Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-23-2015, 06:53 AM   #57
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron313 View Post
Fast? what do you drive a 6 cylinder haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To put it in perspective. Unless you are heavily modified, my Z06 will put a hurt on your ZL1. My V6 Camaro would put a hurt on my Z06. And my brother's Subaru would take my V6 Camaro.

Never assume your car is faster than another car!
Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #58
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
I just stomped one of these "fast" Subaru's some punk in a newer wrx comes up about 90mph on the hwy and slows up side by side at 70.... He got two + cars put on him to a 110... twice.. and then the thumbs down from me.. you think on wrx forums they are saying they can take us??
In Mexico of course..
I am full bolt on's, full OBX exhaust no cats, Vararam cai. 3.91s tune and such..

A WRX does not mean it's an STi. Big difference between the two.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #59
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
The WRX being the beast.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ru-wrx-vs-sti/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #60
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
on a roll (from 10mph on up), like in the OP, STi wins vs wrx any day of the week. (all stock) from a dig or 5mph roll, seems the wrx has a slight leg up. but there's no doubt that when tuning both cars, sti spanks the wrx in every category. which I'm sure the Subaru's that the OP were going against were modded sti's.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #61
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
I just stomped one of these "fast" Subaru's some punk in a newer wrx comes up about 90mph on the hwy and slows up side by side at 70.... He got two + cars put on him to a 110... twice.. and then the thumbs down from me.. you think on wrx forums they are saying they can take us??
In Mexico of course..
I am full bolt on's, full OBX exhaust no cats, Vararam cai. 3.91s tune and such..
You gave him a thumbs down? That's cool . Why? Should I give the finger to the next bolt-on SS that tries to race me and gets spanked?
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #62
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
You gave him a thumbs down? That's cool . Why? Should I give the finger to the next bolt-on SS that tries to race me and gets spanked?
big boy
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:38 PM   #63
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Not sure which it was.... bring the STI's for that matter.. my forth gen would eat them for lunch from a dig... This 5th isn't quite what the fully modded 99z was but from a roll @70mph... I am not worried. What we talking 35-40 hp sti vs wrx..? They weight like 3400lbs.. I am 3800lbs with a lot more hp.. and a ton more torque. I didn't search him out... He got more than he asked for..

Last edited by Jsafe17; 06-24-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #64
Jsafe17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #65
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
okay coming from AK where modified subarus are common, Theyre awd so its really an advantage for them dig or roll racing but if you race them for a mile or so youll beat them guaranteed my cousins and my friends likes to line up with muscle cars and they will always get the jump but thats about it half way through the mustang/camaros will start creeping in... I like them.

theyre expensive to work on to add power dollar for dollar thats why I end up getting a domestic lol

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #66
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Listen, our cars are heavy, with a good amount of HP. There are a lot of cars we can walk, and quite a few that will smoke us especially when modded. What matters is that we most of the time look a lot better than them
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #67
sterlingRPI

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
Quote:
In Mexico of course..
Well done! WRX isn't as fast as an STi though. And the STi I raced was older and obviously heavily modified.
sterlingRPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:50 AM   #68
sterlingRPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Listen, our cars are heavy, with a good amount of HP. There are a lot of cars we can walk, and quite a few that will smoke us especially when modded. What matters is that we most of the time look a lot better than them
No doubt. My camaro is a head turner (red with black stripes) and always gets a lot of attention. People like to see american muscle cars I guess. Even when I went to Montreal a couple weeks ago, the valet parked it out front, along side an M4 and a 911. Subarus are more like sleepers (except for that stupid STi wing).
Old 06-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #69
sterlingRPI

Off topic, but I am looking for 2 20x9 wheels in polished aluminum (sterling silver). I tried to post in the for sale/wanted section. But I get a message saying I have too many threads?? I only have three threads lol. How do I delete old threads?