Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
1. do not let "them" fix it.
2. Make them compensate you for the value deduction you take.

they should have insurance for this.

Go get the car and take it to the best body shop in town and sent them the bill. Dealerships are notorious for being about the worst paint shops in the world.

the mistake most people make IMO is they think that a dealer does good work. I only use warranty if it really make financial sense. if they will supply the part I will always do the work myself. I do better work than any dealer I have used to date.

on the other side of things though accidents do happen so I think you have to give them the chance to make you happy but don't let them dictate how it all goes.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
the mistake most people make IMO is they think that a dealer does good work. I only use warranty if it really make financial sense. if they will supply the part I will always do the work myself. I do better work than any dealer I have used to date.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
Dealerships are notorious for being about the worst paint shops in the world.

The mistake most people make IMO is they think that a dealer does good work.
You and I are very similar and those are usually my thoughts too. I've been checking on reviews for this dealership's body shop and, so far, they are averaging 4.6-4.8 out of 5 stars. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable. Still pissed though.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #18
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Drives: 2011 C6
If they are fixing it they won't put it on Carfax. It's up to the shop to report it. I had $13K in damage done to my C6 in two separate incidents and neither made it on Carfax. That's with going through my insurance both times and a body shop.

Serviced and modded by Cordes Performance.

2011 C6, 750rwhp, forged LS3, ported LSA heads, Vortech Ti-trim, 227/243 115+4 Lunati cam, ported LS3 intake, Alky Control methanol, Pfadt sways/shocks/trans mounts, Pfadt tri-y headers(Sold 6/28/14)
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
hognutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ChameleonTA View Post
You and I are very similar and those are usually my thoughts too. I've been checking on reviews for this dealership's body shop and, so far, they are averaging 4.6-4.8 out of 5 stars. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable. Still pissed though.

yeah I would be pissed too. maybe they do have a good paint shop. it is so hit and miss with dealers. I have had such mixed luck with them.

if they can keep it off the carfax it would save you the issue of the disclosed accident.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #20
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
They had it a whole week to replace the supercharger? My Dad dropped his of in the AM and picked it up after lunch. Good luck with the fix!
I'm with you on that. When I had my SC replaced, I dropped it off at 7:00 and they called me at 1:00 and told me to come and get it.
God only knows how long it will take then to get the body work done.
Bad break...Best of luck...
TX/ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #21
Jetcop20
Jetcop20

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
Never as good

It will NEVER be as good as it was when U first brought it in for F up service....a week for a supercharger swapout BS..then they crash it....Name:  Last mile 098.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  213.4 KB
Jetcop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #22
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I would be demanding a new car...
Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!! I had my car in to have the supercharger replaced. They've had it a full week as of today. I just received a call from my service writer that they ran into another car backing it out of the stall. This is ridiculous! What are my options here? They said they would need it another week to fix it. I am beyond livid right now.
Wow,

Very sorry to hear about what happened. If you'd like to welcome my involvement, feel free to send me a PM and I will investigate this matter to the full extent.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #24
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
If you really trust their "body shop" then you should be okay. I had my dually at a transmission shop and of course banged the side fender and scratched the side panel. It came back from the body shop looking brand new. I couldn't even tell it had been repaired. It all depends on the shop. Good luck!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #25
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalopeZL1 View Post
The only way it will show up on a car fax is if it is a insurance claim I believe, Not a Police report.. So if they just did it in house out of their pocket you may get lucky. My biggest worry is color matching.. I would almost demand they paint the whole car together.. It will look good now then 10 years later the paints fade at different rates.. For a future collecter car it is a "diminished value" in my eyes
Insurance companies do not report to car fax. I found this out because a friend of mine has the choice body shop here where I live. He said it took some time to find out how cars end up on the car fax report for body damage,[body damage only] and it is thru police reports. When a car is involved in a accident they enter the vin number in a computer and it goes thru the car fax database and is kept there. To further check this out I asked my state farm agent and he confirmed that at least state farm does not report to car fax.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #26
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!! I had my car in to have the supercharger replaced. They've had it a full week as of today. I just received a call from my service writer that they ran into another car backing it out of the stall. This is ridiculous! What are my options here? They said they would need it another week to fix it. I am beyond livid right now.
OH MY GOD! I am dealing with the same thing. I brought my ZL1 in for the SC replacement also. The only person that drove my car was the service advisor. The car was completed in a day and I couldn't pick it up till the following day. Well some Dumbass porter was driving another truck and clipped the front of my car. I had the clearbra redone 2 days before. That was a month ago and I still don't have my car. I told them If I could tell it has been repaired then I would not except it. I also am trying to find out how to do the deminished value when it isn't dealt with an insurance company. If I were you don't let them fix it, unless you trust them to do it correctly. I should have taken mine to the guy that did all my custom paint work. Tell them that you want to choose who is going to fix it and they are going to pay for all and give you a loaner. Let us know how it comes out. Oh just to let you know this is the third dealership that has messed my car up. When I get it back I still need to deal with another dealership to replace 2 of my wheels that they messed up with an alignment machine. You just can't trust anyone any more.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #27
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
sucks..it was an accident. Even if the repair is perfect, you'll never be happy with the repair and always know what happened.
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #28
himmy33
Go Cougs!

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
That’s a horrible phone call to receive. I hope it works out for you. That’s why I am terrified of bringing my car to the dealership.
himmy33 is offline   Reply With Quote