Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #43
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Interesting. Last night I did a timed run on the road leading home from the office. (or I guess I should say this morning) using the Dynolicious on my iPhone. Calibrated, mounted tight, and ran. I know it's not the most accurate instrument but I'm told it's fairly close.

That being said, I don't know what to think of this run. I only went to like 85 or 86 MPH before I backed off so it wasn't a quarter mile. I set the vehicle weight about 200 lbs too light because I didn't account for me in the car and I only put 3800 lbs. and I know it's a little more than that. So anyway had I added the correct weight, the horse power would read a little higher.

Straight, flat road. 3:30 in the morning so nice and cool (for Bama) and I reved to about 2000 rpm before letting off the break and getting on the gas.

Anyway, check it out. I can't wait to try it again.

Attachment 35918Attachment 35919Attachment 35920

If that's accurate I can't see how you would get beat by the Lexus? Going by your 1/8 mile time and mph,
your running low 13s @ 106 -107 mph or so. Maybe its the cool air, but based on those numbers there's nothing wrong with your car.
And you aint getting beat by no V6 Camaro that's for sure.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #44
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Finally Randy !!! I am not trying to rag on you guys, but getting factual data makes all the difference in the world. Glad you have that. Now you can work on making things faster...

Congrats dude !!
Not sure how accurate it is. I'm a little confused because I launched the same way in the vid I did. But I set the iPhone up the way they instructed.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #45
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
Has any body tried The Chevy Voodoo Magic before a run?
Start the car off 3 times like you will be timing the run. Mash the peddle.
Then take your run. I know many had tried with other Chevy's on tracks and have shaved .1 to .2 off there times.
It has something to do with the computer learning thing.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #46
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Interesting. Last night I did a timed run on the road leading home from the office. (or I guess I should say this morning) using the Dynolicious on my iPhone. Calibrated, mounted tight, and ran. I know it's not the most accurate instrument but I'm told it's fairly close.

That being said, I don't know what to think of this run. I only went to like 85 or 86 MPH before I backed off so it wasn't a quarter mile. I set the vehicle weight about 200 lbs too light because I didn't account for me in the car and I only put 3800 lbs. and I know it's a little more than that. So anyway had I added the correct weight, the horse power would read a little higher.

Straight, flat road. 3:30 in the morning so nice and cool (for Bama) and I reved to about 2000 rpm before letting off the break and getting on the gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Nice run! The 0-60 time is right in there! Looks like the car is learning how to behave!

i guess scott was right the car will start to learn after 2000miles
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #47
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Wow, that looks like it's running just fine...
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #48
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have 1450 miles on my L99 and have a Corsa Catback Exhaust.I did four 0-60 times today with it about 90 degrees.I had times that ranged from 4.82 - 5.32 with a stopwatch in hand.Two runs were with TC on and two runs with TC off.The best runs were with TC off. Mine feels like it is running just fine.I am getting ready to install a set of American Racing Headers and a TVS 2300 MagnaCharger.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #49
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So you guys think that the Dyno app for the iPhone is accurate to how much variance? Obviously I didn't run a 4.5 0-60 so there is an inaccuracy somewhere.

It would support the whole "Car learns you" theory. I can't wait to get Bonnies car back out to the strip and see what happens. If I am running in the 4.7-4.9 area, there is no way her car should beat me again. Especially as badly as she did. But can the my car adjust to my driving harder that fast?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #50
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
So you guys think that the Dyno app for the iPhone is accurate to how much variance? Obviously I didn't run a 4.5 0-60 so there is an inaccuracy somewhere.

It would support the whole "Car learns you" theory. I can't wait to get Bonnies car back out to the strip and see what happens. If I am running in the 4.7-4.9 area, there is no way her car should beat me again. Especially as badly as she did. But can the my car adjust to my driving harder that fast?
Hell, if that's the case, go out and hammer it. Make it learn the redline...
I hope you can either get it to the strip or back up your iPhone stuff with a GTech. Whatever method - you now have a baseline to improve upon and I know YOU will make it happen. You are definitely that kind of guy. C'Mon YOU DID STOP SMOKING - btw cool cigar smoke
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #51
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:

This sounds like new ground to me... however, I've read reports on this site where their cars seemed slow because they were breaking it in easy... but after they got on it, it came alive very quickly.

Then again, the folks who beat on their car out the door of the dealership have always run fast.

Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #52
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:

I definitely wouldn't trust the hp readings, but if the time to 60 is even close, you can go ahead and take that winner sign off the lexus.

Just try running the lexus with the iphone and see what you get, so you have another datapoint.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #53
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:

That's a nice app !
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #54
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Not sure how accurate that app is and I wouldn't put much faith in it. You want accurate times take it to the track. If any of the cars that were not running right were mine, the first thing I would do is unhook the battery and let the car sit over night. This will reset the ECU. Then drive the car around for a few days, getting on it frequently. The computer will learn this is how you drive and you should see improved performance.

I know some don't want to do this because of any fault codes being cleared but if it threw a code once it will do it again if there is some thing seriously wrong with the car.
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #55
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:

This has become quite the interesting thread. I will eagerly await the results of your run in Bonnies car!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #56
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Not sure how accurate it is. I'm a little confused because I launched the same way in the vid I did. But I set the iPhone up the way they instructed.
Did you feel any difference between the ~6 second runs and the dynolicious run?
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote