Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #155
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Spy photographers from Camaro5.com have spotted what appears to be a prototype for a range-topping Camaro SS just outside of General Motors' proving grounds in Mesa, Arizona.
He was talking about the site.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #156
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
I want to be a spy potographer! Wheres the link to apply for that job here at the great CAMARO5.com?

Old 03-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #157
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I'm sorry if I'm repeating a similar observation another member has already made, but I think I noticed something peculiar; If you look at the wheels on the other prototypes in other spy shots you'll notice that it appears as if the front wheels are smaller than the rears, (the latter appear to be a deep-dish design) compare the rear wheels to the fronts on the proposed SS model in the photo on the first page and they look similar if not exactly the same. I could be wrong???
Old 03-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #158
Punchy

Drives: Dub
Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help to ya guys. I don't know much of anything...I was actually given a link to the site after I found out some shots of the Camaro had been taken at the Proving Grounds.

The Camaro was allowed to drive off property that day so I was relieved to hear the pictures weren't taken ON property and leaked out.

I can't give out any information that's not out already. Sorry guys. Damn integrity!

The car is damn sweet though. I feel like GM FINALLY scored a hit with the interior of this car. Oh and the exhaust note......is an eargasm.

BUY GM!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #159
TotalDomination

Drives: 2001 Chevy Silverado
Eargasm.... EARGASM!!!!!!! WHAT A TEASE!!!!!!!! Integrity totally respected though.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #160
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help to ya guys. I don't know much of anything...I was actually given a link to the site after I found out some shots of the Camaro had been taken at the Proving Grounds.

The Camaro was allowed to drive off property that day so I was relieved to hear the pictures weren't taken ON property and leaked out.

I can't give out any information that's not out already. Sorry guys. Damn integrity!

The car is damn sweet though. I feel like GM FINALLY scored a hit with the interior of this car. Oh and the exhaust note......is an eargasm.

BUY GM!
I just wanted to let you know on behalf of this site that you witnessing for us means that we love you unconditionally; and that you having that eargasm and posting here is almost like us being there ourselves. Now go get us some photos! And we welcome you to our community.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 03-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #161
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Welcome punchy, and I hope you provide us with as much information as you're allowed as soon as you're allowed to do so. You'll have people hanging on every one of your posts if you do.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #162
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
so punchy this camaro sounds better then the others, right ?????? dont lie i will send the black suv to your door
Old 03-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #163
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:

BUY GM!
Glad to have you here Punchy, I've got one question that you might be able to answer. Why would the Camaro be allowed to leave the proving grounds other than to get caught on camera?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #164
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

BUY GM!
Welcome to the site! NOW PM ME W/ MORE DETAILS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
Glad to have you here Punchy, I've got one question that you might be able to answer. Why would the Camaro be allowed to leave the proving grounds other than to get caught on camera?
Good question!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:10 AM   #165
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
True, but we are talking "forced" induction now. Cowl induction was used to get every last HP from an NA motor at speed (a la Nascar) but isnt needed in this situation. Thats blower is gonna suck in whatever air (and possibly birds) it can from wherever. Maybe something like a FTRA could be used to get plenty of cool air into the blower. I do like the little scoop though, hopefully they can just move the latch over and have a straight shot to the intake.
now you mean so that it can be like the new ZR1 right? i know I'm being kinda slow on this but I'm just trying to understand, because as far as i know the vent on the front of the vette will be functional.

punchy you can't give us just a tid bit?!?!?!?! PLEASE ANYTHING MAN!!!!!!:upset:
Old 03-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #166
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WOW; more pics'?!!! OMG!!! Welcome Punchy and LS9CamaroSS; this site's blowing-up, LOL!

At first, I thought the shots, with the stripes, were Photoshop'd or something, but since Father made his statement, I guess they are legit'. I'll add that I love them and really like the idea of GM considering a little retro' thinking and going back to the origins of the car. I'd love hockey sticks on my car and just hope that they can come up with some color combinations that will blend together nicely.

All this talk of whining is making me very happy. I'm actually going to be putting my '02 on the market so that I can be in a better position to pick one of these whining cars up in a few years. I hope I can be without a somewhat fast car for that long.

Thanks to all of you that are being so generous with your information and images!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #167
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED AN APRIRIN!!!!!! TYLENOL,IBUPROFEN, ZYTORIN, AND A DEPEND! I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK AND WETTING MYSELF IN THE SAME INSTANCE!

SHE IS BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #168
nikecar

Drives: None
take a break, leave the training grounds when the SS leaves, and take pictures. You are totally legal and can freely post what you hear and see outside the compound.

Closed Thread