Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #57
ParklandTracy

Drives: Camaros available
Federal law

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
"my dealer is sticking me with all of these extra dealer charges"

Title states it all, let the camaro5 community know if your dealer is trying to rip you off by trying to add dealer installed options that you did not order and do not want…

See SummoneR thread for story.
The fed has made laws that state that anything added above and beyond the Moroni sticker must be disclosed. It sound to me like they have disclosed this to you and If you want it pay for it. If you don't, someone else will. Don't let your wallet stand in the way of owning the coolest car in years... Pay it and quit complaining...
ParklandTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #58
boswepw

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Actually its the Monroney Law not Moroni; and, I hope ParklandTracy is just making a poor attempt at being funny at SummoneR's expense in the above two posts. The whole point of pre-ordering a Camaro is to get exactly what you want on the car, and the signed final order sheet with the agreed to price is the contract not the Monroney sticker. All the 2001 Monroney law states is that the MSRP for the car and options must appear on the sticker as well as destination charges and EPA gas mileage.
boswepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #59
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParklandTracy View Post
The fed has made laws that state that anything added above and beyond the Moroni sticker must be disclosed. It sound to me like they have disclosed this to you and If you want it pay for it. If you don't, someone else will. Don't let your wallet stand in the way of owning the coolest car in years... Pay it and quit complaining...

Wow dude, you really don't know WTF your talking about do you?... did you even read the story, they disclosed it yes, but after the fact, on a sold order, not a car sitting on the lot... besides why should I pay for that highly marked up crap, when there are plenty of dealers who are not doing this. It because of mindless idot's who just pay for the crap that allows dealers to do this to the rest of us...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #60
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Here's what I think is going on....

IMHO.

1. JL Sullivan is ordering the cars per your specs I imagine when you get your allocation number called. But you are not financing until the car comes in and AFAIK they are not cashing your deposit check if you have one just putting in a folder for later.

2. Your order runs thru the typical gamut of being produced. It gets put on a truck and arrives at JLS. They call you probably after it gets the 4100 dollars in JL Sullivan "upgrades" that you did not want or are approving to pay for. For 4100 dollars in stuff JLS will probably pocket like 3K. Kinda like selling the car for 4K over MSRP (which is about 8K over dealer invoice)...

3. They wash the car get it all pretty and get ready for your ass raping. You come down there and they "hope" you fall in love with the car and you'll do anything to get it (see another thread on here from JLS about this Phenomena) then dealer pulls out the financing sheet and you see MSRP (which again is already like 4K over dealer price) + 4100 in JLS bullshit and then TTL on top of that. So your roughly 37K camaro is now into the 44K area. You then have a decision to make. Listen to "what is it gonna take to get you in this car today" man, or listen to your gut instinct that you are taking it in the chili ring.... blue pill or red pill.....

So lets' say you choose A and you buy the car. You buy the 44,000 dollar car and drive it off the lot where it promptly depreciates to about 25,000 MAYBE but most likely less. So for the first three years you are UPSIDE DOWN on that badboy like a Disneyland roller coaster. Don't even think about getting rid of it in the first 4 years unless you like negative equity. The "we are adding value" theory that Mr General Manager at JLS talked about is pretty funny as well.... I can't EVER in the life of me recall in the history of Kelly blue Book where it asked me if I had "Paint protection", "clear bra", "window tint", or a "car cover" and that affected the retail or trade in value..... The same goes for "rim chroming" Also have you ever sold a car and told the buyer that you wanted say 1-2K more because you waxed it and you would include a car cover????? didn't think so. So all in all you again pay the 44K. JLS' balance sheet looks like this...

We pay: CAR-33500
ADDONS-1000 (being nice here)
TOTAL-34500

Idiot pay: CAR-37000
ADDONS-4100
TOTAL-41100 (not including TTL cuz dealer may or may not pocket some of that)

JLS makes- $6600 at a MINIMUM!!!! Assuming it costs 1K for that garbage... remember when 500 bucks over dealer invoice used to be fair????

Okay so you go Plan B and decide to salvage your manhood. JLS since they were never in a "contract" with you since they never cashed your check and gave you a price in writing will most likely put your car on the showroom floor, polish it up real nice, put a sticker on it that says "Market Adjustment +5K or so" and then wait. Since they never promised MSRP to anyone other than the person who ordered that car it can't be considered "bad business" and they will just wait like sharks for the blood in the water to show up with a pocket full of cash and no access to the "intrawebz" and camaro5.com....

now me summoner and a few others are plan C'ers.... We jumped ship prior to them getting the car. Now they can do what they wish. cancel the order, crash the car into a wall, paint it pink with candy ghostflames and sell it for 100K. I don't really care... I just am happy to know I didn't assist them in the robbery and stickup of hardworking americans. Cause if you think about it, if i order my car and balk at the deal, Someone , somewhere is gonna buy that car for probably WAY TOO MUCH..... and i'd kinda blame myself a little bit.....

just a real little bit..... sorry for my rant but I want ppl to know just what I think is going on here....
Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #61
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz View Post
Here's what I think is going on....

IMHO.

1. JL Sullivan is ordering the cars per your specs I imagine when you get your allocation number called. But you are not financing until the car comes in and AFAIK they are not cashing your deposit check if you have one just putting in a folder for later.

2. Your order runs thru the typical gamut of being produced. It gets put on a truck and arrives at JLS. They call you probably after it gets the 4100 dollars in JL Sullivan "upgrades" that you did not want or are approving to pay for. For 4100 dollars in stuff JLS will probably pocket like 3K. Kinda like selling the car for 4K over MSRP (which is about 8K over dealer invoice)...

3. They wash the car get it all pretty and get ready for your ass raping. You come down there and they "hope" you fall in love with the car and you'll do anything to get it (see another thread on here from JLS about this Phenomena) then dealer pulls out the financing sheet and you see MSRP (which again is already like 4K over dealer price) + 4100 in JLS bullshit and then TTL on top of that. So your roughly 37K camaro is now into the 44K area. You then have a decision to make. Listen to "what is it gonna take to get you in this car today" man, or listen to your gut instinct that you are taking it in the chili ring.... blue pill or red pill.....

So lets' say you choose A and you buy the car. You buy the 44,000 dollar car and drive it off the lot where it promptly depreciates to about 25,000 MAYBE but most likely less. So for the first three years you are UPSIDE DOWN on that badboy like a Disneyland roller coaster. Don't even think about getting rid of it in the first 4 years unless you like negative equity. The "we are adding value" theory that Mr General Manager at JLS talked about is pretty funny as well.... I can't EVER in the life of me recall in the history of Kelly blue Book where it asked me if I had "Paint protection", "clear bra", "window tint", or a "car cover" and that affected the retail or trade in value..... The same goes for "rim chroming" Also have you ever sold a car and told the buyer that you wanted say 1-2K more because you waxed it and you would include a car cover????? didn't think so. So all in all you again pay the 44K. JLS' balance sheet looks like this...

We pay: CAR-33500
ADDONS-1000 (being nice here)
TOTAL-34500

Idiot pay: CAR-37000
ADDONS-4100
TOTAL-41100 (not including TTL cuz dealer may or may not pocket some of that)

JLS makes- $6600 at a MINIMUM!!!! Assuming it costs 1K for that garbage... remember when 500 bucks over dealer invoice used to be fair????

Okay so you go Plan B and decide to salvage your manhood. JLS since they were never in a "contract" with you since they never cashed your check and gave you a price in writing will most likely put your car on the showroom floor, polish it up real nice, put a sticker on it that says "Market Adjustment +5K or so" and then wait. Since they never promised MSRP to anyone other than the person who ordered that car it can't be considered "bad business" and they will just wait like sharks for the blood in the water to show up with a pocket full of cash and no access to the "intrawebz" and camaro5.com....

now me summoner and a few others are plan C'ers.... We jumped ship prior to them getting the car. Now they can do what they wish. cancel the order, crash the car into a wall, paint it pink with candy ghostflames and sell it for 100K. I don't really care... I just am happy to know I didn't assist them in the robbery and stickup of hardworking americans. Cause if you think about it, if i order my car and balk at the deal, Someone , somewhere is gonna buy that car for probably WAY TOO MUCH..... and i'd kinda blame myself a little bit.....

just a real little bit..... sorry for my rant but I want ppl to know just what I think is going on here....
:headbang :
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #62
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParklandTracy View Post
This is the same person trying to sell a Camaro on here for over MSRP.Lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #63
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
This is the same person trying to sell a Camaro on here for over MSRP.Lol.
Are you serious? What a douche!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #64
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
This bait and switch tactics is so cruel, mean spirited, idiotic, selfish, greedy, stupid thing any dealer can do.. Since the dealer is sticking you with so much crap you did not order, you should stick all those entities up his @5S and look for another dealer.. I would not give them your money or the satisfaction of the order..
not taking away from your bs with the car dealer. the one near me is only getting one at a time. and they sold the first one before it got there..and made the guy keep it in their showroom before he could have it just so they could show it off.the next one is the biggest bs of all and the only reason im writing this on this thread.they got another red lt and a guy went into the place to buy it. he said "what would you take for this car if i paid cash money for it." knowing they had him hook line and sinker they replied. " sorry buddy this car is part of a package deal, in order to get this car you have to buy the car that comes WITH IT. at sticker price." LOL. so to get his 25k lt camaro it cost him like 45k not including taxes and legal docs..etc. thats getting it in the tail pipe. and the worse baiting and screwing ive ever heard of..you cant buy this car for 25k unless you buy both cars cause they are part of a "package deal"..?????? the nerve of these assholes.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #65
SummoneR
Paul

UPDATE ON WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR

I ordered from Novato Chevy, from Paul Galassi, nice guy, he explained everything to me as far as what he was planning on doing etc... and other things I already knew from here of course, but very thorough. He told me they get one allocation a week and I am at #4, once I get to #1 he will call to get a deposit then it won't be long after that and my car will be here. They are charging $1,000 over MSRP, but at this point I'd rather pay that than $4,000 for maybe $1,000 worth of stuff that I don't want right now... or at all.

I also spoke with a Tim Boone at Boardwalk Chevrolet, he replied to 2 of my emails after 11:30pm... within minutes of emailing him. They either have an amazing auto response system that knew they had a yellow car on the lot just like I wanted, or he was up reading his emails that late. They offer GMS/Supplier pricing, but they have a 4-6 months wait... Tim was very helpful!

I also spoke with Ron MacMulkin of Macmulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire, he recommended himself Camaro Scotty whom we all know and love from Newman Chevrolet, and Eric from Classic Chevrolet in Texas.

Ron was very supportive and was sorry for the ordeal and said WE (those three) know how to treat customers. I believe it based on his help to date!

So that's the story.

I have yet to contact the Bee, or the news, or the BBB etc... I have been soooo busy, I barely have time to read these anymore. LOL But we all plan to do so!

Last edited by SummoneR; 07-02-2009 at 01:21 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #66
c.mike86

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
1100, Preliminary order accepted March 31, 2009
2000, Order accepted by GM April 16, 2009
3000, Order accepted by production control April 30, 2009 TPW 5/25
3300, Order scheduled for production May 14, 2009
3400, Order broadcast May 21, 2009
3800, Order produced May 28, 2009
4000, Available to ship June 4, 2009
4200, Shipped June 4, 2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer June 4, 2009 VIN 2G1FT1EW4A9114555
6000, Delivered to the customer June 8, 2009

where did u get all this info on ur car from ? i ordered mine in the middle of may and they said it should come in mid-july and that i shld get tracking info and all that in the mail or something like that. But i havent gotten anything yet...jus wondering how u get this info ?
c.mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #67
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.mike86 View Post
1100, Preliminary order accepted March 31, 2009
2000, Order accepted by GM April 16, 2009
3000, Order accepted by production control April 30, 2009 TPW 5/25
3300, Order scheduled for production May 14, 2009
3400, Order broadcast May 21, 2009
3800, Order produced May 28, 2009
4000, Available to ship June 4, 2009
4200, Shipped June 4, 2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer June 4, 2009 VIN 2G1FT1EW4A9114555
6000, Delivered to the customer June 8, 2009

where did u get all this info on ur car from ? i ordered mine in the middle of may and they said it should come in mid-july and that i shld get tracking info and all that in the mail or something like that. But i havent gotten anything yet...jus wondering how u get this info ?
you know i actually drove past a random car lot one day in my 08 Tahoe. and seen it..me and my fiancee were just riding around when we seen it..i slammed the brakes and slammed my truck into the parking lot. we got out and looked at it and i feel in love..at the exact point nothing was gonna stop me from owning that exact car. I asked the guy about trading in my tahoe. the owner jumped in without even asking and drove it down the street,came directly back and walked inside.the dealer then said come on lets discuss this. 15 mins later he came in and said that theyll trade if i pay after taxes and all that for 1500 dollars..i cracked a shitty green and said "buddy i didnt even think id even see this car today. i spent a crap load of money last year on this truck. im not letting it go like that..how about even?" he walked out, my fiancee kept whispering very angrily "are you insane?" you must be insane" "youre trying to trade off our tahoe!!!" he came back in and said "yes the owner said ok even. you just owe us 150 for title transfer..lol..i said man dude i have 75 bucks in my pocket..being an incredible guy he said gimme 50 and you can come back monday and pay the rest..LOL..guess im glad i didnt order mine..ive had it since about the beginning of May. so the car does pick it driver.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #68
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Quote:
I ordered from Novato Chevy, from Paul Galassi, nice guy, he explained everything to me as far as what he was planning on doing etc... and other things I already knew from here of course, but very thorough. He told me they get one allocation a week and I am at #4, once I get to #1 he will call to get a deposit then it won't be long after that and my car will be here. They are charging $1,000 over MSRP, but at this point I'd rather pay that than $4,000 for maybe $1,000 worth of stuff that I don't want right now... or at all.
I did the same thing... I called right before summoner did and I'm #3 (well maybe i'm further up now if he gets roughly 1 allocation a week).... I guess I ordered like middle of last week.... so that's cool. I might be able to put my money down middle of july by that schedule...shweet.... figure roughly 8 weeks.... mid september roughly car gets here.... cool.....
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #69
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz View Post
I did the same thing... I called right before summoner did and I'm #3 (well maybe i'm further up now if he gets roughly 1 allocation a week).... I guess I ordered like middle of last week.... so that's cool. I might be able to put my money down middle of july by that schedule...shweet.... figure roughly 8 weeks.... mid september roughly car gets here.... cool.....
YES SIR
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #70
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I knew that Damian had a 666 tattoo some where.