Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: If offered through GMPP/GM Accessories, would you purchase the longer stripes?
Yes! I want my stripes to end on the front facia and I will pay more for them. 138 60.53%
No. The current hood length stripes are sufficient. 48 21.05%
I am not getting stripes. It does not matter to me, but I just wanted to answer a poll! :p 42 18.42%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Calling JohnnyCamaro from GMPP! If GMPP offered longer stripes, would you buy them?

There has been a lot of discussion surrounding the length of stripes and how people want them made. Some people are happy with the length of the current production, factory, and to be dealer installed stripes which end on the hood of the Camaro.

Still, some others wish the stripes to continue off the hood and onto the front facia around the non-functional air intake (aka: mail slot).

My question to everyone here is this...

If GMPP/GM Accessories offered for sale, longer stripes at an additional charge to be installed by the dealer ONLY and NOT the factory, would you be interested in purchasing them?

If you answer yes, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add, in a post, what you would be willing to pay for those stripes. Be REASONABLE with your price offer as well. If GMPP sees enough people wanting longer stripes, and they find it a profitable move to make them, it could be possible to actually have CHANGE.

John, if you saw enough people wanting the original hood to facia length stripes, do you think GMPP/GM Accessories would be willing to make them?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
If I get stripes I am getting mine painted on by a good friend who does alot of very highend show cars but I just wanted to answer the poll so I used the third answer, thanks Tag
Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
why just stop at the front fascia? i would prefer they went all the way down the front to the bottom lip below the grill. it gives it a more complete look IMO
i voted the 3rd option

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It has been discussed that longer stripes in the past have led to a lot of wasted product. I feel that the current stripes look great, and waste is just an unnecessary loss unless the profit is significant.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
If the longer stripes are offered I would be willing to pay an additional $100 due to the additional labor needed to install. So, if the current stripes cost $470 it would be hard for me to justify the stripes if the cost goes over $600.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
It's only a few more inches of stripeing....so I don't think I could pay more than $100 over that of what the original stripe package is..but I would like it...
Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I would pay no more than $50 more for vinyl concept stripes.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
If I cannot get the longer stripes, I will not get any and wait to have them painted on after delivery. I would pay $100 over the original stripe package.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
This just isn't a yes it's a "hell yea" I would do it in a heart beat but I couldn't justify paying no more then $100 extra.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
why just stop at the front fascia? i would prefer they went all the way down the front to the bottom lip below the grill. it gives it a more complete look IMO
i voted the 3rd option
Cause its just not camaro like.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
This is exactly why I created this thread.

People like me will have them painted. ...although I'm not going for rally stripes. I'm just doing hockey stripes. But, they will be painted.

If someone out there wants the rallys and wants them further down, speak up! now is your chance to vote and actually have your voice/vote count!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #12
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
I definitely want longer stripes, they do look incomplete and have no precedent in Camaro history. If you're not going to do it right just don't do it!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #13
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Sadily the closest historical comparison to what is planned right now for the 2010 Camaro is the 1992 Camaro Heritage Rally Stripe, and the current paint stripes on the hood of many of the newer U haul trucks. Stripes end in the same location. Middle of the hood.

Factory installed Concept style Stripes would cost no more for the factory to install then the current short stripe idea provided the with the time consuming end pieces around the mail slot were segmented and shipped for dealer install.

IMO... Base 6 cyl cars could get short stripes. SS cars with the mail slot however need the longer stripe.

SS cars do not look right without longer stripes - and will become the recipient's of critical commentary by the competition mainly since the performance RPO equipped stripes (if shorter) would be different from the competition (ford..ect) and a comparison "mine are bigger than yours" could easily be made.

Basic human nature.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
First, thanks GM for trying to keep the cost of this accessory low for the customer. But we're now saying that's not the way we want it. And as evidenced by this photo of the portotype bumblebee SS, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7624 the stripes we want have already been dimensioned, laid out and made. All you have to do is say, hey, let's not do this too cheap, let's do it right, make more.

And I fail to see the logic behind your initial reasoning that any additional cost of longer stripes would be deemed frivolous by the buyer, but, evidently, the lack of something like remote start with the automatic transmission would be seen as intolerable, since on that you gave us no choice to save some money!?!

Anyway, remember, early on in this program, we're your best advertising. Looks mean a lot; please do this thing right!!

I'll pay $100 more no problem!!!!!!

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

Last edited by Rodrunner; 11-06-2008 at 09:22 AM.

Closed Thread