Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
Eduk8r

Drives: Blue 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I had a Dodge salesman tell me the Camaro was overpriced. Hard to believe I heard that when I was looking right at an SRT8 with a $52K sticker in it. He just rambled on about how rare they are and the Camaro is no good. Totally arogant and condiscending to me. I couldn't believe his attitude. I kept thinking how I'd like to beat this guy to a pulp.
I think that included the market adj. Highest I have seen was 45,000. Go to their site add every option and you can't get to 52,000.
Eduk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #16
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Tom Matson Dodge in Auburn is where I saw it. They had a $6200 mark up. Doesn't really matter though, by the numbers I'm seeing they are selling only a fraction of the amount of Challenger's as Camaro's. A limited supply of Challengers only hurts Dodge. They need money, and if they could sell more at a lower price it would be better for them. But who cares, with salesmen like this who's going to buy from them? The Camaro is the way to go. Better looks, better value, and a great performer.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #17
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
At a recent car show I had two identical blue R/T Challengers parked next to my summit white 2SS/RS Camaro. Crowds were around my Camaro all day and NOBODY was looking at those huge slabsided Challengers.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #18
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
At a recent car show I had two identical blue R/T Challengers parked next to my summit white 2SS/RS Camaro. Crowds were around my Camaro all day and NOBODY was looking at those huge slabsided Challengers.
I agree about the Challenger I like the front grill but the side looks horrible , so butt ugly , some really poor taste went into that design part
Old 09-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #19
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
I agree about the Challenger I like the front grill but the side looks horrible , so butt ugly , some really poor taste went into that design part
To each his own. I feel that way about the Camaro. Looks really great from the front, but the side view is ugly and in some areas downright silly...such as the ridiculous fake 'gills' behind the door.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
lol to each his own dursin...I had several friends actually point those "gills" out and they all complimented on them.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #21
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
To each his own. I feel that way about the Camaro. Looks really great from the front, but the side view is ugly and in some areas downright silly...such as the ridiculous fake 'gills' behind the door.
The side gills break up the space and add a retro
look to the side of the car. Something the Challenger needs badly.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
2010SSRSIO
RSSSIOM

Drives: 2010 RS SS Inferno Orange
I have both

I have a Dodge SRT8 6 speed and a Camaro RS/SS
I like both..
Do not knock the Challenger boys and girls. I know both cars well and I promise you the Challenger is awesome.
Both have their good points. I would never say anything bad about the Camaro because I respect the forum too much to do so but I do have an opinion and that is.. Thank God I am an American and can have both....
My Challenger is one of 1200 or so SRT8 Hemi Orange cars and thats it.. no more in that color.. so I expect it to be rarer than my Camaro..
I am doing a complete unbiased opinion review on them which will be done soon.
Both scared the heck out of my brother today. I took him for a ride and wow, do they ever breath fire and run.
2010SSRSIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSIO View Post
I like both..
Do not knock the Challenger boys and girls. I know both cars well and I promise you the Challenger is awesome.
Both have their good points. I would never say anything bad about the Camaro because I respect the forum too much to do so but I do have an opinion and that is.. Thank God I am an American and can have both....
My Challenger is one of 1200 or so SRT8 Hemi Orange cars and thats it.. no more in that color.. so I expect it to be rarer than my Camaro..
Both scared the heck out of my brother today. I took him for a ride and wow, do they ever breath fire and run.
Actually there's probably close to 3000 SRT8 Hemi orange cars for the 2009 model year, plus however many of the 6400 2008's that were made in HO.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #24
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
I like both..
I agree. I still love the Challenger. I decided on the Camaro after a lot of thought and don't regret it, I love my Camaro. But I find myself wishing all the time that i could afford a Challenger SRT8 also. I drool over them every time I drive by the Dodge dealership.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
If the Challenger had some thought put into the interior, I might be in one right now. Theyre both beautiful cars.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #26
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
I was in the same boat. But after driving the challenger, I quickly exited the boat, lol. Challenger felt like a land yaught compared to the Camaro. Plus my G8 GT could blow the doors off an SRT-8 at half the cost, lol. Camaro for the win.
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #27
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
I like both..
I want to have one of each of the V6 cars some day...a Camaro LT/RS and a Challenger SE. I love both of them.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #28
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastohio View Post
Dodge also makes a nice car called "Viper"....just my $.02
I think 2009 was the last model year for the Viper... Awesome car, but the price is crazy
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote