Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
bindu

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Unhappy Issues are killing me!!!

I bought a brand new 2014 Camaro 1LT. It currently has 6100 miles and i have been to dealership 3 times for issues. One day i heard some clicking sound coming from engine compartment. I immediately made appointment with dealer and took it for checkup next morning. Dealer looked at it and found everything was normal even i didn't hear that sound. Only similar clicking was clicking of fuel injector. Dealer said it was normal.

I took it home to find next day Check Engine Light was on. I called immediately and got another appointment. When i went there they asked me to drop my car and they said they will drop me at home. But then they said my home was too far about 20 miles from dealership so they cant drop me. I was ok with waiting. After waiting for 3 hours or so they told me it was fixed. Cylinder 3 was misfiring, but they said it was not issue with cylinder instead it was a service bulletin so they had to re-program to upgrade software of PCM per condition document no. 3708255.

Well drove it for another 2-3 days and haven't seen CEL light, but this morning when i started my car i saw my stereo screen was black with blue oval shave on it. I thought it was software glitch as songs were playing. I turned off my car. Got out of car waited few minutes and turned back on to see same problem.

This all has happened in past week. I am so pissed off. I thought new cars are supposed to be tension free. I have to skip my work. Go to dealership to get looked at it. I hope this is my last time for these kind of issues.
bindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Dang... sorry to hear the issues. Hopefully you'll get to start enjoying it very soon.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Did you try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes & let the entire system reset? Maybe the dealer should have done so when they reprogrammed the update? Regardless would try that before going to a dealer again.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
bindu

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Did you try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes & let the entire system reset? Maybe the dealer should have done so when they reprogrammed the update? Regardless would try that before going to a dealer again.
I can do that but i will prefer dealer to check it rather than hearing them say sorry what ever you did caused issue.
bindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
I have a clicking type noise from the front end when I have my foot on the gas. Still there but quieter when my foot is off. Is that similar to your issue.
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindu View Post
I bought a brand new 2014 Camaro 1LT. It currently has 6100 miles and i have been to dealership 3 times for issues. One day i heard some clicking sound coming from engine compartment. I immediately made appointment with dealer and took it for checkup next morning. Dealer looked at it and found everything was normal even i didn't hear that sound. Only similar clicking was clicking of fuel injector. Dealer said it was normal.

I took it home to find next day Check Engine Light was on. I called immediately and got another appointment. When i went there they asked me to drop my car and they said they will drop me at home. But then they said my home was too far about 20 miles from dealership so they cant drop me. I was ok with waiting. After waiting for 3 hours or so they told me it was fixed. Cylinder 3 was misfiring, but they said it was not issue with cylinder instead it was a service bulletin so they had to re-program to upgrade software of PCM per condition document no. 3708255.

Well drove it for another 2-3 days and haven't seen CEL light, but this morning when i started my car i saw my stereo screen was black with blue oval shave on it. I thought it was software glitch as songs were playing. I turned off my car. Got out of car waited few minutes and turned back on to see same problem.

This all has happened in past week. I am so pissed off. I thought new cars are supposed to be tension free. I have to skip my work. Go to dealership to get looked at it. I hope this is my last time for these kind of issues.
bindu,

Sorry about the various vehicle concerns on your new Camaro. I understand the displeasure when dealing with matters like this. Although you're seeking opinions from others, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #7
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindu View Post

As long as the stereo screen wasn't trying to put this blue oval on it, you'll be ok.Name:  ford.png
Views: 274
Size:  38.6 KB
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel, clicking, issues, mylink