Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #57
Hercules778

Drives: undecided
I would have gotten the Challenger if they did a better job on the interior. just too "blah" for me. I loved how big the car was though because Im pretty much a jeep guy. Almost got an Audi Q7 before the camaro but got tired of driving jeeps for the past 10 years and wanted to switch it up for a change. The audi and the wheels are huge pic doesnt do justice.

Hercules778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #58
gregus73

Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
I was in the same boat. the challenger interior did not do it for me either...
plus the challenger is too big.
the camaro fits nice w/ my wife's car.

smart choice , you will enjoy this great car.
gregus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #59
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
I initially had a deposit on the brochure pictured B5 blue Challenger, I bought the Camaro. As it turns out, that was Richard Petty blue and not B-5. If I would have waited (the B-5 came out about seven months later than the salesman told me it would) I would have been totally disappointed. The color is plain ugly! When I sit in my Camaro....I know that I am in a Camaro. The Challenger, I don't know what the hell I'm sitting in! Could be a Chrysler 300.
Dodge also made the Challenger too retro and can't go anywhere with it now. At least Ford and GM made their cars retro to the point where they can still make changes as Ford did to the 2010. After all, who wants to drive an imitation Hemi, imitation 1970 Challenger???????
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #60
Mhoward08

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Silver Hood/Hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkman View Post
I initially had a deposit on the brochure pictured B5 blue Challenger, I bought the Camaro. As it turns out, that was Richard Petty blue and not B-5. If I would have waited (the B-5 came out about seven months later than the salesman told me it would) I would have been totally disappointed. The color is plain ugly! When I sit in my Camaro....I know that I am in a Camaro. The Challenger, I don't know what the hell I'm sitting in! Could be a Chrysler 300.
Dodge also made the Challenger too retro and can't go anywhere with it now. At least Ford and GM made their cars retro to the point where they can still make changes as Ford did to the 2010. After all, who wants to drive an imitation Hemi, imitation 1970 Challenger???????
If they come out with that monster of a 6.4l next year in it it will probably do a bit better...only seen 3 challengers on the road 2 were base models 1 a r/t.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #61
SSyanide

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoward08 View Post
If they come out with that monster of a 6.4l next year in it it will probably do a bit better...only seen 3 challengers on the road 2 were base models 1 a r/t.
From what I've heard, and my source may or may not be reliable, you know how things are, but they said the 6.4 is dead in the water and the 6.1 may be soon to follow under.

As an aside point, I went to my local Dodge dealership after seeing htey had about 7 Challengers on the lot..talked to the most educated salesperson ever..(sarcasm laced sentence)...he showed me what looked to be 2 SRT8s...but they wasn't..the dealership was installing the stripe package , spoiler and splitters on the 5.7s and 6cyls..gah...then he went on to say how much more impressive the 6cyls were over the HEMIs because they were much, much lighter and quicker and would out run even the srt8 or the camaro SS until about 100mph...needless to say...won't be buying there...
SSyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSyanide View Post
From what I've heard, and my source may or may not be reliable, you know how things are, but they said the 6.4 is dead in the water and the 6.1 may be soon to follow under.

As an aside point, I went to my local Dodge dealership after seeing htey had about 7 Challengers on the lot..talked to the most educated salesperson ever..(sarcasm laced sentence)...he showed me what looked to be 2 SRT8s...but they wasn't..the dealership was installing the stripe package , spoiler and splitters on the 5.7s and 6cyls..gah...then he went on to say how much more impressive the 6cyls were over the HEMIs because they were much, much lighter and quicker and would out run even the srt8 or the camaro SS until about 100mph...needless to say...won't be buying there...

That's funny. I don't care who you are...
Old 12-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #63
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Anybody seen plum crazy in person yet?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #64
75rusty
awesome!

Drives: 07 Jetta WB, '92 GTI 16vT, '76 LUV
I never even considered the challenger. It looks bland to me, both interior and exterior.
75rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #65
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Maybe the best exterior w/ the worst interior.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #66
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowerybo View Post
I wanted to take a look at the challengers. After milling around, a sales associate came up and started chatting with me. I informed him of my position. After hearing that my first choice is the camaro he began trying to explain that they take ten months to get and have only a four star crash rating, then tried to cope more cons. By this time I informed him that if he did not like it he did not have to purchase one but that he should respect the choices of potential customers. Needless to say, the challenger has a great exterior but the interior is not for me. It feels overly large and has a huge dash. A camaro man I am.

+1
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #67
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I had a Dodge salesman tell me the Camaro was overpriced. Hard to believe I heard that when I was looking right at an SRT8 with a $52K sticker in it. He just rambled on about how rare they are and the Camaro is no good. Totally arogant and condiscending to me. I couldn't believe his attitude. I kept thinking how I'd like to beat this guy to a pulp.
PLEASE DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING A SALESMAN SAYS, AS THEY'RE PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED FOR THOSE UN-TECHNICAL PEOPLE WHO TEND TO BE OVERWELMED WITH TALK AND CONVINCING.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH FIRST, GO WITH YOUR INSTINCTS AND FORUM MEMBERS (WHO KNOW X10000000 BETTER THAN A STUPID SALESMAN WHO IS ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS AND OUT FOR HIS INCENTIVE AND BONUSES OF SALES).

CASE CLOSED.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #68
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bacamaro View Post
i had a gm product and it ran when it wanted to. seen a tow truck more then it seen the road. got the lemon law and went and got my first dodge truck. never had a problem one out of all my dodges. got the camaro because the challenger was over priced. hope this gm product wont be like the last one. point is every make has their lemons.
I understand there will be some glitches in some cars. What bothered me was that Chrysler would not cover it under their warranty. I have had other cars with a few glitches, but other companies (including GM) covered the problems within the first three years. Chrysler would not.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #69
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I love the Challenger. My second choice after the Camaro.

Funny story though -- I went up to a Dodge house in my Camaro just to kill a little time. My Camaro got lots of attention in a Dodge lot -- LOL.

I went inside and a salesman came up to me and we started talking about the SRT8. I told him that I love the car but why the high price tag? He rambled on and then he started talking about how the Challenger is faster than the new Camaro.

You should have seen the look on his face when I asked him if he wanted to put that to the test while I pointed out the window at my SS. He shrugged his shoulders and got very quiet.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #70
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
I love the Challenger. My second choice after the Camaro.

Funny story though -- I went up to a Dodge house in my Camaro just to kill a little time. My Camaro got lots of attention in a Dodge lot -- LOL.

I went inside and a salesman came up to me and we started talking about the SRT8. I told him that I love the car but why the high price tag? He rambled on and then he started talking about how the Challenger is faster than the new Camaro.

You should have seen the look on his face when I asked him if he wanted to put that to the test while I pointed out the window at my SS. He shrugged his shoulders and got very quiet.

Too funny.
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote