Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #57
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Um. You left the keys, why?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #58
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Oh, and is your "best friend" going to cover all costs on this out of your pocket? If he doesn't, he really isn't your best friend. You might think of him as such, but he sure doesn't feel the same if he's screwing you over like this.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #59
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I would have went to his car and see if it started, if it did start right away, I would ask my friend, Head or gut?
LMFAO!!! I don't think I would ask
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #60
KDInTheWind63

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM, LS3 - 2SS SIM, L99
Send a message via Yahoo to KDInTheWind63
I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issues at hand. Hopefully next time the keys stay with you at all times.
KDInTheWind63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #61
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
He may be a close friend but man if I ever borrowed my friends prized car I would drive it like my life depended on it. I guess it's all about personal responsibility and maturity.
If the car would have any damage you can rest assure it would have been caused by someone else's irresponsibility. Better yet I would have called in sick or called a friend/family/taxi for a ride.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #62
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave99 View Post
Update: Spoke with the insurance adjuster and it looks like this is going on my insurance....yea, higher premiums! D@mnit!

Now I'm in tow truck hell. I've had to cancel two different tow trucks since no one will send out a flatbell truck. How difficult is it to understand, "Do not send out a regular wrecker, I want a flatbed tow truck"?

The saga continues....
I've had the same issue with tow trucks over the years with my car I adamantly and specifically ask for a flat bed they still send a regular truck.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #63
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
LMFAO!!! I don't think I would ask
Both? Multiple times?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #64
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
I am very sorry to hear what happened to your car.

I had trouble once with my Jeep when my rear wheel axle fell out. The dispatcher could not understand why I needed a flatbed.

Good Luck.
soniccj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #65
Berean

Drives: Truck
Is your "friend" going to pay the difference for your higher insurance premiums?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #66
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave99 View Post
So, I was garaging my camaro over at a friend's house and he decided to take it to work one day (something about his car wouldn't start). I got a call later in the morning saying he took my car to work, he did mention that he tried to call me earlier to see if it was ok (but I never had a missed call on my phone).

Well, I got a call around 6:30p that evening saying he had rear-ended a Nissan Xterra, I felt myself getting sick! He said it wasn't bad and it was driveable so he was going to swap insurance with the other driver and drive it home.

I raced to his house to find the front of my beautiful car destroyed and coolant leaking in the garage. Did I mention there was a Coke in the cup holder? Yea, the inside is sticky and disgusting too! I don't have any pics yet, I couldn't bring myself to look at it long enough to take a picture.

So, has anyone else had this happen and how did you handle the insurance to get everything fixed? My friend apologized profusely and promised to get the car fixed like new, but I still find myself very upset with him. Maybe I just needed to vent, thanks for reading.
Let me guess... he swapped YOUR insurance with the guy.

Not only is the damage to both cars officially on YOUR record, but YOU get to pay higher premiums from now on too!

Nice friend.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #67
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
You guys are all too nice.....If something like this happened to me the only thing to beat my "friend" to the hospital would be the headlights of the ambulance he was riding in after I got my hands on him. The while he was recovering, I might possibly be able to talk myself out of burning down his house.

A real friend would never do something like this to you.....Im not talking about the accident....that can happen, but taking the car without asking, lying about the reason he did so, slopping soda around in your prized posession, and then downplaying the damage speaks volumes about how much he really cares about you as a friend.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #68
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Were I in your shoes, it would've been game over the instant he got in the car, no joke. Why did you leave the keys with him??? Seriously, there would've been some physical contact, and probably some bleeding soon after. DEFINITELY a friendship-breaker.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #69
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
When everything is said and done,it's only a car.Forgive and forget!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #70
dplyttle

Drives: 2SS RS Black with Cyber Gray Stripe
I would do a number of things. First, the accident would be booked against his insurance. All rental cars, repairs, paint, etc are his problem for him to work out with his insurance.

Second, I would be certain to see the estimate of the repair bill for your car. Take that total and be sure you get a commensurate amount of your friend's possessions to "hold" until your car is back into the original shape prior to the accident.

Finally, once your car is returned never contact your friend again even when he starts calling you to get his stuff back. Remember, possession is nine tenths the law and unless he has documents stating the items in our house are his, then he has no claim.
dplyttle is offline   Reply With Quote