Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2017, 02:41 PM   #15
GraySS2011

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray 2SS 6 speed
Just to bring this post full circle: I called my local Autozone and he said to come over it was slow there and they could do a scan. I removed the trickle charger and noticed I was now at 70% rather than the 45% charge. I flicked the key to the right to start it. I saw a new message " Service Parking Assist". So what the heck ! I believe what one poster said here that when the battery gets depleted weird messages show up. Anyway, Autozone scanned the system and no codes showed up. So I am going to leave the trickle charger on the battery even though it is not ready for winter storage. And I'll still drive it once every week or two weeks whatever the weather allows.

Just thought I would share.
GraySS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #16
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySS2011 View Post
Just to bring this post full circle: I called my local Autozone and he said to come over it was slow there and they could do a scan. I removed the trickle charger and noticed I was now at 70% rather than the 45% charge. I flicked the key to the right to start it. I saw a new message " Service Parking Assist". So what the heck ! I believe what one poster said here that when the battery gets depleted weird messages show up. Anyway, Autozone scanned the system and no codes showed up. So I am going to leave the trickle charger on the battery even though it is not ready for winter storage. And I'll still drive it once every week or two weeks whatever the weather allows.

Just thought I would share.

Did they test the battery?

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #17
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySS2011 View Post
Thanks to all who took the time to reply. A little background: the car only has 14,500 miles on it. I suppose anything is possible and a fuel injector could be bad. But with that mileage? I replaced the battery last year with an OEM AC Delco. But, I don't drive the car every day. This time of year in the North east, maybe every two weeks. So it is possible the battery depletes somewhat. I just hooked up my trickle charger to it and it indicated it only had a 45% charge. When it hits 100% I will try it again.

Since the message only appears for a couple of seconds and does not remain on the DIC, I am pretty sure there is no code in system. I might take it to Auotzone to let them scan it. I heard they do it for free.

For the hell of it, can someone just try this start technique: just flick the ignition key to the right and release it? It is a proper way to start it. Won't hurt anything. Then respond back and let me know if you see the same message I see?

Thank you,

Bob

Your in the same boat I am , I don't drive it every day, I am in the north east as well. The battery will even start to discharge even when less than a year old. Happened to me.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #18
muffins4all

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
How did you find out it was a bad injector?
Initial problem was an engine misfire. Engine light on with service stabilitrak. Took it to the dealer where I bought it, they ran a compression test and it passed. So they started swapping injectors until they found a bad one.
muffins4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #19
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins4all View Post
Initial problem was an engine misfire. Engine light on with service stabilitrak. Took it to the dealer where I bought it, they ran a compression test and it passed. So they started swapping injectors until they found a bad one.
Good to know. Thanks for the reply.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:59 PM   #20
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
I just recently had the same exact problem you're having: "Service Stabilitrak" message on startup, and only on startup. I did research and found this thread to be the most helpful: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136845

A couple people mentioned leaving the key in 'On' position and letting the system go through its paces and waiting for all the lights to turn off before starting, so I tried that first (Prior to this I always jumped in and started the car right away). To my surprise, it worked... but not for very long.

After that solution stopped working, I was confused but decided to try the solution of holding the key in start position until the car starts completely rather than just flicking the key into start. So far this is working and I have not gotten the "Service Stabilitrak" message since *knock on wood*.
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #21
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
About 4-6 months ago, while driving to work, my car lit up like a Christmas tree. SST, antiskid, etc, etc.. The steering (electric) got heavy too. I spun it around and dropped it off at the dealer right away. They checked it out and loaded up a new software BCM load. No help. They checked/cleaned all battery cables, ground, battery charge. The battery was only a few months old, a Duralast Platinum AGM. The messages finally went away after the cable checking/cleaning. The dealer didn’t charge me. No problems since.

My 2014 Sierra lights up the warnings upon every startup. My 09 did the same thing. They always extinguished in seconds. That seems to be normal as other truck owners on the GM truck forum where I’m a moderator have said their trucks do the same.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #22
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
I had this problem after replacing a faulty maf sensor. This was after erasing volatile memory in the CPU and after 30 min, reconnecting the battery. Starting up the car, letting it idle for a few minutes. Then it came on. I pressed the traction control button, and it went away. never returned. the vehicle runs great now. I found some air leaks in the intake and the intake from the filter. bank1, bank 2 too lean. Replaced MAf.
Not sure that that will on other vehicles.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #23
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
I had been having this issue where it came on during start up. I had to get a new battery yesterday so fingers crossed that fixed it.
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #24
jcaligood

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
I've had 2 5th gen Camaros and I've have service stabilitrak lights along with other warning lights on both of them, both times the culprit was a bad battery. They normally start acting up when it gets cold outside. Most likely a battery issue.

Keep us updated and let us know what you find out about the battery!
jcaligood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #25
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Okay, here's what MINE just started doing... it's got me stumped.

Early this morning, my "Service Stabilitrak" message, and all of the other dash lights mentioned my others illuminated, seemingly without reason. I've been monkeying with it since (and trying suggestions from this timely thread).

Here's the weird part: Sometimes, when I start the car, the lights are not activated... the dash is beautifully "normal." When I begin to drive, a thunk/ thud/ slap sound begins, and seems to correspond with wheel speed (not engine/ transmission speed). It's pretty loud. The first couple of times I heard it, I stopped, got out to see if I had run over something, or maybe the the tread on one tire had come off like a bad retread. However, there is nothing visibly out of place.

I can then resume driving, and the thunk/ thud/ slap sound continues... until at some point, at the exact same moment that the sound stops, the "service Stabilitrak" and lights all come on.

When the thud is happening, no warning lights. The instant that the warning lights illuminate, the thud stops... the car is quiet and smooth.

Anybody got ideas on what the hell is going on... how these two issues correspond, as they clearly do?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #26
johncgg

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Light came on today

This exact same thing happened to me today. Funny ABS sounding racket corresponding to the wheel speed. Strange ABS engagement on dry pavement at low speed shortly after starting to drive. No lights. When the ABS/Stabilitrak/Traction control lights all came on the noise stopped. New battery in the fall. Daily driver with 160,000 miles 2LT I will be looking under the hood at electrical connections in the morning.

Thanks in advance.
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net

Maple Park, IL
johncgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #27
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Take it to the dealer. They'll check the BCM codes and take the guesswork out. The Engine code readers wont tell you much about stabilitrak issues.

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote