Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #113
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynMonbro View Post
Hey so are you TPW 4/22 with a 1LE thats been shipped? My dealer still hasn't gotten the invoice and I just assumed none of the 1LEs or ZL1s have made it out! Congrats if its headed to you!
I had a TPW of 4/29 and the dealer got an invoice/VIN last week for my 1LE.....are the 1LE/ZL1 guys/gals from prior TPW still waiting for VINs?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #114
MarilynMonbro

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I had a TPW of 4/29 and the dealer got an invoice/VIN last week for my 1LE.....are the 1LE/ZL1 guys/gals from prior TPW still waiting for VINs?
Ya! A ton of us have been bothering Becky like crazy asking her to track our cars! A great percentage of them seem to be stuck in quality control for some apparent reason, but its nice to see some people are getting so maybe its just a shipping problem instead of a car problem amongst them.
MarilynMonbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #115
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAG1LE View Post
^^no way!^^ LMAO awesome...Grafitti and everything

Where did u find that pic? My car is CSX tho?
I'm looking for my 1LE all accross the globe hanging around every railway to spot it LOL This was my daily pic bro, your wagon was the most ghetto-looking of all. BTW I fired up your car and put some 100 miles of beating on it Runs great and all, but youll need new tires bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAG1LE View Post
Nevermind LOL I googled is as well haha!!
Sshhhhh!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.

Last edited by WHAMMO; 05-06-2013 at 05:32 PM.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #116
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Todays update; my car is scheduled to be on the train today!! Hopefully, tomorrow it willlbe very close to here(7hours away from Toronto).

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #117
MarilynMonbro

I wish Chevy could have at least warned me before they ****** me in the *** like this. No matter who I contact I hear the same thing each time..."Your car is at quality control, we have no timespan for you and no ETA." I get that they want me to have a top of the line camaro, but at least tell me whats going on with it so I don't have to deal with any adverse selection!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #118
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
I'm looking for my 1LE all accross the globe hanging around every railway to spot it LOL This was my daily pic bro, your wagon was the most ghetto-looking of all. BTW I fired up your car and put some 100 miles of beating on it Runs great and all, but youll need new tires bro.

Sshhhhh!!
HAHA! yesss! Get some! I am sure I will be needing new tires anyway.
SWAG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #119
SWAG1LE

Quote:
I wish Chevy could have at least warned me before they ****** me in the *** like this. No matter who I contact I hear the same thing each time..."Your car is at quality control, we have no timespan for you and no ETA." I get that they want me to have a top of the line camaro, but at least tell me whats going on with it so I don't have to deal with any adverse selection!!!

How strange...I hope they release your vehicle ASAP. Becky has no new info for you? Hang in there
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #120
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
How is Chevy or anyone suppose to predict there will be an issue? Now having never been to prison I don't know for sure....but I don't think anyone gets a warning before they get ****** in the ***?

They are not going to tell you anything and the Dealer has even less information. I wrote this early today and you may want to read it to get a better understanding of how the industry works.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293931
Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #121
MarilynMonbro

Quote:
How is Chevy or anyone suppose to predict there will be an issue? Now having never been to prison I don't know for sure....but I don't think anyone gets a warning before they get ****** in the ***?

They are not going to tell you anything and the Dealer has even less information. I wrote this early today and you may want to read it to get a better understanding of how the industry works.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293931
Ok well your thread you sent me to helped! However I still won't be able to sleep knowing my car is out there Also, since you were in the industry, would you happen to know if there is a difference between quality control and inspection. My car was at Q/C for awhile but I was told its at inspection. Does this mean progress has been made?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #122
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Ok well your thread you sent me to helped! However I still won't be able to sleep knowing my car is out there Also, since you were in the industry, would you happen to know if there is a difference between quality control and inspection. My car was at Q/C for awhile but I was told its at inspection. Does this mean progress has been made?
Good to hear it helped a little!.

I think the two terms are the same. We use Q/C personnel to oversee or conduct an inspection. I doubt they are different.

I am just as anxious as you as I have a car that was built last week and is out for the hood wrap now.....I am not sure if mine will ship upon return of if it will enter Bayed status like the rest of them???? Only time will tell so I am keeping myself busy as best I can.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #123
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Good to hear it helped a little!.

I think the two terms are the same. We use Q/C personnel to oversee or conduct an inspection. I doubt they are different.

I am just as anxious as you as I have a car that was built last week and is out for the hood wrap now.....I am not sure if mine will ship upon return of if it will enter Bayed status like the rest of them???? Only time will tell so I am keeping myself busy as best I can.
I didn't order a 1LE, but that part I highlighted is the best thing anyone can do when ordering a Camaro. I have other hobbies that keep me incredibly busy and it has made the time pass waiting for my 2SS seem to fly. I feel for you guys sitting and waiting for your cars to be released, I can't even imagine the frustration you're enduring through this wait. All I can say is your car is well worth the wait.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #124
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
I didn't order a 1LE, but that part I highlighted is the best thing anyone can do when ordering a Camaro. I have other hobbies that keep me incredibly busy and it has made the time pass waiting for my 2SS seem to fly. I feel for you guys sitting and waiting for your cars to be released, I can't even imagine the frustration you're enduring through this wait. All I can say is your car is well worth the wait.
I am trying to get going and get a second deck off my garage built before the car shows up..If it is not done before it arrives we may have a deck with no railing, or stairs or deck boards
Old 05-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #125
SWAG1LE

^^^^ Priorities!!

So, update on my delivery....My rail car is actually a Union Pacific. The number I was given by a CSX rep was 800-272-8777. UP told me the rail car is in Armourdale, KS. It will be there thill the 9th of May where it will then depart to Santa Rosa, NM (670 miles). After that who knows!? Santa Rosa, NM to El Paso, TX is another 276 miles. Hopefully this weekend she will be safe in my garage
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #126
BUSHMASTER

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS 1LE NPP
Congrats to all of you that are waiting for your new rides! I just wanted to pop in and offer a few words of encouragement because having to wait for your car and checking on a status that just does not seem to move really can get old. Hang in there, you won't regret waiting once you finally get behind the wheel of your new ride. These machines are amazing and all of you made a wise choice. I ordered in early December of 2012 and took delivery on 11 March 13. Each day you are closer to the finish line, so crack open a cold one while you wait, and get a jump start on some mods to make time fly.
Cheers!
Bushmaster
BUSHMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote