Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #71
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
It depends all on ones disability. I'm also disabled but had no problem flying to Texas to drive home my 1 ton diesel with a NV-5600 HD six speed manual. I just put my wheelchair in the back and I was good to go. Both of my leg's were non weight bearing at the time but I could still operate the peddles. Hydraulic clutch's with upgrades also help out especially if you have a HD dual disk clutch like I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Automatics also enjoy a higher resale value. Ask any car dealer.
Ever watch Barret-Jackson? Manuals typically fetch higher amounts.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #72
SuthrnSS

Drives: 17' Silverado, 09’ C6
I think if it's a daily driver an auto would be more practical, whereas if it's your weekend fun car, manual would probably be much more enjoyable, really connecting with the car too.
SuthrnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #73
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
It depends all on ones disability. I'm also disabled but had no problem flying to Texas to drive home my 1 ton diesel with a NV-5600 HD six speed manual. I just put my wheelchair in the back and I was good to go. Both of my leg's were non weight bearing at the time but I could still operate the peddles. Hydraulic clutch's with upgrades also help out especially if you have a HD dual disk clutch like I do.

Ever watch Barret-Jackson? Manuals typically fetch higher amounts.
I've seen it and am utterly amazed at the prices of the cars and what they sell for. It would be interesting to see the same car sold both ways to see if that is always the case.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
I just like the feel of mashing gears and its more fun than an auto in my mind.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #75
ntrimm

Drives: 2013 ZL1. Black on Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 580/556 ZL1 View Post
i do get side by side lots of time on a red light vs manual guys and i did see by my own eyes that the manual was a fking waste
and don't try to tell me they don't know how to drive a manual bc you all don't ! when its time to vs an automatic tranny
and its all been prove at the drag strip
I will take my manual and out drive you in your automatic. Then I will drive your automatic and you drive my manual and I will out drive you (because you probably can't drive a manual), just tell me when and where. Then tell me that the manual is a waste and or that drivers don't matter. Drivers matter. people that bought the manual that are good drivers can beat your automatic cars. GM Advertises 3.9 seconds for the Auto but there are Manual cars (stock) that are beating 3.9 seconds to 60.
ntrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #76
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrimm View Post
I will take my manual and out drive you in your automatic. Then I will drive your automatic and you drive my manual and I will out drive you (because you probably can't drive a manual), just tell me when and where. Then tell me that the manual is a waste and or that drivers don't matter. Drivers matter. people that bought the manual that are good drivers can beat your automatic cars. GM Advertises 3.9 seconds for the Auto but there are Manual cars (stock) that are beating 3.9 seconds to 60.

Do you think just because someone drives a auto they can't drive a manual? I grew up driving manuals but due to bad knees I can't continually push in a clutch.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #77
ntrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Do you think just because someone drives a auto they can't drive a manual? I grew up driving manuals but due to bad knees I can't continually push in a clutch.
Not at all. I just said that because he said "most of you can't". Or something similar to that. I'm glad you enjoy your auto.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #78
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
Quote:
oh yeah and thats why you all beg for a lauch control oh ya roll your gear
i did drive manual all my life my friend Jeep,Truck,subaru etc...etc... and i just realize that we are in a NEW AGE.......
GET IN TO THE NEW WORLD or stay a DINOSORE
Old 09-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #79
ntrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 580/556 ZL1 View Post
oh yeah and thats why you all beg for a lauch control oh ya roll your gear
i did drive manual all my life my friend Jeep,Truck,subaru etc...etc... and i just realize that we are in a NEW AGE.......
GET IN TO THE NEW WORLD or stay a DINOSORE

I don't use launch control. It's been proven that the best times are with all the nannies off and no launch control. Launch control was designed to make driving easier for the "average" manual transmission drivers, therefore enhancing their track times. Oh, and by the way, it is spelled "dinosaur". If you don't have spellcheck on your computer or phone I suggest you get "into the new age" and get one.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #80
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
Quote:
I don't use launch control. It's been proven that the best times are with all the nannies off and no launch control. Launch control was designed to make driving easier for the "average" manual transmission drivers, therefore enhancing their track times. Oh, and by the way, it is spelled "dinosaur". If you don't have spellcheck on your computer or phone I suggest you get "into the new age" and get one.
when your at the point that you have to use the grammer argue your kinda out in my book at least i try and i do speak 2 language !do you!
and for the prove your speaking ov where are all your source, can't see any of them anywhere all i can see is manual ppl telling me that they are draging the car and would had bough the auto if they would start the buy over. now frustrated dinosaur!and sorry in advance for the grammer MRS teacher
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #81
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
Quote:
No launch control here either. I see we are in the same neighborhood. I would not mind a little fun competition. U up?

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #82
ntrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjetguru View Post
No launch control here either. I see we are in the same neighborhood. I would not mind a little fun competition. U up?
Where are you located and what do you drive?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #83
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
Quote:
Where are you located and what do you drive?
Brandon.. 2011 2SS/RS..Slightly modified..Just thought it would be cool to see how a slightly modified SS would hold up to a ZL1

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #84
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
You would think this is a mustang Camaro dispute.
You do all realize that all of you bought a ZL1.
Some how our minds connected at one point and said I have to own this amazing car and made it happen.
Coupe, Convertible, Auto, Manual, what color, the options depend on your preference.
I'm glad that Chevy knew enough to give us both trannies in this car.
There are no loser's but only winners in this debate.
And for those that did not buy a ZL1 your on this site and
AMMUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote