass.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #19
Briguys10SS

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post

Went on the NY DMV site, be damned 2001 and newer allowed to have 1 not ready.... well damn lol AND now that it snowed just enough again, crews were out spreading salt wont be going out for some time
Briguys10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #20
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post

Yep 100% correct nys allows for one monitor not being ready in order to pass
Old 03-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #21
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguys10SS View Post
Went on the NY DMV site, be damned 2001 and newer allowed to have 1 not ready.... well damn lol AND now that it snowed just enough again, crews were out spreading salt wont be going out for some time
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Yep 100% correct nys allows for one monitor not being ready in order to pass
It's not the state, it's federal. The EPA mandates and defines the tests.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #22
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I took my battery out and im failing 02 Sensor Heater, Evap System and 02 Sensor......i have LT's, SC, and other mods......any idea how long it will take to clear?
Old 04-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #23
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I took my battery out and im failing 02 Sensor Heater, Evap System and 02 Sensor......i have LT's, SC, and other mods......any idea how long it will take to clear?
I'm guessing when someone put in your LT's they might not have tuned out the rear O2 sensors or correctly accounted for the O2 sensors OR one is going bad. So to answer your question I'd guess never.

OP: I never got mine to all go ready after tanks of gas and following all the mph and coasting and 2/3 throttle etc supposed cycles to go ready. HP tuner can do "testing" to not have those items report not ready. After they were tested to show ready, they were put back to normal and after months they all went ready on their own. There were no apparent problems other than they wouldn't go ready in the 30days like you mentioned.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #24
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post

It varies by car, you just need to keep driving the car, it will eventually get all the monitors ready , some cars it's a few miles , others may take a few hundred. Just drive the car the way you normally would and you will eventually get through the checklist
Old 04-24-2019, 12:10 PM   #25
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Evap takes a while. I had to use my tech2 and even that took 1.5 hours from cold start to shutdown tests:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=627

It takes several cold start cycles at least 8 hours apart for just that test to complete...

-Don
I have 6 of the 7 readiness monitors satisfied ...... all except "evap sys". No codes, DTCs set to stock, oem evap sys intact.

Does this test just require the cold start in the GM drive cycle, 2.5 min of idle with AC and rear defroster on, then Highway Drive it? Or do I have to do the other part with the 50% throttle and 75% throttle for the three and five minute Cycles also then highway drive it before key off?

I've found the "Ambient Air Temp" to be way low and slow to change. Even replaced the sensor twice, but all were fine. The sensor at cold startup can be 20 deg low....which means it won't be within 11 deg of ECT (Coolant temp). Eventually it reads correct or high, but not within the GM drive cycle......UNLESS I leave my car outside overnight with fans on the LSX iron block, remove them and shut the hood & wait for the temps to peak out for the day (around 65-75 currently in Colorado), then do the GM drive cycle.

The coolant temp will warm up much slower than the gradual ambient rise and the test parameter of within 11 deg is satisfied. HP tuners also logs "manifold temp" (which the car does not have..... maybe a calculated parameter) and I have found if this is within 11 deg and a ient is just a few deg off from 11, the tests run.

I also found a thread where a 2012 SS Camaro had a GM dealer troubleshooting the ambient air temp sensor problem and they closed the case by paying him $400 and signing paperwork that he wouldn't pursue the problem.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #26
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Like ZED SLED said, you can pass without EVAP ready, I did that last year. From my experience, I got the catalyst ready with the cold start idle procedure that Scalded Dog describes and less than 5 minutes at 60mph.