Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
gpr

Drives: never fast enough
Questions before I order

I’m about to pull the trigger on ordering a camaro. I wanted to wait till I sat in one first to make sure I fit. Sat in one, now I have to order one! I have a few questions for you guys first.

1. I was sitting in a sunroof model, how much extra head room do you gain with out a sun roof?
2. If I place an order when there is a 0% financing available can I lock that in as part of the deal for whenever it shows up? Is it possible to negotiate 0% financing even though they aren’t offering it on the camaro?
3. What are some of the best deals people have gotten below the MSRP? I will probably order it and my dad is gonna buy a pickup at the same time. I am thinking if we buy two vehicles they better be knocking some off my camaro MSRP price.
4. What is the approximate wait time? A salesman tried telling me it would be 1.5 years for my order to go threw. However, they produced nearly 7000 camaro’s so far in what two months…. I’m thinking sometime at the end of summer it would be here, no?
5. Does the RS package come with the IOM interior or is that a separate option. I thought the RS package included the colored interior but when I build it on line it is separate.
6. I saw a picture with a taller spoiler on the camaro, I liked it a lot better as it is styled more like the 1969’s. Is this one offered from GM performance parts or was that a prototype picture?
7. I’m a huge z/28 guy. I know I know it’s a touchy subject around here. All I want to know is when will GM release specs or info on the 2011 models? I have considered waiting till then as this is a one time deal for me.

anything else i need educated about before i go? thanks
gpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
IsellCamaros
Camaro sales

Drives: beater
You will get whatever financing rates/specials that are @ time of delivery.
IsellCamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
1. About 1.5inches
2. Incentives are for when you take delivery. Cannot be locked in.
3. Financing really can't be negotiated. That's out of the dealers control as it's done by a bank or GMAC. Best deals around are supplier, employee, college, military discount if you're eligible for one of them.
4. It depends heavily upon how much allocation the dealer has and how many orders they've already taken. 1.5yrs is a bit absurd. But you're probably looking at fall at most dealers.
5. IOM interior is seperate. RS package only changes exterior features.
6. There's a high wing spoiler, blade spoiler, and dovetail spoiler that are (or will be) available.
7. Probably next summer when the new model is launched. Earlier would kill sales of the current model. I suspect we'll have a good idea of what to expect before that though. Don't count on a z28.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
1. About 1.5inches
2. Incentives are for when you take delivery. Cannot be locked in.
3. Financing really can't be negotiated. That's out of the dealers control as it's done by a bank or GMAC. Best deals around are supplier, employee, college, military discount if you're eligible for one of them.
4. It depends heavily upon how much allocation the dealer has and how many orders they've already taken. 1.5yrs is a bit absurd. But you're probably looking at fall at most dealers.
5. IOM interior is seperate. RS package only changes exterior features.
6. There's a high wing spoiler, blade spoiler, and dovetail spoiler that are (or will be) available.
7. Probably next summer when the new model is launched. Earlier would kill sales of the current model. I suspect we'll have a good idea of what to expect before that though. Don't count on a z28.
What he said!
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
I sat in one with a Sun Roof and I canceled the Sun Roof because my hair was just touching..I'm 6'2'' Long Torso. So when I got mt 2LT it's the same thing BECAUSE now you have the Reverse Mohawk now on the roof....That's my take ...I could be wrong....Rick
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
if you don't get GMS...............you'll probably pay MSRP (or more). if you want lower than MSRP, you might wanna wait til' New Years.....

i have heard very few getting are below MSRP without GMS.

good luck!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
I'm confused as to what type of incentives would possibly be available at delivery, can you elaborate please?
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
gpr

Alright, thanks guys that helps straighten a few things out. I appreciate it!

Now i have another question. How much is the GM suppliers discount? Also how does that work. I'm not qualified for it, however my brother is. Would his name have to be on the title? Also can i use that with my GM card earnings?

"6. There's a high wing spoiler, blade spoiler, and dovetail spoiler that are (or will be) available. "

okay when will they be available and is it planned to be a factory option or is this an aftermarket GM performance parts item?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
gpr

bump

i'd like to know more about the spoiler. I read today where they are on constraint. Is there a picture of different spoilers that are available, as i didn't see it on the camaro site as an option when i built it online. thanks!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
2LT_Dad

Drives: Lexus
Dealer to Place Order With

Check here on the forum about which Dealer to place your order with. I placed my order in November and am still sitting at 1100. Now, my dealer only had an allocation of 3 Camaros and the first 2 have been sent to production. So, I should be next. But some of the larger Dealers seem to get better treatment from GM and will probably be able to deliver your car sooner (as well as possibly give you a better overall $ deal).

If I had to do it again, I would prefer to drive 500 miles to my Dealer than have one nearby that is treated poorly by GM because that only trickles down to me.
2LT_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote