Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
rimirele

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS L99
Anybody from Houston area?

I just bought my 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 about a month ago and I wanted to take my car in to a dealership to get serviced (also do an oil change). I was wondering if anybody around the Houston area could recommend a service department they feel they can offer great service. The two things I wanted to take the car in for are, first, I feel hesitatation sometimes when I am driving and the car shifts to the next gear. I imagined that it would be a smoother ride that. I did do the fuse pull about two weeks ago and I guess I can try that again but I really want to get it looked at. Second, I feel like the front driver side suspension rattles somewhat when going over small bumps on the road. This is my first sports car and I cant really compare it to anything else I've driven but again I dont imagine that this is really what it should sound and feel like. I might sound a little too worried about these things but it doesnt hurt to get it looked at.
rimirele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
I'm from Houston...about the service shop I'm not sure as I'm also trying to find a dealer that knows what they are doing...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
rimirele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
I'm from Houston...about the service shop I'm not sure as I'm also trying to find a dealer that knows what they are doing...
Looks like you've had your car for a few months, have tried different service departments?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
rimirele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post

By the way, nice car!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimirele View Post
I just bought my 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 about a month ago and I wanted to take my car in to a dealership to get serviced (also do an oil change). I was wondering if anybody around the Houston area could recommend a service department they feel they can offer great service. The two things I wanted to take the car in for are, first, I feel hesitatation sometimes when I am driving and the car shifts to the next gear. I imagined that it would be a smoother ride that. I did do the fuse pull about two weeks ago and I guess I can try that again but I really want to get it looked at. Second, I feel like the front driver side suspension rattles somewhat when going over small bumps on the road. This is my first sports car and I cant really compare it to anything else I've driven but again I dont imagine that this is really what it should sound and feel like. I might sound a little too worried about these things but it doesnt hurt to get it looked at.
I can tell you don't take it to Lone Star Chevy.

Those ahole supposedly couldn't repeat the clank you are hearing from the from the front suspension. They claimed to take apart the front suspension and found nothing wrong yet I showed the service rep a video I recorded on my phone that clearly showed the noise.

I know the feeling on the suspension thing and it sucks.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Buckalew up in Conroe has a good service dept... had mine in there a couple of times...
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I've had my Camaro serviced for various things at 3 different Houston area dealers so far.

Davis Chevrolet: oil changes and PDIM update. A bit slow on the oil changes and they couldn't figure out how to do the PDIM software update.

Champion Chevrolet (Hwy6 north of Sugar Land): PDIM software update. In and out with no problems at all.

Classic Chevrolet (Sugar Land): oil changes, recalls, transmission replacement, 15k service, noises from front suspension. No problems on the oil changes or transmission replacement. Never really fixed anything for the front suspension noise but said they reseated the bushings. My biggest gripe with them is their lack of completing all work on the service ticket. I brought my car in for the spoiler nut falling off issue and the HVAC software update last year and they failed to do that work once they couldn't figure out how to do the PDIM software update. Return trip needed when spoiler nuts fell off in the trunk lid a few months down the road. Also, just had them do their 15k service on my Camaro yesterday, which included checking the battery connections and applying something to prevent corrosion at the terminals, among other things. Told me they were all done so I opened my trunk (which was full of stuff) and nothing had been moved. Oops, the tech must of forgot to do the battery work. Jeez, what else did he "forget" to do as part of the service...

I think my best experience was at Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 so they will become my primary service department, even though they are out of my way to get to.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
rimirele

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
I can tell you don't take it to Lone Star Chevy.

Those ahole supposedly couldn't repeat the clank you are hearing from the from the front suspension. They claimed to take apart the front suspension and found nothing wrong yet I showed the service rep a video I recorded on my phone that clearly showed the noise.

I know the feeling on the suspension thing and it sucks.
Did you ever get it fixed? When I first got the car I also heard some grinding on the front driver side wheel but I havent noticed it since. I just figured it was the brakes being new.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
rimirele

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Buckalew up in Conroe has a good service dept... had mine in there a couple of times...
That might just be a little out of my way. But definitely will keep in mind if no one else can help me here in Houston.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
rimirele

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I've had my Camaro serviced for various things at 3 different Houston area dealers so far.

Davis Chevrolet: oil changes and PDIM update. A bit slow on the oil changes and they couldn't figure out how to do the PDIM software update.

Champion Chevrolet (Hwy6 north of Sugar Land): PDIM software update. In and out with no problems at all.

Classic Chevrolet (Sugar Land): oil changes, recalls, transmission replacement, 15k service, noises from front suspension. No problems on the oil changes or transmission replacement. Never really fixed anything for the front suspension noise but said they reseated the bushings. My biggest gripe with them is their lack of completing all work on the service ticket. I brought my car in for the spoiler nut falling off issue and the HVAC software update last year and they failed to do that work once they couldn't figure out how to do the PDIM software update. Return trip needed when spoiler nuts fell off in the trunk lid a few months down the road. Also, just had them do their 15k service on my Camaro yesterday, which included checking the battery connections and applying something to prevent corrosion at the terminals, among other things. Told me they were all done so I opened my trunk (which was full of stuff) and nothing had been moved. Oops, the tech must of forgot to do the battery work. Jeez, what else did he "forget" to do as part of the service...

I think my best experience was at Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 so they will become my primary service department, even though they are out of my way to get to.
The closest dealer to me is actually Davis Chevrolet but I really wasnt too happy with them when I took my truck there a couple of times. I believe I had two oil changes there for my truck and also had my rear passenger side door looked at because it wouldn't open from the inside. I had not noticed but I guess the issue had been when I had aftermarket speakers installed, the installer somehow removed a screw or unlatched something connected to the inside door handle. Well Davis service department noticed this and told me that my warranty would not cover this and they could fix it for $150.00. I know this was my fault for having speakers installed but I'm sure they could have helped me out in someway. Well anyways I never went back.

I bought my Camaro at Mac Haik so I might try them.

My dad just bought a truck on Monday from Allen Samuels and the finance guy there was telling me that they have $9.95 oil change and are open on Sundays. I know it would cost more for Camaro owners but it still might be a better deal than the rest, I will have to call them.

Champion doesnt seem to be too far either, I will have to check them out.

I just wanted to get a feel from the Camaro drivers here in Houston to see if somebody had a specific service department that you feel really comfortable with.

thanks
ricky
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Did you ever get it fixed? When I first got the car I also heard some grinding on the front driver side wheel but I havent noticed it since. I just figured it was the brakes being new.
Nope. The "clank" was never fixed.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
That might just be a little out of my way. But definitely will keep in mind if no one else can help me here in Houston.
Wasn't sure of your location...

Then I second ROLNSLO on Champion Hwy 6. While you're there say Hi to Jerry our Camaro Club president. They are also contributing sponsors to the club... He'll also make sure service does you right...
Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
rimirele

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Wasn't sure of your location...

Then I second ROLNSLO on Champion Hwy 6. While you're there say Hi to Jerry our Camaro Club president. They are also contributing sponsors to the club... He'll also make sure service does you right...
What department does Jerry work?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
What department does Jerry work?
Sales... He's the Inventory Manager so easy to find right there by the front door.