Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #29
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Destruction at it's hardest there.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
CamaroGirl5
@moorethrottle

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS F1X 427 LSNext
Update: We finally got the old rear end built and installed with the Eaton Truetrac, drove it out of the shop about 100 yards and it let go, wont drive...I am beyond pissed...taking it apart tomorrow to figure out the failure...
CamaroGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
CamaroGirl5
@moorethrottle

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS F1X 427 LSNext
Figured out the issue, it had nothing to do with the Eaton...sorry for the rash comment, was really upset but I am now! It was an axle issue, but its fixed now!

Breaking in the rear end right now, have about 15 miles on it and play to put a bunch more on later tonight...

The low toned clunk is still there and a little amplified, but I think it was because I changed to polyurethane bushings more than it is the rear end...there is NO gear whine or noise coming from it at all!

I will keep everyone updated, but so far so good! I am scared to launch it for a while tho, because the last few times I launched it I broke something! Axle, spider gears grenaded, etc...Hopefully this set up can handle me until I upgrade to a much bigger/better rear end.

Thank you to Alternative Auto for getting me all back together in time for the Woodward Dream Cruise!
CamaroGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c5fest rear end blown