Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #43
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
SLP / MAGNAFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by revron View Post
97one thanks

I've had the loud exhausts before I don't wont another one.
I did go and listen to the lm 2 and the powerflo, they both sound good. but I think I would go for the powerflo. I listened to scrmings exhaust again also which I like and its less money. May be I need to go down to my local muffler shop and talk to them first. 700 bucks for an axle back is a little high.
thanks
Ron
RON ,
This is the post I meant..................
Originally Posted by camaro guy "Quote"
i guess no one checked out SLP loudmouth II. they simply have the best that will be produced.

YES the sound is VERY GOOD.........
What I don't like :
#1 Their price is much more then a better made MAGNAFLOW system of the SAME type. MAIN REASON is they DON"T want to Discount it much......only 10%...........
#2 The way it is made on a AXLE-BACK system : Magnaflow has 6 hangers that are SHAPED (To help keep them in place) like the orig. ones. SLP are just straight rods, UNLIKE on any other systems I have seen. AND they only have 2............UNLIKE any other system around.
Also Magnaflows Mufflers are welded to all pipes (more labor) should cost more.
PLUS magnaflow gives you much more pipes ( should cost more also) Their Axle-back goes in front of the axle (Like it or not) You get MUCH more for your money.
But Magnaflow at this time does not have a system for the V6 (only for the V8) Like the SLP W/ the smaller ROUND mufflers.
Don't get me wrong I like THAT SLP system............
I would buy it if was less than the Magnaflow.

But at their price I feel you are getting taken advantage of !!

LESS LABOR, LESS MATERIAL (Pipes & HANGERS)....BUT MORE COST........Makes no sense !

IT should cost LESS than the Magnaflows NOT MORE, SLP cost APP. $150.+ more fo a same type Axle-Back system.............( with Discounts that ARE now avail. )
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #44
revron

Drives: camaro 2lt rs auto silver
97one
I appreciate the time you took to post this,thanks. I could not find it Iwas looking for a post from you.
I went to the magnaflow sit ( minutes ago).I found the 16584 pn. but no sound clip which I would really like to hear. From your post I see the magnaflow could be a better choice.
Thanks again
Ron
revron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #45
97one

Sound clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by revron View Post
97one
I appreciate the time you took to post this,thanks. I could not find it Iwas looking for a post from you.
I went to the magnaflow sit ( minutes ago).I found the 16584 pn. but no sound clip which I would really like to hear. From your post I see the magnaflow could be a better choice.
Thanks again
Ron
Ron,
Go to their site again & click on Cat-Back V6 #16583, It has a sound clip &
the rear Mufflers are the same as #16584

If you can't get it let me know.
If you want to buy it let me know I will tell you where to get the Best price.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #46
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
that sound clip is for the entire system not the axleback. wont sound anything alike. thats a lot more money for an axleback kit. i dont care if you get more pipe or not. and doesnt sound much louder than stock. anyway this is just my opinion. obviously i bought SLP because i like it the best. i will never bullshit anyone about a product, im gonna tell you the good and bad no matter what.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #47
revron

Drives: camaro 2lt rs auto silver
Buddyloc, just posted and a clip from his magnaflow mufflers and tips he just put on.(This was not the axelback kit #16584) . it sounded good. He did not give a pt no. for the mufflers. I will watch, and see if I can get the pt no or the muffers at our muffler shop or order them.
Ron
revron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #48
97one

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
that sound clip is for the entire system not the axleback. wont sound anything alike. thats a lot more money for an axleback kit. i dont care if you get more pipe or not. and doesnt sound much louder than stock. anyway this is just my opinion. obviously i bought SLP because i like it the best. i will never bullshit anyone about a product, im gonna tell you the good and bad no matter what.
I told you I like the sound of the SLP Loud mouth 2, I went to buy it Monday even with their HIGH Price.... but they could not ship it this wk. So I will wait a few wks. and see what else becomes available, ( like Scrming's system )

Ron does not want that loud exhaust that we like.

Magnaflow still does NOT have a system to equal the Loud sound of the SLP LM2 for the V6.

My main problem is you can only get 10% off on SLP, besides the other listed issues.
I can get almost 40% off on Magnaflow
So you pay much more for the SLP for the Same type system.(not talking about the LM2 because Magnaflow don't have that type for the V6 yet)

Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #49
camaro guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
while it does look good... i wonder how much of the drone is attributed to the 4 inch tips... perhaps they are acting like a megaphone...
no offense but this post and a lot of your other posts make me wonder if you know anything about cars.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #50
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
no offense but this post and a lot of your other posts make me wonder if you know anything about cars.
LOL! That makes me laugh!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #51
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
My last car build up: www.v6john.com Car was featured in multiple magazines, including Modified Mustang.... yeah, i know a thing or two about cars... And what I don't know I have more than a few well known names in the automotive world on speed dial... LOL
Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #52
camaro guy

fair enough. you must invest a lot of money in your cars.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #53
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
fair enough. you must invest a lot of money in your cars.
yeah... but they are multi-purpose... My 2005 Mustang was driven 365 days sun/rain/snow... was my show car... and my race car... LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #54
97one

Quote:
just bought a dynapad extreme trunk pad from ebay. 20 sq ft for $89 shipped! light load around 2k
Did you install the dynapad yet ?
If so,how much did it help ?
What's your take on it ?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #55
camaro guy

did the floor of the trunk. need to do the sides and back. hasnt helped one bit yet.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #56
Rygain

Drives: VW Scirocco 2009, Chevy Camaro
Hey, Nice sound !!

I bought the Axle-Back Exhaust, 2010 V6 Camaro "Loud Mouth" w/4" Tips few day ago but I must wait that the car will arrived in France ^^

When I get it, I will post you pics and vids about SLP Exhaust Loud Mouth

Rygain is offline   Reply With Quote