Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
IOMss11

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange metallic 2SS
CEL & stabilitrak/traction lights on, tach not working

I'm currently trying to pass inspection for my EVAP. My tuner went in the cp and tweaked some things about 2 weeks ago, to help pass, passed for 02 sensors just have to cycle the car a few.more times until it resets apparently.

Went to go out after parked for about 10mins after.my usual 20 min drive to my girlfriends house and the car had trouble starting, and when it did, the CEL, stabilitrak, comp mode and traction lights all came on at the same time and it was running rough. I drove for about 300yards , shut down the motor and restarted and it didn't want to turn on kept cranking for 4-5 secs then finally turned over.

Then I had also noticed the tachometer wasn't working RPMS just sat (on gauge ) while car was running. I let the car sit for about 2 hours came back and started right up,.now just CEL and no 3 yellow traction/ stabilitrak lights are on. Had anyone heard of something so wacky?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:34 AM   #2
pomomp

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE (2014)
Currently facing the same issue. Bought a starter motor as most people here figured that would be the cause. But some recent comments threw a doubt in my mind as the crank isn't slow, it cranks at normal speed. So I'm more confused now!
pomomp is offline   Reply With Quote