Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
2013 black 1LE here in France. Cheers! :-)
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:08 PM   #16
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by army1le View Post
I'm in Germany I have a 14 CRT 1LE.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #17
army1le

Drives: 2014 CRT Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
How are you guys doing passing inspection in europe?
army1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #18
pete-1le
pete1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:

Do you mean for the 1LE or just in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #19
army1le

Drives: 2014 CRT Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
either.
army1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #20
pete-1le
pete1le

Quote:
Did you import your 14 1LE from Texas? Has it arrived in Germany yet?

Before I could get mine registered in the UK I had to have some modifications made to the car. In the UK we have an IVA test that needs to be passed before you can register the car with the Vehicle Licensing Agency in the UK.
They are very strict and I had problems with the lights and the wheels.

On the 1LE the ZL1 wheels stick out slightly further than the body of the car and that was an instant failure, I had to get some stock SS wheels to overcome that problem.

The headlights are flat-beamed so it wasn't a problem and the lights did not need to be re-aligned. If you've got the HID lights like me, they are not "EU/E Marked" so they are also am inspection failure. The company I used had to temporarily swap the headlights with "EU/E Marked" head lights to get it through the test.

The DRLs had to be disabled, and the rear turn signals changed from Red to Amber. Additional side LED amber repeaters were drilled into the wing mirrors too. An additional switch for a fog light was required and the fog light replaced one of the rear reverse lights.

I'll try and send you some pictures/videos if you like.

Regards,

Peter
Old 03-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #21
pete-1le
pete1le

European 1LE Owners Map:

Go to: http://www.1le.uk/?page_id=43

So guys, this is my map of the confirmed 1LE owners so far. If you want to PM me a photo of your car with the European license plates on, please include your city and name/alias and I'll add you to my map :-)
Old 03-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #22
pete-1le
pete1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Yes.

Transportatiing Sledge across the pond will cost me less than me travelling economy class for starters .

Why? Well I have a house there...I think that's as good a reason if any at all to start. It will certainly beat renting some 1.2L car, loll.
It would be interesting to see how you are able to get you and the car over to Europe and being able to drive it when you both get here.

From arriving at the docks in New York, it took 15 days to get it through US customs and loaded into a container.

Then you're looking at another 16 days to The Netherlands to get it transshipped to your destination, another 3 days.

Your then looking at another 7 days to get it from the port to your shipping agent for collection.

If you're registering the car in Europe you'll need modifications to the lights and then undergo a strict Vehicle Agency test (IVA). For that you're looking at an additional 4 weeks.

If I were you, I'd fly economy class to get here because 3 months in a dark camaro trunk is not going to be a very nice experience.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #23
pete-1le
pete1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
2013 black 1LE here in France. Cheers! :-)
Hi Punk_rider, I think you are the closest person to me in Europe with a 1LE.
Can you upload a photo of your car so that I can add you to my European Owners map. :-)
Old 03-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #24
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-1le View Post
It would be interesting to see how you are able to get you and the car over to Europe and being able to drive it when you both get here.

From arriving at the docks in New York, it took 15 days to get it through US customs and loaded into a container.

Then you're looking at another 16 days to The Netherlands to get it transshipped to your destination, another 3 days.

Your then looking at another 7 days to get it from the port to your shipping agent for collection.

If you're registering the car in Europe you'll need modifications to the lights and then undergo a strict Vehicle Agency test (IVA). For that you're looking at an additional 4 weeks.

If I were you, I'd fly economy class to get here because 3 months in a dark camaro trunk is not going to be a very nice experience.
For starters, the transportation business is my trade , I do not live in the US, and there is no need to register the car with plates at my final destination(not all EU member states have the same rules). I'll be there as a "tourist" long story short without getting into the fine details here.

This is common knowledge in our tribe, many have been doing it for years, it's not like my idea is unique, but to be in the transportation business def helps price wise.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #25
pete-1le
pete1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
For starters, the transportation business is my trade , I do not live in the US, and there is no need to register the car with plates at my final destination(not all EU member states have the same rules). I'll be there as a "tourist" long story short without getting into the fine details here.

This is common knowledge in our tribe, many have been doing it for years, it's not like my idea is unique, but to be in the transportation business def helps price wise.
That sounds pretty cool! I wish I could have traveled on the ship with mine :-) Are you able to keep Sledge in the EU or does she have to get shipped back? You should post up about this story when you're closer to the time. :-)
Old 03-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #26
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
That sounds pretty cool! I wish I could have traveled on the ship with mine :-) Are you able to keep Sledge in the EU or does she have to get shipped back? You should post up about this story when you're closer to the time. :-)
I won't be travelling with Sledge, but like you touched up in your previous post, I'll have to "time it" or synchronize it properly. I'm very strict when it comes to this sort of thing, maybe too strict, lol.

I have a couple of family members who do keep their rides there permanently. Yes there are "loopholes" on how to do this, but unless you are in the swing of things and on the ball, it can be a headache for some and not worth the trouble, but works great for others who go overseas annually as regular vacation spot.

I tend to be private, I'm very anti-FaceBook meaning I don't post up my life online, lol, like most unfortunately do. IMHO that is naive and silly, I get in arguments with others in family over this. No, I have nothing to hide, this is not what it's about, it's other things that bother me, but I'll tell you what, when the time comes, I'll post up a few nice pics and a brief summary of Sledge's first trip back to his Masters motherland .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #27
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Thanks, I'm beginning to think this car is one of a kind. There's probably a few hundred Camaro's in the UK (just a guess) but haven't come across another 1LE.

I think I saw an 1LE owner on here from Dubai but would be nice to know if there is one a bit closer to the UK or Europe.

Drive it to Top Gear!

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 AM   #28
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbedv94 View Post
Hi Pete, I have a Red Hot 2014 1LE but I live in Vicenza (Italy).

Man I'd love to drive this in italy. I drove a 1.5L panda all over Tuscany. Not the same.

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote