Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Sent you a PM. I'd just be happy for this weather to start to warm up (and stay) at some point.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #30
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Bump...

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
SSMKNU2

So when's the first car show? Cant wait to get the car out this weekend. Might work on installing the drop springs.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #32
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
moving to Champaign/Urbana area at the end of July. hopin' to link up with a crew once I'm out there. you guys ever get organized? also, is there anything I need to know about IL?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
SSMKNU2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
moving to Champaign/Urbana area at the end of July. hopin' to link up with a crew once I'm out there. you guys ever get organized? also, is there anything I need to know about IL?
First year for me owning a Camaro but interested in meeting up. As far as Illinois goes lets see, corrupt Chicago, flat lands, unpredictable weather. That about sums up Illinois.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
What brings you to Chambana?

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #35
atma
disco kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
What brings you to Chambana?
my gf has gotten a job at the university.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #36
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
my gf has gotten a job at the university.
Cool. My nephew works at U of I.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
atma
disco kryptonite

so do you guys ever meet up? have any kind of actual group or crew? roll together to car shows? do non-camaro related things? just curious as to how organized things are around there. I'm guessing you guys are a li'l spread out so perhaps these things are kinda tough?

also, I'm guessing once I move, I'm going to need to get the car inspected when I register it in Illinois. anything I need to know? the car is still stock at the moment, but I do have 20% tint. will I need to remove the tint, get in inspected and then re-tint? or are there places in the area that might "not notice?"
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
No inspections in IL. Although, cook county might require one???

The only place that will beat you up on the tint is cook county.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
atma
disco kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
No inspections in IL. Although, cook county might require one???

The only place that will beat you up on the tint is cook county.
no inspection?!? does that mean no window sticker??

I currently live in MD, where cars only need an initial inspection (brand new vehicles are exempt) so I've never had a window sticker and wasn't looking forward to having one.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #40
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
no inspection?!? does that mean no window sticker??

I currently live in MD, where cars only need an initial inspection (brand new vehicles are exempt) so I've never had a window sticker and wasn't looking forward to having one.
Nope no inspections here ever. Never seen a window sticker...lol We do have to run with a front license plate though, but i havent had one for almost three years and never had a problem.

Sent from my Transformer
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #41
atma
disco kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
We do have to run with a front license plate though, but i havent had one for almost three years and never had a problem.
oh, not a problem. MD has a front plate requirement as well, but I have a removal plate bracket that I can just pop off really easily at shows
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #42
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
so do you guys ever meet up? have any kind of actual group or crew? roll together to car shows? do non-camaro related things? just curious as to how organized things are around there. I'm guessing you guys are a li'l spread out so perhaps these things are kinda tough?

also, I'm guessing once I move, I'm going to need to get the car inspected when I register it in Illinois. anything I need to know? the car is still stock at the moment, but I do have 20% tint. will I need to remove the tint, get in inspected and then re-tint? or are there places in the area that might "not notice?"
We are not very organized yet because like you say, we are all spread out and are about an hour apart. There seems to be a good number of us though from Bloomington, Peoria, Decatur, Clinton, Champaign and Springfield surrounding areas.

I'm a member of the Chicago 5th Gen club. They offer alot of events such as car shows, track days, drag racing, and most importantly, are a great group of people. I don't mind going up there for meets because it gives me time with my Camaro. If interested, go here: www.chicago5thgen.com

It's my goal to hopefully get some of us from the central part together and see where it goes. If there's enough interest and desire to make our own club of Central Illinois owners, then we can look into that.

As for your car, the only thing you might need to change is your tint. I have a 35% tint which is the legal limit for Illinois. Front plate has been discussed already and is required but I don't run one either and have been okay, so far. Again, different county's enforce certain laws more than others.

We will definately be organizing a group to cruise over to Indy in August for C5Fest so watch for that if you're signed up to go. If not, I highly recommend you attend because it's so close to us and if you've never been to Indy, it's a great place for car lovers.