Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
The most bizarre thing (glitch?) to happen yet?!

So I've had my check engine light come on and go off a couple times in the past 2 weeks. I figure it's just something to do with the MAF placement on my New Era OTR intake. Yesterday morning, on initial start-up, I noticed the light had gone off again and went on my way as usual--no problems. A bit later in the afternoon, I go to start the car again and change the clock to account for the end of daylight savings time. Then, about a minute after start-up and still parked, I get an error message on the DIC saying something like "check tire pressure monitoring system." At the same time, I notice my A/C is on but still only blowing hot air!? "WTF?!" I'm thinking and decide to ignore it and start driving, only to notice NONE of the gauges are working--no speedometer, tach, gas gauge, odometer, etc--NOTHING! I get to a red light and decide to try turning the car off and back on again, but then the car doesn't even crank! I take a breath, decide to take the key out for a few seconds, then try again--it starts up like nothing ever happened, the gauges do their self-test as normal, the A/C is working again, and I drive off. This has got to be the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered and, so far, everything seems fine. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, were you able to find out an explanation? I haven't been able to take it to the dealer yet, but it definitely sounds like something they need to look at, IMHO. (BTW, mine's an LS3, not L99. Sorry if I sounded long-winded, LOL).
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Toastylicious
My car goes Vrooom.. You?

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro LS
Maybe your car is possessed?????
Toastylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
kelleyperformance

Drives: DD- 15' Chevy SS Sedan
im guessing your car is an LS3?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
latinoslife

Drives: silver ice 2010 camaro 2lt RS
take it to dealer i just took mines in last week they did some sort of update maybe its what u did although my car was not acting up like that at all.

[IMG][CENTER][/IMG]
latinoslife is offline   Reply With Quote