Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #1359
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
With me being down the road from you, can't believe we've never spotted each other??
No kidding! I'd know if I had seen a ZL575! (actually I have, but it was at Sterling Chevrolet, not on the road ) I'm in Ashburn (Belmont area). Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIRONMAN View Post
Hey Raf. Yes! Finally got my calipers back from Mike@thepowdercoater.com a couple weeks ago. Thanks again for the recommendation. They turned out great.
I'm considering doing that too. Does he do a core charge / swap or do you have to send yours in to get them powder coated?

Quote:
It would be great to get a Nothern VA crew or Loudoun crew to settle on a Friday night to meet at the Chick-fil-a cruse in on Friday nights. I haven't been to any this year. They had great turn outs last summer but no 5th gens other than mine on the couple of nights I went. Anyone interested?
Very interested! I went down to the BK in Manassas last summer and I was the ONLY 5th gen there. Seems like most of the local cruise-ins in this area that 5th gens visit are too far away for me to get to easily.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #1360
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
[QUOTE=Viral;3337134]No kidding! I'd know if I had seen a ZL575! (actually I have, but it was at Sterling Chevrolet, not on the road ) I'm in Ashburn (Belmont area). Where do you live?

Cascades.... Ever go to Chick-fil-a cruise-in on Friday afternoons/evenings? So far this year, have only been once.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #1361
Viral

No, not yet. But if I knew there were a group of C5 members going, I'd definitely try to make it over there. I'd love to meet some of you guys. You're talking about the Chick-fil-a in herndon/reston by the Y, correct?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #1362
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
No, not yet. But if I knew there were a group of C5 members going, I'd definitely try to make it over there. I'd love to meet some of you guys. You're talking about the Chick-fil-a in herndon/reston by the Y, correct?
No... the one in Sterling in front of Lowes.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #1363
Viral

Oh! I didn't even know there was a meet up there! Are there usually 5th gens there? Much more convenient
Old 06-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #1364
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
IM at bk all the time i was there this last sat at around 730 8 pm there was one other 5th gen i dunno if he was on the site i forgot to ask but he had a RJT SS.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #1365
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Saw a black one on 123 today on my way to school near 7100. Exchanged waves, I was in my Trans Am.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #1366
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIRONMAN View Post
Hey Raf. Yes! Finally got my calipers back from Mike@thepowdercoater.com a couple weeks ago. Thanks again for the recommendation. They turned out great.

It would be great to get a Nothern VA crew or Loudoun crew to settle on a Friday night to meet at the Chick-fil-a cruse in on Friday nights. I haven't been to any this year. They had great turn outs last summer but no 5th gens other than mine on the couple of nights I went. Anyone interested?

Glad they turned out ok. They look nice against the grey. I am super happy with mine. Very easy to clean and look great. And I discovered how they look when spinning when I had it on the dyno. Never seen the damn wheels spin before that! I love how you can read the 'Brembo' through the white spokes.

Definitely interested in the Friday night Chick-fil-a. A neighbor of mine goes and so does a co-worker. Let's pick a night! I can do most any Friday, probably by six or seven so I can pick up the wife and give the car a once over. I got a couple more upgrades myself!

Last edited by Rafsanjani; 06-14-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Rafsanjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #1367
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Quote:
I'm considering doing that too. Does he do a core charge / swap or do you have to send yours in to get them powder coated?

Very interested! I went down to the BK in Manassas last summer and I was the ONLY 5th gen there. Seems like most of the local cruise-ins in this area that 5th gens visit are too far away for me to get to easily.
When I did mine he would do either way. I had bought a spare set off a camaro5.com member that had taken them off as soon as he got the car home. Looked new day one! Sent them to Mike, got them back and had the local shop slap them on. Sold my originals to a co-worker with a six cylinder gen5 for the cost of labor. Win-win!

See earlier post, I'm interested in doing a couple Chik-fil-a nights as well. It would be cool to have a Camaro5 section and it is a nice quick drive there and back. It's even on the way home for an early drop in.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #1368
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Almost forgot, spotted 'DBL SS' on Route 7 East bound this morning. Ground FX, looked Black with White stripes from my angle. Couldn't get closer before I turned off for Starbucks. And on Monday, all white on Route 7 eastbound at the River Creek interchange. Driving like they stole it, didn't catch up. Love this car in Black or White!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #1369
NCIRONMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
No kidding! I'd know if I had seen a ZL575! (actually I have, but it was at Sterling Chevrolet, not on the road ) I'm in Ashburn (Belmont area). Where do you live?

I did the core exchange. I put down a $350 core deposit, then paid him $300 for the powder coat and $30 for shipping. I got my deposit back almost immediately after sending him my cores. If you're even thinking about it, go to his thread and add your name to the list. I waited about two months and the list was much shorter at that point.

I can't make it to the cruise-in this Friday but can and will plan to the following Friday (24th). Last year when I went, I didn't see any other 5th gens. There were a lot of classics of all makes, a big Corvette group, quite a few GTO's, a viper group, a pretty big ricer group, and mustangs. It's an impressive turn out on nice nights.
NCIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #1370
NCIRONMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafsanjani View Post
Glad they turned out ok. They look nice against the grey. I am super happy with mine. Very easy to clean and look great. And I discovered how they look when spinning when I had it on the dyno. Never seen the damn wheels spin before that! I love how you can read the 'Brembo' through the white spokes.

Definitely interested in the Friday night Chick-fil-a. A neighbor of mine goes and so does a co-worker. Let's pick a night! I can do most any Friday, probably by six or seven so I can pick up the wife and give the car a once over. I got a couple more upgrades myself!
Can't wait to see what you've done. Still loving your cutouts. Best exhaust note I've heard on a 5th gen. Pretty sure that's going to be my next mod. I'm really liking the noweeds system. Nice and clean, sounds ridiculous.
NCIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #1371
Viral

Yeah core charge would be the only way I could swing it since it's my DD (unless I could find a set for sale too). I'll go check out his waiting list thread. I could probably do most Fridays with a bit of notice to tell the wife and kids, but isn't the 24th right in the middle of the Camaro nationals up in Fredrick? Anyone from this area planning on going there? I think I'm gonna head up there.

Oh and back on topic, saw a synergy green LS on route 7 headed into Leesburg at 3:45 today.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #1372
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
heading to the dealership today (Royal Chevrolet in Richmond)... saw my first Rally Yellow convertible, spotted a Silver SS (both heading west on 64), and an IOM in a parking lot. That's more Camaros on the road than I've seen around here in a long time...
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote