Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #99
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
You seem to be the clueless one here.. Not much effort put into this car. Basically they Just slapped on some aftermarket parts that was not even made by them and anyone could buy. People were expecting more like what they do with there mustangs. New bumpers, grills, and GFX etc. There are plenty of better built Camaros on this site that cost less.

I'm not going to argue with you, but Saleen NEVER built a Mustang similar to the rendering of that Camaro. For a long time Saleen Mustangs were just bumper covers, ground effects and rear wings. He didn't change the hood, and He NEVER changed the doors and rear quarter panels. It will come down to MSRP and performance. If the car stickers for just under $50,000 and has performance equal to, or greater than a BOSS 302 and a GT 500, then it should do well. If not, they probably won't move many.

By the way, please show me a car similar to this for less money. Which car on this site has 620 HP, similar body mods, interior mods, wheels and tires, better brakes, better suspension and a 3/36,000 warranty? That car also has to cost around $50,000. Keep in mind that you're buying a complete car, so none of the work can be done buy the owner. You would have to pay labor costs for all of the modifications.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #100
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
I'm not going to argue with you, but Saleen NEVER built a Mustang similar to the rendering of that Camaro. For a long time Saleen Mustangs were just bumper covers, ground effects and rear wings. He didn't change the hood, and He NEVER changed the doors and rear quarter panels. It will come down to MSRP and performance. If the car stickers for just under $50,000 and has performance equal to, or greater than a BOSS 302 and a GT 500, then it should do well. If not, they probably won't move many.

By the way, please show me a car similar to this for less money. Which car on this site has 620 HP, similar body mods, interior mods, wheels and tires, better brakes, better suspension and a 3/36,000 warranty? That car also has to cost around $50,000. Keep in mind that you're buying a complete car, so none of the work can be done buy the owner. You would have to pay labor costs for all of the modifications.
Now I see why you are so confused.. If you think this car will be selling for just under 50k you are out of your mind.. They took the base model 1SS without the RS package and and slapped on some bolt on parts that can all be found on Ebay. My guess is this car will retail for close to 60k or better with all of the options showed in the pics and because of the Saleen name plate. The rendering looked nice, but that is not anything close to what the final product is. They did not put much effort into the appearance of this car at all. If it had been a mustang they would have gone all out with custom bumpers and GFX kits as they always have. I have always liked the look of Saleen Mustangs but this is nothing more than a pathetic attempt of bolting on parts that weren't even made by them and attaching a brand name to it so they can sell them for a high price. Really the only thing custom is the hood and there are alot better looking ones on the market IMO. It was as if they looked at the rendering and said to them selves, "man that looks like alot of work. Forget it lets just buy other peoples parts and bolt them on instead". lol
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #101
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS;
The SMS 620 Camaro has a striking design that makes it stand out in the market. Chief Creative Officer of SMS, Phil Frank notes, “We have incorporated our well-known functional SMS Red ButterflyDual Side Induction Hoodas well as our race-proven aerodynamics in this third vehicle in our SMS Signature Series. The SMS 620 Camaro is a dramatic and iconic visual statement that very clearly bears the SMS design DNA.”

Striking design and a dramatic iconic visual statement?
All that they designed was a hood.. lol You have got to be kidding me. I could pick out 50 Camaros on this site that look way better than his "Striking design and a dramatic iconic visual statement" What a joke.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #102
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Now I see why you are so confused.. If you think this car will be selling for just under 50k you are out of your mind.. They took the base model 1SS without the RS package and and slapped on some bolt on parts that can all be found on Ebay. My guess is this car will retail for close to 60k or better with all of the options showed in the pics and because of the Saleen name plate. The rendering looked nice, but that is not anything close to what the final product is. They did not put much effort into the appearance of this car at all. If it had been a mustang they would have gone all out with custom bumpers and GFX kits as they always have. I have always liked the look of Saleen Mustangs but this is nothing more than a pathetic attempt of bolting on parts that weren't even made by them and attaching a brand name to it so they can sell them for a high price. Really the only thing custom is the hood and there are alot better looking ones on the market IMO. It was as if they looked at the rendering and said to them selves, "man that looks like alot of work. Forget it lets just buy other peoples parts and bolt them on instead". lol

Well, if the car stickers for $60,000 or more, you won't have to worry about seeing them on the street. Nobody will pay that much for a car that isn't any better than a ZL1. If you add the 2SS option and the RS option, then that car will sticker for about the same as a very nicely equipped Grand Sport Corvette. I don't see a market for a car like that. By the way, that body kit would add well over $10,000 to the price. I can't see anyone spending Z06 money for a car that can't out-perform a ZL1. Time will tell...
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #103
10BlkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
620 so that just indicates the stock 6.2? I much prefer my car over that.

Maxima SE (Traded)
Camaro SS
Hummer H3
10BlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #104
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Another entrant into the "let's slap some body work and a supercharger onto a camaro and then charge some suckers $85,000 for it" club.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #105
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Took long enough for this Camaro to be released...
Good for charity, bad as far as pricing.

Don't see the value beyond $55k
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #106
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Another entrant into the "let's slap some body work and a supercharger onto a camaro and then charge some suckers $85,000 for it" club.
Sounds like the Pjd Camaro club.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #107
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Well, if the car stickers for $60,000 or more, you won't have to worry about seeing them on the street. Nobody will pay that much for a car that isn't any better than a ZL1. If you add the 2SS option and the RS option, then that car will sticker for about the same as a very nicely equipped Grand Sport Corvette. I don't see a market for a car like that. By the way, that body kit would add well over $10,000 to the price. I can't see anyone spending Z06 money for a car that can't out-perform a ZL1. Time will tell...
Well over 10k to the price would be crazy for such minimal work.. Your probably right though, thats what they would charge but it would not have cost much to actually make the car look like the rendering. The rendering really just looked like a modified Camaro bumper. There is a new vendor on this site who made his own bumper and had molds made and is selling them for $750 and it looks to be a very good quality product.. In reality the rendering would not have been very expensive to produce but I agree if they did anything custom they would have charged an arm and a leg for it. They just got lazy and hoped the name plate would make them sell. Saleen really needs to stick with Mustangs..