Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-27-2014, 02:20 AM   #183
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go big or Go home View Post
Finally spotted your build thread.. haha! I love the picture you have on the first post! Really like what you've done with your car! It's clean and simple yet stands out! As simple of a mod as it is, I really like your 1LE hood badges. Even in pictures of the whole car, the badges stand out
thanks, appreciate it
i think i'm pretty much done with all the cosmetic stuff i'm likely to do. from now on it's gonna be power and performance, although some of those might change the look a bit by their nature.

now that i say that, i gotta admit - i might just mod the engine bay if i get bored and don't have cash for the power/performance stuff. i got plenty of ideas for the bay!

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #184
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
thanks, appreciate it
i think i'm pretty much done with all the cosmetic stuff i'm likely to do. from now on it's gonna be power and performance, although some of those might change the look a bit by their nature.

now that i say that, i gotta admit - i might just mod the engine bay if i get bored and don't have cash for the power/performance stuff. i got plenty of ideas for the bay!
Fair enough, can't go wrong with performance mods that's for sure! Leave the remaining cosmetic stuff for filler between the big mods
What's on the top of your performance 'to-do list'?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:52 AM   #185
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go big or Go home View Post
Fair enough, can't go wrong with performance mods that's for sure! Leave the remaining cosmetic stuff for filler between the big mods
What's on the top of your performance 'to-do list'?
well, at the top of that list would be the camshaft that's waiting for me in MO

i'm torn between a TT kit or a mess of suspension mods after the cam...not sure which way i wanna go first

Old 03-01-2014, 02:12 AM   #186
OzzySS

so...couple of things today...first, i went and got the car back this morning - they finished with it late yesterday, so i was already at work when they called. they actually did a pretty good job painting, from what i can tell -

they even got back behind the black plastic.
but, this being hawaii, they couldn't let me completely satisfied...some jerk must've gotten his foot caught on my wideband hptuner wire, and yanked hard enough that they pulled the plug out of the back of my AFR gauge
and they left it!!

fortunately, it's not that hard to fix, but still...idiots.

anyway, got it home, fixed that, and decided i wanted to install my new lights before work. so, i took one last pic of stock amber lights -

and then plugged in the new ones - these are stage 2 brightness switchbacks from Diode Dynamics, btw

then i ran into an issue with the white running lights not working, but i was running out of time before work. so i had to come back to that tonight. but first, i fixed the hyperblinking with their resistor kit. had to do some trial and error, since my wires aren't coded like their video, but i eventually got it...driver side you want to tap black and the blue/white stripe, passenger side will be black and...whichever color isn't the brown striped one, i already forgot - sorry.
you can see it looks like a tight fit already since i never moved my washer bottle...but the passenger side was REALLY tight...

turns out, in order for the running lights to work, you've got to have the bulb installed a certain direction. i couldn't find any way to indicate which direction is needed, so if you turn yours on and it doesn't work, flip it. the connection on these is way more touchy than i would like too - i bumped them during reinstall and they'd lose connection but, eventually i got them in, and zip-tied my resistors to my washer bottle and radiator fill tube for now. they get pretty warm, but not hot.

and here's a look at the running light...

Old 03-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #187
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
well, at the top of that list would be the camshaft that's waiting for me in MO

i'm torn between a TT kit or a mess of suspension mods after the cam...not sure which way i wanna go first
Other than the ridding of any remaining wheel hop in the back, which is a must, I would not waste any money on suspension mods as far as handling is concerned. The 1LE serves well right out of the box in that department. You might as well have bought a regular SS if you are going to be replacing everything (again), and modded that one instead.

Unless its all about aesthetics and wheel to fender gap, then I can see your point I guess .

TT is da shit, no ifs or buts, but normally aspirated rocks as well, if you are willing to live with 500 wheel permanently.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #188
OzzySS

perhaps i was misleading with my phrasing...when i said a mess of suspension mods, it was really only a handful that would be a mess once unboxed - specifically the now-unavailable pfadt ZL spec 3 package.
personally, i don't much care about dropping the car any, but i wouldn't say no to a nice set of coilovers.
but, i might have a deal on Monday for TT...so if that turns out to be something acceptable, it looks like i'm going that route in the near future instead. which means i'll have a super-rare set of tri-y headers for sale soon lol!

Tags
1le, 2013, npp, ozzyss, rally yellow