Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
Potential hints of a power increase for the ZL1 in Model Year 15

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...more-info.html

The forum member Keeks on this forum seems to have been privy to some inside information regarding the production of the C7 Corvette over the last month.

On the first page which contains pictures of the LT1 and LT4 engines rumored to be included in the C7 Base Vette and a 15 performance version he says this.

"2015 lt4 will be upgrade of camaro zl1 with more hp

Dash similar setup to like xts with cue electronics system.

My previous posts in another thread described dash exactly as I saw it.

No physical tach. It is graphic in middle LCD screen.

ALL othe gauges , like speedo, are physical old school real gauges."

I am curious what you all think. I will try to nail done some more information from him regarding the ZL1 but no luck so far.
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Cammie 2011

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss 1LE and 2013 1LE
Read that on the vette forum also. Should be interesting.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Hmmmm very interesting....
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
ZZZ

I am asking him if he would elaborate further. I was almost dead set on getting a 14 next year trading in my current Camaro and sending it over at KDi but at this rate I may just wait. I wonder if these rumors are true what kind of horsepower increase we will see on the ZL1 and if it will be sizeable enough so it competes with the next gen Mustang which would be its target at that point compared with the GT500

I am wondering also why they would wait til the 5th Gen Camaros final model year for a release of a power increase although I suppose it makes sense waiting for the C7 Z variant
Old 09-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
For those who have been following the rumors on the LT1 and LT4, what are the guestimates on the size, setup, and power between the two.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I have got to wonder who the person is that is leaking this proprietary information. Many have been fired over this kind of stuff. I know we all find this stuff an interesting read, but I don’t think the people doing this realize the legal risks and consequences in what they are leaking to the web. I know firsthand these sites are monitored by companies like GM for this kind of stuff and it can be easily tracked back to the individuals who do this. I was a long time member on the Corvetteforum. Back when the C6 was being released two of my co-workers/friends were fired from GM for leaking this kind of stuff on the web. In fact, the pictures they posted wound up on the cover of a popular mag. Photos were uploaded from their home and with the help of GM legal, HR, and the Corvetteforum it was tracked back to the common IP address they were using to login. People need to think before they post. Like I said… I know it an interesting read, but there can be serious consequences for those that post this kind of stuff... Just food for thougt.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
ZZZ

The guy is an ex pro hockey player and a long time member on Corvette Forums. He has been pretty open on who he is and is not an actual employee of General Motors.

The legal and moral ramifications have been discussed at length and it's been widely accepted that unless he sees financial gain from this there is no legal argument against what he is posting.

He obviously has a connect though and is utilizing it. It seems like alot of people are taking his posts at face value which is rare over there and he keeps coming out with more information.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
I am asking him if he would elaborate further. I was almost dead set on getting a 14 next year trading in my current Camaro and sending it over at KDi but at this rate I may just wait. I wonder if these rumors are true what kind of horsepower increase we will see on the ZL1 and if it will be sizeable enough so it competes with the next gen Mustang which would be its target at that point compared with the GT500

I am wondering also why they would wait til the 5th Gen Camaros final model year for a release of a power increase although I suppose it makes sense waiting for the C7 Z variant
I'm thinking that we may see the engine in the Vette first and then it will be brought over into the 6th gen ZL1 which would likely be a 2016 or 2017 model. It just doesn't make any since to put it into a 2015 ZL1 if it's going to be the last model year for the 5th gen. Now if the 5th gen goes into 2016 I could see it happening for the last 2 years of the 5th gen. Either way I don't think they will have the same power rating just like the CTS-V and ZL1. Hopefully it will be more powerful for the ZL1 being that it will be heavier car and Ford has kicked our a** powerwise.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I thought the 6th gen engine was supposed be 32v like the LT5.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
I thought the 6th gen engine was supposed be 32v like the LT5.
Maybe so this is supposed to be pertaining to the ZL1 specific.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
ZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
I'm thinking that we may see the engine in the Vette first and then it will be brought over into the 6th gen ZL1 which would likely be a 2016 or 2017 model. It just doesn't make any since to put it into a 2015 ZL1 if it's going to be the last model year for the 5th gen. Now if the 5th gen goes into 2016 I could see it happening for the last 2 years of the 5th gen. Either way I don't think they will have the same power rating just like the CTS-V and ZL1. Hopefully it will be more powerful for the ZL1 being that it will be heavier car and Ford has kicked our a** powerwise.
That would make the most sense but do you really think GM would release a ZL1 the first year the 6th Gen comes out?

Before reading what Keeks posted I would have bet on your assessment and thats exactly why I would like more info considering I am a potential 14 buyer.

If your right though I would feel a little better buying a current ZL1 though as I would have about 3 years before its completely outdated powerwise for a Camaro.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
The guy is an ex pro hockey player and a long time member on Corvette Forums. He has been pretty open on who he is and is not an actual employee of General Motors.

The legal and moral ramifications have been discussed at length and it's been widely accepted that unless he sees financial gain from this there is no legal argument against what he is posting.

He obviously has a connect though and is utilizing it. It seems like alot of people are taking his posts at face value which is rare over there and he keeps coming out with more information.
I'm not insinuating he is the one leaking the pics... I'm just saying in general that people that have this access need to use their head. It's cool and exciting, but not worth losing your job over or who knows what.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
That would be nice. I have been holding out to see what they have in store for the final year of the 5th gen. I'm hoping for a power bump or special edition.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #14
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
That would be nice. I have been holding out to see what they have in store for the final year of the 5th gen. I'm hoping for a power bump or special edition.
The only thing special may be an exclusive color and interior package but I don't think we will see any changes performance wise until the 6th gen.