Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #127
asrapid

Drives: Stratus
there are rumors thata future engine for mustang could be 5.0 l v8 with turbochargers and about 600 hp..so i guess camaro z28 will also have forced induction engine. I would like to see Gen V small block with about 5.5 l v8 DI and forced induction and sam hprating as present ls9 in z2..but that will not happen
asrapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #128
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
For some reason, I once again can't get the "smilies" to work on this site. Anyway, with a big grin, I agree with you that cheating the rules was done to gain an advantage in EVERY form of auto racing over the years, Smokey Yunick consistently brought the fastest cars to NASCAR tracks years ago, but it would take him two days to get it to the point of passing a tech inspection. Though I think one of his best was at an SCCA Trans-Am race, a pre-race tech inspection had uncovered violations, Smokey's Z/28 was sitting there torn to pieces with the gas tank on the ground and an SCCA tech inspector said "You've got seven violations that need to be corrected". Smokey promptly jumped in the car, said "You'd better make that eight!" and started up the car and drove off leaving the gas tank at the tech inspectors feet. Anyway, despite my love of first gen. Camaros (Z/28s in particular), to get back on topic I do think that all signs are pointing to the LSA in this new Z/28. And I'm not excited about an overweight high horsepower version, but we'll get whatever Chevy ends up producing. At 60 years old I'm looking at buying probably my last Camaro and it would have been awesome to have a new Z/28 that was more heritage oriented.
Clyde
I totally agree, the Z/28 must not be fully loaded! It is a streetable racing (type) car. I want a Z/28 RS in black that I couldn't ever find in my youth.
I could buy a 1969 now, but the new ones are just so much better (just have to pull some weight out of it).

p.s. a 2010 Camaro full windshield washer bottle is around 10 lbs, bye bye.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote