Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #29
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustbeaCamaro View Post
I notice the parts list from the 2014 1le is different from the 2013 1le? Is this correct and has it made a noticed difference in road track performance?
I can't speak to why the parts list for 1LE changed 2013 to 2014, but all the documentation on it that I've been able to find indicates that to be the case.

I assume, and all the standard caveats apply with that word, that it is in some fashion related to the refresh / restyling that occurred between the two model years, but I can't say that's the case with any sort of certainty.

The subframe bushings being absent from 2014 / 2015 1LE package is something I'd like to understand the reasoning behind. I suspect accountancy is the root cause there, but what do I know? From everything I've read, upgraded subframe bushings are one of the best fundamental mods for our cars, and the GM engineers, had obviously listened, as evidenced by the 2013 package, and the Z/28's.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #30
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
I can't speak to why the parts list for 1LE changed 2013 to 2014, but all the documentation on it that I've been able to find indicates that to be the case.

I assume, and all the standard caveats apply with that word, that it is in some fashion related to the refresh / restyling that occurred between the two model years, but I can't say that's the case with any sort of certainty.

The subframe bushings being absent from 2014 / 2015 1LE package is something I'd like to understand the reasoning behind. I suspect accountancy is the root cause there, but what do I know? From everything I've read, upgraded subframe bushings are one of the best fundamental mods for our cars, and the GM engineers, had obviously listened, as evidenced by the 2013 package, and the Z/28's.
The 13 1LE used what is referred to as the "green" subframe bushing which is the color of the adhesive used to hold them in. At one time there was a 1LE package and then a 1LE SCCA T2 package that included the subframe bushings. I just looked for it and can't locate it anymore with "the Google".

The V6 package is a different part number as I believe it includes the carryover SS front springs required to install it. SS owners just need to swap theirs.

Matt

Last edited by Dropspeed; 09-10-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #31
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Thanks Matt, suspected you'd be the one with the answer.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #32
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Thanks Matt, suspected you'd be the one with the answer.
I try to help if I can.....Lots of misinformation gets thrown about and I hate to see someone base a purchase or upgrade on something that is stated in a forum online, but really not needed.

I did find the picture, but when you link to the site it as been changed to the one without the sub frame bushing in it.

Matt
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #33
SSmitch

Drives: 14 2SS/RS/1LE
[QUOTE=Shutudwn;8617486]You are right about that. My last car was an 03 Cobra. Really hard to beat the low end supercharged torque they make. If you have never experienced that sensation before the Camaro should suffice, but to those that know better well......[/QUOTE

I had an 03 too.... You are correct

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Livernois Motorsports:
Ported Heads, TB & Intake.
2 R Max Cam (W/upgraded dual valve springs & pushrods)
Kooks 1 7/8" SS Headers, HF Cats & NPP Exhaust
MSD Wire Set/Roto-Fab CAI
Elite Oil Catch Can/GM Oil Catch Can (Clean Side)
Custom Tune 93 Octane
500 WHP 453 WTQ
Sound Bite:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBUYF1Ce9Q
Dyno Run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPE6DrtnVfo
SSmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #34
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
FYI ,it has a smoother ride too. And the 8 speed auto trans is just magnificent. Shifts faster than I can shift my 6 speed in my 1LE . And I can row the gears with the best of them. Don't get me wrong , I like my 1LE and will keep it 1 more year . I think the 6th gen Camaro SS with the 8 speed and LT1 will be head and shoulders better than the 5th gen .
In ways other than the main reason you'd buy a 1LE in the first place, that's likely going to prove correct. An 8A would change the character of the 1LE too far - just being able to drive it the same way somebody's maiden aunt drives her 4-cyl Camry would be a step in the wrong direction for that car.

Norm
Old 09-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #35
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Drives: "La Bamba" 2SS/RS Blue Ray Met 1LE
Quote:

Thanks
MustbeaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:22 AM   #36
tub2k10

Drives: 2014 camaro
Why don't we just call it a zl1 without the supercharger. ...i mean basically

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk
tub2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:26 AM   #37
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tub2k10 View Post
Why don't we just call it a zl1 without the supercharger. ...i mean basically

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk
ummm because is it not!

I will repost what was stated a few posts above. Helps if you read a thread before posting.

The ZL1 is an all around bruiser that can be driven and is faster stock on a road course and drag strip. For very little money the ZL1 can make even more power.
The 1LE is a more focused track day car that can be up to 300+ lbs lighter than the Zl1. I would never call it an N/A ZL1 as there are two many major difference: ZL1 has Magna ride, a much stronger (heavier) rear differential/axles, 6-piston front brakes/ 2-piece rotors, and the aforementioned supercharger. It really is a different beast.