Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Is this an electrical/Engine/? problem im having?

Okay. here is my "everything problem" i've been dealing with on my camaro.

okay i bought my 2010 camaro Jan,2 2010 and it was bone stock from factory with only 9 miles on an LS.

the problems i've been having started ill say around march.. it all start going down hill. i started "modding" it. i added FOGLIGHTS , AUDIO SYSTEM ( composed of an amp and subwoofer) LED lights under the dash ( footwells ) change the dome light and the trunk light. and an exhaust...

and well it ran fine for a couple of weeks. but now im having all kind of problems. and my dealer hasnt been able to narrow it down.

first off. i have an engine code problem. ill get the code from the dealer in a couple of minutes. but i dont know what can be causing it...here is how it start...ill start the car ( it does it at random times ) and it will start like rough idling. sounds horrible and the DIC says " horse power to engine reduced" something similar to that. thats the engine problem im having.

im also having transmission problem. its a V6 M6 and im having the famous 2nd gear pop off , grind problems. the dealer would take care of this. just wanted to point it out .

and im having another weird problem. im getting the Service stabilitrak message on the DIC and a put window up and down messages...

Now what i think can be causing this...i think its either my alternator is already messed up or my battery isnt strong enough/powerful enough. or i need a bigger battery.

the dealer has told me that it can be the BCM or something. but i dont know what can be causing this. they told me that GM/Chevy doesnt cover the bcm or something like that. i dont know what the problem can be and my dealer doesnt know what it can be.

i also have a weak start. so im thinking it can be the battery or alternator....

so please someone help me out on this one. i cant believe what it is. i think that it can be a lemon law...oh and my brakes squeak ive gone for the 3rd time to the dealership. so i dont know what to do. please helppp!!!!!!!!!
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I think you already have the answer... sounds like the voltage is dropping too low. I know it can cause the indexing problem. It probably drops below the threshold it needs when you try to start the car.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
xpanda305x
Banned

what is the voltage suppose to be around? and sorry about the double thread. one was suppose to be set at the Issue place >.<
Old 05-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Car batteries have an almost infinite amount of current they can produce. Adding some lights aren't going to load down a car battery enough to the point where the voltage drop from the lights is going to cause that issue. If he has something shorted out then I could possibly see that. If something was shorted out though, he'd probably also have a dead battery by now. Just for argument's sake though, disconnect every light mod that you put in. If the problem goes away then you know it's your wiring for the lights. If you still have your problem, which I suspect you will, then I'd look to your exhaust and then controller wiring and controllers.

that's my advice... take it for what it's worth
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
xpanda305x
Banned

but...i had these problems. and then i installed the exhaust..so its impossible that its my exhaust..
just say. and i will disconnect everything.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
2 threads... one issue... Dont do that.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84941
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
ummm, its not your exhaust
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #8
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Take the car somewhere where where they can test the battery. That's where I'd start.