Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Has anyone regretting their lambo doors/vertical hinges?

This is something I think I want to get and would like feedback on their lambo doors.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I'm not going to say in regards to the camaro. But was at a car meet today. A Honda accord all riced out had vertical doors and everyone was criticizing it so. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but if it floats your boat then do it
The good thing about those hinges are that you can open them normally as well.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
I'm curious about this as well. Glad you asked this question. I'm sure alot of idiots will comment about how they don't like them on a camaro.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Let the lambo doors be for the the lambo cars.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
nytrorcr

Drives: I.P.C. 2SS vert, 21 wheels
I talked with a stang owner about his doors and he wishes he had never installed them, he told me the supports on his frame couldn't support daily door use with out adjustment every week???????
Old 06-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrorcr View Post
I talked with a stang owner about his doors and he wishes he had never installed them, he told me the supports on his frame couldn't support daily door use with out adjustment every week???????
this is what installers have told me.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I know 4 guys with the VDI kits and the only regrets come from one of them because the shop that did it butchered his fenders. Since all 4 guys are in my car club I see and talk to them daily, they all use their camaro's as daily drivers and none of them have any complaints about the actual hinge. There are 4 different kits that I have seen and I have yet to hear anyone complain about the VDI kit.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I've been told I should get them on mine, but they sure are expensive!! Here's a pic of the doors on a good friend of mine..
Attached Images

rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #9
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
I had been on the fence about these for a while. But over the weekend I talked to a guy who has them on his camaro. He regrets it. He said they always need readjusting and that there is no stop when opening the door regularly and if the passenger just whips the door open, it will bend the hinges and need realigned. I have a couple friends who I've had to lecture a couple times about nice car etiquette and would ruin them in no time. So I decided against them.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
The one person I met that had them did not go as far as saying he regretted getting them. He did say they need to be aligned frquently and he'd not get them again.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
So everyone who has commmented on this does not have them...what about the guys and gals who do have em, what do you have to say?
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
njmike

Drives: Inferno orange Vert
I don't have them but I have been driving for 15 years and in that 15 years I've owned 13 cars, all of them I customized and the more you take your car from stock the more shit you have too worry about and more things break. Keeps it simple and clean.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. Glad you asked this question. I'm sure alot of idiots will comment about how they don't like them on a camaro.
So you're an idiot if you've got an opinion?
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
I have the kit fro Vertical Doors Inc. They also did the install. I haven't had any problems with them and love them. Very smooth operation and the hinges are very strong. I've had nothing but compliments on them. I think they fit the 5th Gen camaro style perfectly. If you don't feel like lifting them up somedays you can still open your doors normally, just not as far as stock. After using them for a month the alignment is still spot on. You would really have to put some force on the door to tweak it. They do take a little getting used to at first but after about a week you'll be open them in one swift, fluid motion. Also being a bigger guy (6'5", 300lbs) I like the extra room with the doors up to get in and out. After talking to people with various kits the only kit I would recommend is the one from VDI. I'm happy with mine and am glad I pulled the trigger on them.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote