Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #57
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Well generally speaking on a car specific forum you have or want the car the forum is dedicated to. Ocasionally you get the lost souls that come in that have to throw their $.02 in. Me, I like the 427R, and the GT500, and the Challenger. I niether own, nor want to own one of those cars over my Camaro thus i dont feel the need to make myself feel better my trolling on Mustang, or Challenger forums. But hey do whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #58
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
I think I would def take a gt500 over a 427r any day. There is much more potential out of that 5.4 than the 4.6, it would seem that after a little reasearch that the 427r has a similar performance review as a stock SS.

As for the guy with a friend that runs 12.7 all day long BONE STOCK, cudos to him. I was just looking through Mustang Life magazine and the best they got out of it was 13.3 @ 108 mph...
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
Old 08-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #59
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FI4T0MCAT View Post
Well generally speaking on a car specific forum you have or want the car the forum is dedicated to. Ocasionally you get the lost souls that come in that have to throw their $.02 in. Me, I like the 427R, and the GT500, and the Challenger. I niether own, nor want to own one of those cars over my Camaro thus i dont feel the need to make myself feel better my trolling on Mustang, or Challenger forums. But hey do whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Havent you heard? The term troll is no longer PC, please refer to them as "Car people" now
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #60
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
I don't own any of them. I've previously owned Camaros, other Chevys and Mustangs.

I like some stuff about all three of the new retros. I like GT500 a lot but I don't want to spend $50k, so it's out. Of the SS, GT and SRT8 or whatever the fastest one is, I'd pick the SS.

Last edited by Kurt_OH; 08-27-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #61
2032Ceta

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2009 Nissan Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
So I was surfing ebay and found a brand new 427r 2010 mustang for 39995 +ttl. That is around the sticker price for the new camaro I am ordering right after deer season. The 427r says (I believe) 435hp from the s/c 4.6. It also has some other neat things to make it look a bit different from a normal mustang. What's everybody think??????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YOU-W...=p4506.c0.m245
Get the camaro. That Rousch has few more horsepower than the camaro but I think it would be cheaper to mod the Camaro. The 6.2 in the camaro has more horsepower potential (going by cost to mod) than the 4.6 ford which already has a supercharger on it...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #62
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
I think I would def take a gt500 over a 427r any day. There is much more potential out of that 5.4 than the 4.6, it would seem that after a little reasearch that the 427r has a similar performance review as a stock SS.

As for the guy with a friend that runs 12.7 all day long BONE STOCK, cudos to him. I was just looking through Mustang Life magazine and the best they got out of it was 13.3 @ 108 mph...

Here's a link, those cars will embarass you'll on the streets because you'll have to try to find the absolute worst times ever posted for the cars.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ang/index.html
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #63
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
You call it trolling, I call it posting a opinion, or correcting misinformation. Take a good look at the Evo post. I guess people are trolling in that one as well...

Said it many times before. If you want to just stick to one brand and only post in a board that has it, fine. Nothing wrong with it. Others may not want to do that and hey, that's what makes the world go round.

Thus the reason the creator's of this site made a VS. forum.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #64
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD BRAD View Post
why are u mustang guys on here. dont u have ur own site i really dont care to hear about stupid roush mustang if u put enough hp in a ford escape it will out run anything i bet u blue oval boys will find a way to supercharge skateboard next and out run us all....
Honestly without them here I would probably be banging my forehead off the wall after trying to read some of the crap posted here. Misinformation being corrected by people who know the real information? I like it.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #65
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2032Ceta View Post
Get the camaro. That Rousch has few more horsepower than the camaro but I think it would be cheaper to mod the Camaro. The 6.2 in the camaro has more horsepower potential (going by cost to mod) than the 4.6 ford which already has a supercharger on it...

unless the parts now available for the Camaro drops about 1/3, you can get similar Mustang parts cheaper.
But being the Camaros bigger displacement engines I would assume you would get more power out of equal parts.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #66
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
Havent you heard? The term troll is no longer PC, please refer to them as "Car people" now
Where is your camaro? You must be trolling...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #67
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Have to agree with Black on his point. Been helping a friend get a mod list going for his soon to be purchase Maro, and man the prices are a little steeper for things on the bowtie side.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #68
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
You call it trolling, I call it posting a opinion, or correcting misinformation. Take a good look at the Evo post. I guess people are trolling in that one as well...

Said it many times before. If you want to just stick to one brand and only post in a board that has it, fine. Nothing wrong with it. Others may not want to do that and hey, that's what makes the world go round.

Thus the reason the creator's of this site made a VS. forum.
Actually I am a member of a few other Camaro sites, and they also have a VS section. that section is for us members to discuss the competition, not have the guys that own the comptetiton create accounts and post in that section. Also the misinformation the mustang guys post on here is just as bad as what the Camaro guys post. If you want to correct that kind of stuff, then correct the guys who say a mach 1 runs door to door with a LS1 car stock to stock. Dont get me wrong the mach 1 is a great car, but the ls1 beats it. Proof my wifes LS1 camaro (the orange one in my sig) Completely stock down to the paper air filter ran a 12.97 at the local track. Brandons bone stock mach 1 never made it above 13.34. Not a huge margin, but its still noticable. Fords general mustangs performance its usually sub camaro level. However Ford always has some version of a mustang eg GT500 that will beat a camaro.

Here is a news flash for all of you guys who think i am a mustang hater. I am not I OWN A MUSTANG. I dont like all of the "my mustang is better" crap on here any better than i like the "my camaro is better" crap that happens on the mustang forums. Now if you want to post in the vs forum then by all means do so but then keep it on topic, not ranting about what someone elses posts were about. He has a right to make those posts ITS A CAMARO FORUM how hard is that to understand? Anyway I appreciate your refraint from being an @$$h-le and keeping it civil.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #69
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Actually I am a member of a few other Camaro sites, and they also have a VS section. that section is for us members to discuss the competition, not have the guys that own the comptetiton create accounts and post in that section. Also the misinformation the mustang guys post on here is just as bad as what the Camaro guys post. If you want to correct that kind of stuff, then correct the guys who say a mach 1 runs door to door with a LS1 car stock to stock. Dont get me wrong the mach 1 is a great car, but the ls1 beats it. Proof my wifes LS1 camaro (the orange one in my sig) Completely stock down to the paper air filter ran a 12.97 at the local track. Brandons bone stock mach 1 never made it above 13.34. Not a huge margin, but its still noticable. Fords general mustangs performance its usually sub camaro level. However Ford always has some version of a mustang eg GT500 that will beat a camaro.

Here is a news flash for all of you guys who think i am a mustang hater. I am not I OWN A MUSTANG. I dont like all of the "my mustang is better" crap on here any better than i like the "my camaro is better" crap that happens on the mustang forums. Now if you want to post in the vs forum then by all means do so but then keep it on topic, not ranting about what someone elses posts were about. He has a right to make those posts ITS A CAMARO FORUM how hard is that to understand? Anyway I appreciate your refraint from being an @$$h-le and keeping it civil.

Hmmmm, your's wife's Camaro is the rare exception, not the rule, while that Mach 1 is about everage. Not every 4th gen LS1 was a 12 second second car and not every driver is a 12 second driver.....
Old 08-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #70
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
On the link for the roush.... 12.4 at 108, that's a pretty low trap speed isn't it? I've seen mustang gt's trap 107 at low thirteens with minor boltons and tune.

Closed Thread