Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #71
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
I dont know, my Camaro holds up just fine with turns. Euro cars are trash... sorry. All they are is an engine wrapped in paper (might as well be when you hit a tree, wall, or another car because you're screwed). I will give the Germans a +1 for most of their Volkswagen models as they're pretty damn sturdy. The rest are garbage.

Bottomline... I wouldn't rule out American muscle at all in any department.

I'm sorry but that is a horrendously ignorant statement. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of American cars, but really? You're telling me you think a Porsche is garbage? I find that hard to believe.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #72
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
This comparison can't be worse than what they did with the Mustang when they raced it against a horse around a circular track and the horse won. lol..
Old 07-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #73
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Euros are by no means "trash"!. They do cost more but, you get what you pay for "in most cases'. I LOVE my Camaro but my stock M5 will still outrun and out-handle it any day of the week. We have made great strides to CLOSE the gap between our interior, design and handling in regards to the German auto industry. Not there yet though...
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #74
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
I dont know, my Camaro holds up just fine with turns. Euro cars are trash... sorry. All they are is an engine wrapped in paper (might as well be when you hit a tree, wall, or another car because you're screwed). I will give the Germans a +1 for most of their Volkswagen models as they're pretty damn sturdy. The rest are garbage.

Well, now that I know you don't what the hell you are talking about I can just go ahead and ignore you...
Old 07-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #75
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:

I disagree.. Euro cars are NOT engine wrapped in paper. Japanese cars are mostly paper. Thats what makes them so fuel efficient, because they are so light... and yet again, we are still talking about the price range of each car. But I tend to think I range price to rigidity ratio from Euro Cars, then AMERICAN cars, THEN Japanese cars.

But then again, that's just my thoughts... But yes, American Muscle shouldn't be ruled out =)
Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #76
vsound

Drives: 2LT RS Camaro: RY w/ Black Stripes
I tend to think that you get the most for your money with American cars, as Jeremy has pointed out multiple times with the Corvette versus its competition with 3x the price.

Still, I would gladly take a Ferrari or Bugatti in my garage. European sports cars are not trash.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #77
StreetReporter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Black on Black
Let me remind you, that the Camaro is a CANADIAN muscle car!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #78
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Look Camaro fans, I love watching Top Gear because of it's in your face true to rights opinions which I find to be refreshingly unbiased by advertisers, car companies or countries for that matter. We should welcome this type of review and know the slant that only the British can put on it. I say bring it on, and I hope the Camaro team at GM watches and reviews it like a sports team would review footage from the opposing teams. We all already know that comparison wise the Camaro is the best mid priced American muscle car made why even worry about some British review, but let’s take it as a sports team would and work to make the Camaro even better. I have SLK 55 AMG Mercedes Benz in the garage as well and I can tell you that the driving experience between it and the Camaro is completely different, as it should be. I can sum it up in the words of many Top Gear reviews; the Benz is a better car and at almost three (3) times the cost “it darn should be”!! With all of its sophisticated electronics and great handling it is still not a FUN to drive great sounding American muscle car as the Camaro is.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #79
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
Top Gear is one of the greatest shows EVER. It's freaking hilarious!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #80
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
And I think that is everyone's biggest problem with TG. IT ENTERTAINMENT! No one here is gonna go out and buy or not buy a car because of TG, or any other show for that matter.
I love the show, and yes as an American, I don't like the bashing of American cars, but I am sure it goes over well in Britain, so it helps the ratings.
If you really watch the show you will see that he has been hard on many cars including Ferrari, and we all know what a huge nutswinger Clarkson is for Ferrari.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #81
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetReporter View Post
+1
Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #82
balagan

Drives: V6 RS SW
So when I watch the episode in about 20 minutes, does anyone want me to actually post what their verdict was?

Last edited by balagan; 07-11-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #83
balagan

Drives: V6 RS SW
It's started
Old 07-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #84
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetReporter View Post
Designed by a Korean guy. I just learned, only now, that Sang Yup Lee resigned from GM. He's Chief Designer of Exterior at the Volkswagen/Audi Advanced studio in California. They say he started in January. That can't be good.

Closed Thread