Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Wierd sound from passenger side when car is cold

hey everyone. I've had my 2SS now for about 3 weeks and absolutely loving it.........except for the weird noise I keep hearing that is coming from the passenger side floor area. It does it only when I am accelerating and is definitely more prominent when the car is cold. Could it be the catalytic converters? It's a crackling type sound and when I take my foot off the gas, it gets quiet fast and then it's gone completely until I put my foot on the gas again. It does it whether or not it's a heavy or slow acceleration. Very odd.

anyone every heard of this? I tried doing some searches, but couldn't find anything.

Would love to get some ideas of what it is. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but I'm about to.
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71456 View Post
hey everyone. I've had my 2SS now for about 3 weeks and absolutely loving it.........except for the weird noise I keep hearing that is coming from the passenger side floor area. It does it only when I am accelerating and is definitely more prominent when the car is cold. Could it be the catalytic converters? It's a crackling type sound and when I take my foot off the gas, it gets quiet fast and then it's gone completely until I put my foot on the gas again. It does it whether or not it's a heavy or slow acceleration. Very odd.

anyone every heard of this? I tried doing some searches, but couldn't find anything.

Would love to get some ideas of what it is. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but I'm about to.
Turn your wifes seat heater on and slow down so your not scaring the crap out of her... let her up off the floor so she can see and all should be fine... lol..

Actually, thats the first I've heard of something like this... hope you figure it out soon...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Heater Core

Noisy heater core. Click on the link below...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46740
Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
tightchevelle69
Derrick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Turn your wifes seat heater on and slow down so your not scaring the crap out of her... let her up off the floor so she can see and all should be fine... lol..

yeah, ive heard of this before and i do notice it in ours. it does get annoying to me a little bit that gm couldnt do any better than that with something so simple!

2010 ABM 2SS/RS, A6, home Dec 10th, wifes birthday present!
2007 GMC Yukon XL, 2000 S10 Xtreme, 1969 Chevelle
tightchevelle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
I am having an issue with a sound also from the passenger side of the car or maybe even the dash area. To me it sounds like 2 peices of styrofoam being rubbed together. I will take my car in next week if i cant figure out what it is making that noise.
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Does anyone NOT have this problem? It seems like it affects a lot of Camaros. I just brought mine in and had the one-way valve installed and the problem fixed. A word of advice:

Call the service technician first, tell him there is a service bulletin out for the problem and that it requires a One-Way Valve and save a 2nd trip to the dealership. Most dealers dont have that "valve" in stock and have to order it. The fix takes no time at all once the car cools off.

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
Please tell me GM has updated production to put the fix/valve in all the cars currently being made? Or are they half-assing it and only fixing the cars that customers complain about?
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71456 View Post

I have a problem with a sound on the passenger side too, but it doesn't happen when the wife isn't in the car.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #9
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Awesome info guys, thank you very much. I just called the service manager at the local dealership and he is looking into this so he can get the part ordered so I don't have to make a return trip. Thanks again!
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote