Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
If it were a chambered exhaust, id argue with the OP, but the fact that you are paying $400 for a couple of pipes (that granted are made to perfectly fit and come with hangar tabs welded on), a set of polished tips, and some clamps.... i dunno.

I wouldnt spend that amount of money for it.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Price is no reason to boycott something, unless they advertised one thing and gave you another for the advertised price. There are tons of exhaust available you pick the one you can afford or choose to afford and go from there. I think this post is pretty rediculous because all your doing is whining about price. I ordered the ARh headers/exhaust holy cow it was 1800 I must be getting ripped I can get similiar products much cheaper. Oh well thats their price and thats the product i wanted. Oh wait my borla mufflers were $600 and thats just an axle back system, I bet I could get a catback system cheaper from a different company.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Price is no reason to boycott something, unless they advertised one thing and gave you another for the advertised price. There are tons of exhaust available you pick the one you can afford or choose to afford and go from there. I think this post is pretty rediculous because all your doing is whining about price. I ordered the ARh headers/exhaust holy cow it was 1800 I must be getting ripped I can get similiar products much cheaper. Oh well thats their price and thats the product i wanted. Oh wait my borla mufflers were $600 and thats just an axle back system, I bet I could get a catback system cheaper from a different company.
__________________________________________________ ________
Well Said
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
BlueZee28

Drives: 1991 Z28 convertible
Just have a local shop weld up some piping for you instead of bending over for SLP's price. It's gonna sound the same no matter what, and there is no "coolness factor" for paying $300 more than you should have just to have the name "SLP" on your mod list.

LSX Powered

For More Pics Click:
http://www.omnipotent-goku.com/iroc/gallery/album140
BlueZee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #19
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
There are plenty of straight pipe axleback systems out there for other cars like the Mustang that cost just as much. When you buy a part like this, you are paying for support, marketing, insurance, and all the other stuff that comes with being a real business. It's that same reason your Camaro costs like $10K in actual materials, but sells for much more.

But to say your Boycotting SLP...not sure why...just don't buy that one part if you think it is overpriced.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #20
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Yeah i got ripped, but at least my tips look purdy. lol

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
Yeah i got ripped, but at least my tips look purdy. lol
How did you get ripped? Didn't know how much they cost when you bought them.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #22
Red Hot SS

I just paid $450 by buying regular pipes

Finally Home! (6/16)
Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I've installed SLP products on my SS.

Personally, I think they offer a very good product(s). And their customer service is very good as well.

With NO disrespct intended; If you feel their prices are too high, and/or don't prefer their products, there are plenty of other companies to buy from.

Lets not continue down this path of bashing SLP.

If you don't care for what they have to offer, you CAN express your displeasure without making it personal.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #24
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
I just paid $450 by buying regular pipes
If you knew what you were buying and how much it cost, then you didn't get ripped off. Did anybody hold you down and force you to buy them? If you thought it was too much then why did you get them.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #25
sales@spencershids.com

Drives: 2008 silverado, 2006 Impala
Have you guys seen the jobs local muffler shops are doing? Its like bird poop on your exhaust. Granted, there are quality muffler shops out there, but they are going to cost as well. You are paying a premium for a premium product. If you dont want to pay premium, go on eBay and get some junk the local highschool can weld onto your $55,000 car. Is it worth the quality?
sales@spencershids.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
rogue

Drives: 67 CAMARO
guys
if your state allows it cut the factory muffler off. run straight pip with tips out the back end. sounds nasty coming on going as well as at idle. some on this sit has already done itt and posted pics and videos on you tube. it really sounds great and drops weight of the back end. i did it with mine and love it. i can pu that money in something else now. paid 180.00 out the door for it
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #27
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If you don't like the cost-benefit ratio, then don't buy the product. It's rational choice theory. Someone else will probably buy the product, and you're boycott will not work. You can't force a company to lower prices, so I recommend just letting go of the issue and finding a more suitable manufacturer for your needs.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #28
Red Hot SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
If you knew what you were buying and how much it cost, then you didn't get ripped off. Did anybody hold you down and force you to buy them? If you thought it was too much then why did you get them.
To be 100% honest with you I didn't do enough research on the product. I heard the sound clip and asked where do i sign. I did not know there were no mufflers.

That being said I love my exhaust, and I think my tips are the best i've seen on a 'maro. I like SLP, and their products in general. Their customer service is excellent as well. I am not a basher of SLP, I just think in this particular case I was a victim of my own ignorance and got ripped for some mandrel-bent piping.

Finally Home! (6/16)