Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 07-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #897
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by five-oh View Post
$2279 coming back from Nationals. Time to order up some new exhaust. What to get, what to get.
Damn very nice...what did you shoot and what place did you come in out there?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #898
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
$2279 coming back from Nationals. Time to order up some new exhaust. What to get, what to get.
OMG !! did you get ? That's Great . What did you place in ?
Old 07-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #899
five-oh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
I had 2083 (690 team, 692 doubles, 701 singles) to finish 56th in allevents, 1297 in doubles for 136th, 3189 in team for 167th and the singles score was good for 317th.
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #900
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Wow, sucks when you shoot a 7 and still come in 317th place! Lol! Good shooting!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #901
five-oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Wow, sucks when you shoot a 7 and still come in 317th place! Lol! Good shooting!
Thanks. That's kinda expected out there with that many people bowling. I think I was in 60th when I left. Its a little depressing when every time you look at the standings you drop 5 spots. lol

Picked up my new arsenal today. Time to start practicing. I bowl the Petersen Classic on Sunday. I'll be happy to average 175 there!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #902
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Didn't bowl last thursday cause I was out of town...but looking and hoping for a big set tomorrow night...wrist has been bothering me the past few days so we will see how that feels...
Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #903
five-oh

Off to bowl the Petersen Classic tomorrow morning. 201 average should net me about 25k. I'll be happy if I can average a buck-eighty. lol
Old 08-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #904
bee sting

Quote:
Off to bowl the Petersen Classic tomorrow morning. 201 average should net me about 25k. I'll be happy if I can average a buck-eighty. lol
So how did you bowl ? I bet there were some top notch bowlers in that tournament .
Old 08-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #905
five-oh

worst I've bowled in it-even worse then when it was at the old house!

I think I average 148 for the 8 games. Looks like another strategy change for next year. Maybe I'll keep in bowling shape over the summer. I usually hang em up after Nationals and play golf.

Chris Loeschetter bowled next to me and has bowled our squad the last couple of years. Super nice guy and winning hasn't changed him at all.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #906
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Sometime Bowling Sucks...

I am involved in a weird situation in my bowling league. On the first night of bowling, the house inadvertently put down a Sport pattern (Wolf, if you must know) on the first five pairs, and the regular "top-hat" league shot on the remaining 22 lanes. Needless to say, scores were down on those five pairs - WAY down. The high series on my team was 456, and the highest set on the five pairs was a 518. There were a number of 210 - 230 average bowler on those lanes. A bit humbling, yes, but everyone faced the same shot using the equipment they brought expecting a league pattern. In my opinion, the winning and losing was fair-and-square.

So, a couple of the more butthurt members filed some sort of protest to have the games thrown out and re-bowled. The house stepped-in and apologized, the league officers consulted with the local association and were apparently told that there are grounds to declare the games null and void and re-bowl them. I can't find any references in the rule book as to what criteria must be met in order to declare a match null and void. The only rule that mentions it is 103, and there is a hypothetical example given involving a rules violation. I don't think there are grounds w/r to the rule book that justify the null and void status because the house screwed-up. What next - protesting a match because of a slow rack? It was then argued that the teams that bowled on the difficult lanes would end up having lower entering averages thus giving them an unfair advantage of higher handicaps. Additionally, it was mentioned that those teams would also suffer from reduced pinfall totals that could affect their outcomes in the standings. Anyway, the league BOD voted to throw out the results of those 5 matches and have the 10 teams involved re-bowl them on some other night.

I'm more than a little aggravated that the three wins we recorded under difficult circumstances that night are being thrown out, and those that lost are getting a do-over. I'm not normally such a douche, but mulligans should only be given during casual golf rounds. If we don't take at least three wins when we re-bowl my team is going to be pretty pissed.

In the grand scheme of things this issue is of little consequence; but my time is being wasted having to re-bowl, the reasoning behind it is flawed, and I can't seem to let it go.

Sorry for the rant - just had to vent!!!
I hope everyone is bowling well so far this season.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #907
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

No, thats bull shit. There is nothing in the rules saying that the league pattern has to be a typical house shot. Tell them to man up and learn how to be versatile. Just because you have a 230avg on a THS doesnt mean squat. If you can carry within 10% of that no matter where you bowl or on any given pattern, then you can call yourself good. But to piss and moan because the conditions were harder than you anticipated, oh well. Learn to adjust. Id fight it if I was you. You bowled on the same lanes and did better. Thats not fair to take that from you.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #908
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
No, thats bull shit. There is nothing in the rules saying that the league pattern has to be a typical house shot. Tell them to man up and learn how to be versatile. Just because you have a 230avg on a THS doesnt mean squat. If you can carry within 10% of that no matter where you bowl or on any given pattern, then you can call yourself good. But to piss and moan because the conditions were harder than you anticipated, oh well. Learn to adjust. Id fight it if I was you. You bowled on the same lanes and did better. Thats not fair to take that from you.
Yeah, I've sent a detailed email to the USBC rules folks to try to get some guidance. Normally I'm the type of person who gets quietly pissed and moves on, but I just can't let the tools have this one so easily. I'll probably protest on the grounds that the rules don't allow for the voiding of a match for anything other than rules violations. We'll see how it goes. The league secretary is going to shit. Oh well, sometimes you just gotta be a dick...
Old 09-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #909
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Im 100% with you. Most of the time, I dont give 2 shits whats going on. But theres 2 types of people I cant handle, lazy and whiners. This definitely falls in with the whiners catagory. Im like you and would typically never speak up and just piss and moan in the car on the way home, but to actually bitch and complain about losing because the oil pattern was too hard is totally unacceptable. I bet if they took all 7 they wouldnt say anything. I just started bowling at a house I grew up in, but stopped bowling there to check out a new house. I used to throw really well there, lanes usually broke pretty well. Started up a league there this year, and they changed the oil pattern to a heavier volume, and Im struggling. All my equipment is drilled very weak because I have a lot of hand, and used to bowling on dryer lanes. So tomorrow Im heading down to buy a ball with a stronger layout. Im not going to whine that its not fair that Im sucking this year because theres too much oil on the lane. I hope you win man. If not, Id quit the league and join another one. Good luck!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #910
bee sting

Well Fall League has started and after 1 week I've shot 594 and 614 . Not to bad for being off sense may . Post more after Tuesday and Thursday nights leagues