Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #561
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Hylton!

I am volunteering my services for The Beer Store run...Since we are coming into Canada, any benefit to buying some beer here and taking over? I think the limit is 2 cases and we have 3 cars coming. That will last about 2 hours..
I think someone else mentioned stopping at the boarder (duty free?) to do some shopping. If able to get Canadian beer I say it's all good.

Quote:
One would assume that the funds, donations etc. would be to feed the attending plant workers and not for any other benefit.

At least thats how I budgeted my weekend.

Quote:
Trent,

I have a bottle of Crown XR..

Interested?
ooooo.... If there's any left or Trent isn't interested I'll get in on that

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #562
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Consider the first few hours of beer on me. I will stop at the duty free in the US or Canada and get beer..alot of beer.

My question is..do they have the same beer on the American side as they do on the Canadian side? and if yes or no, can we stop once we clear customs and hit the duty free on the Canadian side?

I will buy 8 cases of beer...is that cool?

Need a list of what you guys want.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #563
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
One more question....I know radar detectors are illegal in Canada but do they really look for them at the border?

Especially one's that are permanently mounted in the car like a K40?
I don't think they check at the border but if the police sees the radar they will take it away and you will lose it forever with a hefty fine. My sister came down from Chicago 2 years ago and was pulled over and they saw the radar ( the Radar wasn't even on) and they confiscated it. So BEWARE.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #564
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Consider the first few hours of beer on me. I will stop at the duty free in the US or Canada and get beer..alot of beer.

My question is..do they have the same beer on the American side as they do on the Canadian side? and if yes or no, can we stop once we clear customs and hit the duty free on the Canadian side?

I think you can only bring 2 cases across the boarder with you so you might have to get some this side. Will 8 cases even fit in the trunk of a Camaro? (boy I feel pretty red-neck just asking that question)

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #565
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
I think you can only bring 2 cases across the boarder with you so you might have to get some this side. Will 8 cases even fit in the trunk of a Camaro? (boy I feel pretty red-neck just asking that question)
Banshee is travelling with 2 other guys. 2 cases of beer each and we are good for 6 cases. Mix it up Tom since we want a bit of variety. Seagrams Honey Brown, Alexander Keiths, corona...
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #566
Hylton

Quote:
Made it to Lansing, MI today...heading out in the AM to finish the drive to Oshawa....this is going to be a great event, hopefully the first of many.

For everyone else traveling, have a safe drive and keep your eyes open if you are going through IL, IN, or MI....watch your speed!

Hilton,
I'll meet up with you Thursday at the hotel. Looks like I am still the only Victory Red showing up....I love to stand out in a crowd...especially with all of the pumpkins around!
Have a safe remainder of your trip Josh. I'll be in around 9:30pm. We Thursday nighters will all have to meet for a beer and get the party started! Right Angelina?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #567
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Trent,

I have a bottle of Crown XR..

Interested?
Do bears shit in the woods?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #568
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:

Duty free on the US side at the Rainbow Bridge sells CANADIAN Labatt Blue @5% alcohol, not the watered down 3.2 we have here in the states. Probably other brands too but I only specifically asked about Labatt when I called earlier this evening.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #569
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Do bears shit in the woods?
Only if there is a philosopher there to observe said bear, confirm there is a bear, ask to himself, "what really is a bear, and why is it called a "bear" Then ponder why bears shit, do they actually shit, and why is it brown. Then ask himself what pleasure does that bear get from shitting in the woods and if he wasn't there would he hear or see it?

OK...One bottle of unopened Crown XR and 8 cases of beer..
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #570
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:

Instead of buying cases, maybe we should try getting a couple kegs in the trunk??? Fold down the back seats... slide em in.... Put one in the front passenger seat... should be able to get three or four in each car... cover em w/ a blanket to get thru customs? That's 9-12 kegs w/ yours, mine, and Dustin's!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #571
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Only if there is a philosopher there to observe said bear, confirm there is a bear, ask to himself, "what really is a bear, and why is it called a "bear" Then ponder why bears shit, do they actually shit, and why is it brown. Then ask himself what pleasure does that bear get from shitting in the woods and if he wasn't there would he hear or see it?

OK...One bottle of unopened Crown XR and 8 cases of beer..

Who knows or cares for that matter. I'm sure they'd smell it and therein lies the proof.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #572
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
One more question....I know radar detectors are illegal in Canada but do they really look for them at the border?

Especially one's that are permanently mounted in the car like a K40?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
I don't think they check at the border but if the police sees the radar they will take it away and you will lose it forever with a hefty fine. My sister came down from Chicago 2 years ago and was pulled over and they saw the radar ( the Radar wasn't even on) and they confiscated it. So BEWARE.
And I think that there are radar detector detectors in use in Ontario.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 AM   #573
Hylton

Quote:
Uhhh - no philosophical talk until we are drunk enough to understand said talk. You're jumping the gun man...
Old 10-01-2009, 06:39 AM   #574
sts103

Drives: 2001 Trans Am
Smile

Hylton,

Donation sent via Paypal.
Hotel booked citing "Amanda" and Camaro5
Planning to arrive by noon Friday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there tomorrow!

Adrian
Still in the 4th Generation...
sts103 is offline   Reply With Quote