Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
2013 ZL1 to avoid- Show Vehicle

I was at the Pocono 400 yesterday and saw a beautiful red ZL1. It unfortunately wasn't roped off like the '14 Stingray so there was a line of people waiting to sit in it and everyone was leaning all over the front end to look around the motor compartment.

Vin: 2G1FZ1EPOD9805321

I know its not the end of the world because its not like they were all test driving it but no one was being careful so I'm sure the front fenders and driver seat area are gonna be covered in little scratches that would annoy most people looking to purchase a brand new car.
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
family man

Drives: .
No worse than sitting on a dealers lot.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyosuprablue View Post
I was at the Pocono 400 yesterday and saw a beautiful red ZL1. It unfortunately wasn't roped off like the '14 Stingray so there was a line of people waiting to sit in it and everyone was leaning all over the front end to look around the motor compartment.

I know its not the end of the world because its not like they were all test driving it but no one was being careful so I'm sure the front fenders and driver seat area are gonna be covered in little scratches that would annoy most people looking to purchase a brand new car.
100% agree.

My TF3 came to Omaha directly with the GM corporate people for the 2012 Midlands International Car Show. I first saw the car at this show. One of our local dealers bought the car from GM and I purchased it after it had been on the dealer's show room floor for a couple of months.

It took a lot of effort to get all of the finish scratches out of it. I would never do it that way again.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
No worse than sitting on a dealers lot.
The few hours it was on display before the race is probably the same as a year on the dealers lot with respect to how many people got in and out of it. Also at a dealers lot not everyone is gonna take the opportunity to stretch out over the motor and try to see everything just for the heck of it because dealers will keep the hood closed.
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
When I ordered my first ZL1, the dealer needed to swap with another local dealership. Of course I wanted details and they stated, "The other dealership took the car right off the truck and has had it in the showroom since day 1."

I said; "Sweet, thats perfect, its hasnt been sitting in the elements for months".

Then I went to pick it up...."WTF!!!" The car was covered in small scratches as a result of every douchebag in the galaxy rubbing up against it and sitting in it.....

I walked out and ordered another one....This time directly from GM....Lesson learned and I will never buy another "showroom" car again....
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
As usual, that was probably the most exciting thing that happened at Pocono Raceway yesterday.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
As usual, that was probably the most exciting thing that happened at Pocono Raceway yesterday.
That's Turrible
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyosuprablue View Post

Wow,

Sounds pretty intense. Oh the allure of the ZL1!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
I was also at pocano over the weekend and I agree I would never buy that car it was loaded with nicks and scratches and I saw people all over that car on Saturday and Sunday. Only thing it was not roped off it was just sitting there. I looked at my brother in law and said to him that I would never purchase a car that was on display. Now my ZL1 vert was on the showroom floor and yes it had a little clear coat scratch on it near the passenger rear lens Not many people would even notice this but I would. And another thing is if it had been there long I wouldn't have purchased it but it was on the floor for less than a week. That red ZL1 has very flawed at the show and would stay away from that one.
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Not cheap car tho. Some of us buy theses cars and take really good care of them....
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
When I ordered my first ZL1, the dealer needed to swap with another local dealership. Of course I wanted details and they stated, "The other dealership took the car right off the truck and has had it in the showroom since day 1."

I said; "Sweet, thats perfect, its hasnt been sitting in the elements for months".

Then I went to pick it up...."WTF!!!" The car was covered in small scratches as a result of every douchebag in the galaxy rubbing up against it and sitting in it.....

I walked out and ordered another one....This time directly from GM....Lesson learned and I will never buy another "showroom" car again....

My purchase was a showroom car and it was well cared for. I checked it from top to bottom and even underneath. The only thing I found was a couple of hand smudges on the doors and when I picked it up it was immaculate! It was the car I had been looking for and was just sitting there calling my name! I guess it depends on the dealer. I'm glad you are getting exactly what you want to order.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
roSSco
∞ Smiles per mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White A6
Mine was outdoors, but I don't see any scratches. There was some sand in the rear floorboard.

I'm more worried about the 44 miles of test drives that were on it. I keep telling myself they didn't beat on it, they didn't beat on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
2013 ZL1 #4739
'Heisenberg'
Color - Walter White
Roto-Fab CAI
On Reddit? Check out /r/ZL1/
roSSco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #13
WLNY

Drives: ZL1
I always order mine. Rather not buy one that's been sitting around.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Sometimes showroom cars can be the worse. I'm lucky that my car had been at the dealership only 2 days before I purchased it.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote