Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
Camaro54

Drives: Camaro SS2/RS orange/black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
When everything is said and done,it's only a car.Forgive and forget!

BULL CRAP!!! I believe in being nice and I am BUT you have to be smart enough to know when some one else is screwing over you. This guy lied. He never called or a missed call would've showed up. He knew not to take the car out. That was his promise but he did it anyway. Then he rearended another car not paying attention. Even when I rent a car I pay extra attention since I know I'm not familiar with it. This guy broke all the rules. I wouldn't forgive him till he paid to repair all damages to both cars without it affecting my insurance. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN CAUSE THIS GUY WILL PROVE TO BE A JERK. I've had so called friends like this before. I've learned to recognize them early on and stay somewhat clear of them.

Three simple rules all should remember.

1. Hey, don't ever leave your car with some one else. If so keep the keys.

2. Never let anyone borrow your car. The way insurance is these days you'll pay dearly if something happens.

3. Nobody else will treat your car as well as you do.

Very sorry to hear about superdave's car. Seems we too many times have to learn our lessons the hard way. That is how I've learned many of mine in my 54 years. Hope all turns out well superdave.
Camaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #30
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
I'd never leave the keys. He has your cell if it needs to be moved.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #31
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I am sorry about your car, that really has to suck. After the car gets fixed and everything has settled down, I would invite your friend to go shark fishing with you. As you stick that 14/0 hook in his azz and kick him over the side, you can say "I tried to call you and tell you that you were going to be the bait". By the way the sharks respond quicker if you slit the ankles. Tight Lines and Good Luck!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #32
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Time for a new friend. One that can respect your stuff.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro View Post
Dude that is awful, you could always say the car was "stolen" by your "friend" if you wanted to be a real ass, granted I wouldn't have the stones to do something like that, but then again who has the stones to just take their friends camaro to work, even if he did try to call he should have called a cab if he didn't get ahold of you. Some will say "it's just a car", well a cavalier is "just a car". Alot of guys around here see their 5th gen as more than that.
AND girls, thank you very much

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #34
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro54 View Post
BULL CRAP!!! I believe in being nice and I am BUT you have to be smart enough to know when some one else is screwing over you. This guy lied. He never called or a missed call would've showed up. He knew not to take the car out. That was his promise but he did it anyway. Then he rearended another car not paying attention. Even when I rent a car I pay extra attention since I know I'm not familiar with it. This guy broke all the rules. I wouldn't forgive him till he paid to repair all damages to both cars without it affecting my insurance. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN CAUSE THIS GUY WILL PROVE TO BE A JERK. I've had so called friends like this before. I've learned to recognize them early on and stay somewhat clear of them.

Three simple rules all should remember.

1. Hey, don't ever leave your car with some one else. If so keep the keys.

2. Never let anyone borrow your car. The way insurance is these days you'll pay dearly if something happens.

3. Nobody else will treat your car as well as you do.

Very sorry to hear about superdave's car. Seems we too many times have to learn our lessons the hard way. That is how I've learned many of mine in my 54 years. Hope all turns out well superdave.
So true!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #35
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Well , where i came from there is a say [ motorcycles and girlfriends no one rides but me] i just know realized there is a flaw in it ,we have to add CARS TO IT
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #36
Cro

Drives: Raincheck on that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Sorry I should have said "people" lol
Cro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Friend or no friend if he did not offer to take care of it on his dime I may have to kick his ass! Why use your insurance for something he did on his own, it's not like you gve him permission to drive it. No one I consider a friend would even consider doing that to my car.

Is this dude like your best bud or something? If not king his d!ck in the dirt for disrespecting you like that.

But hey sometimes when you ask for favors there is a price to pay. But damn thats one hellava price partner.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #38
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I would have went to his car and see if it started, if it did start right away, I would ask my friend, Head or gut?

I'm with Frank on this one. Put yourself in your friends shoes, he may have figured that he would take your car to work and show it off a bit and then put it back in his garage and never say anything to you. Did you note the milage everytime you would leave it in his garage? If he's a true long time friend, he will probably at last your Camaro, so go easy on him and give him the gut punch instead of the head shot.
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #39
}Sara{

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Summit White
Terrible thing to have happen! I'd be furious if someone did that to me. Make sure you aren't left to deal with the repercussions - even if you have to let the insurance/authorities know he DID NOT have permission. Cover your ass and make up later, if there's making up to do.
}Sara{ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #40
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
What kind of a friend just takes your Camaro (or ANY CAR for that matter!) without asking for permission first?????

Other than my wife, the only other person who has driven mine was a friend (when I was in the car) who let me drive his 2011 5.0 (when he was in the car). His previous car was a 600rwhp Cobra, so no worries, but even then I was STILL with him.

Let me guess, he probably drives a minivan right? Unfreakingbelievable.

Hopefully his insurance will cover it, but I bet it'll never drive the same again.

Best of luck to you in sorting it out.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #41
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post

I'd divorce this friend - no one should be taking your car without persmission - that is straight out disrespect and your "friend" should have more respect for you then to steal your brand new car and LIE about it.

I have to say I have serious issues with people that lie, disrespect me or my property....He's lucky you didn't beat the shit out of him no way he'd be walking if it was my car....friends don't do shit like this to friends...

My parents wouldn't even touch my car for fear of doing anything wrong and this guy just decided to take yours to work without asking?? I don't care if he was doing you a favor letting you garage it at his house - he ALLOWED you to do that - there was no rule that said he could drive it when he wanted to for that favor - and then he hit someone?? We all do stupid things but you should have more repsect for someone else's property and take much better care of it then to smash into someone that badly...
Old 06-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #42
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Regarding insurance: my insurance company always tells me I am insured only for the cars listed on my policy. I would assume you would have to go through your own insurance, to get your camaro fixed. legally that is how i think it works.

Your friends' insurance company can say: we didn't insure you for a Camaro. we dont have to pay. we don't see any new camaro listed on your policy. So go away and don't ask us to fix anything.

It may cost a little more per month, but next time just park your car at a Public Storage facility. the monthly rate is not that bad for the storage garage that is big enough to hold a Camaro. I have done this before and stored a large truck.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote